Delta Com's Ships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

So how do they look?

1(Horrible, I should never touch shipmaker again)
No votes
No votes
3(Kinda bad)
No votes
6%
5(Meh)
18%
18%
7(Good)
18%
41%
No votes
10(Awsome)
No votes

Total votes: 17

Delta_Com
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Delta Com's Ships

Post by Delta_Com »

Hylian Royal Navy

I have been playing some Legend of Zelda lately, mostly Skyward Sword, and decided to make a Zelda-themed fleet. Here it is:

From smallest to largest:

ImageImage
Loftwing Attack Fighter
This little fighter comes in two variants: Bomber(yellow) and Fighter (white). The fighter and bomber both have a 20mm machine gun, but the difference is in the wing mounted weapons. The fighter has multiple folding-fin guided rockets, while the bomber has high powered torpedoes. These little fighters make up the backbone of the Hylian Royal Navy.

Lanayru Gunboat
The Lanayru Gunboat is the most powerful anti-fighter ship in this sector. it's 40mm cannon rip fighters to shreds, and while it reloads, the 20mm machine guns hit any survivors.

Hylia Destroyer
A nimble destroyer, the Hylia can outmaneuver it's foes while it's twin 40mm cannon mounts and four 90mm auto cannons rip foes apart.

Faron Battleship
This is a prototype to the Hyrule Dreadnaught. It has many weapons, but has the weaker rail guns as opposed to sabot cannons.

Hyrule Dreadnaught
If the little Loftwings are the backbone, than this is the fist. The massive ship's many weapons systems allow it to utterly massacre any foe. It's most destructive weapon is the three sabot cannons. The only time this ship is in danger is when it is stranded and under bomber attack.
(This was originally a battleship, but after testing, I found it was so OP that I had to increase it's level to Dreadnaught)
*Updated with the Faron about an hour after first post
Last edited by Delta_Com on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Best scene in a TV show ever:
"Problem with the transfer tube?"
"No, not really. It seems like every time I get into the tube, Mr. Garibaldi is there. It's like he knows."
"Talia, Mr. Garibaldi is many things, but he's not omniscient." [Garibaldi appears]
"I think I'll take the stairs."
"I think I'll join you."

-- Sinclair and Winters
Babylon 5
Delta_Com
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Hylian Royal Navy

Post by Delta_Com »

First Imperial Fleet

The weakest full ship in the Imperial Navy is the Harpoon Missile Corvette:
This little bugger rains tiny little missiles onto its foes. It also has a triple MG mount for close range combat.

Way outclassing it is the new and improved Dagger Class Destroyer/Battlecruiser:
This Battlecruiser can dish out fire from its many autocannon mounts. It also is armed with three quad MIRV rocket launchers to attack enemies above its class.

The last common vessel is the Imperial Class Fleet Battleship:
The finest battleship in the sector, its four twin Pulverizer cannon mounts will turn even the finest warship to a fine dust. This is a warship to be reckoned with, and the icon of the Empire.

The BC-001 IFS Dreadnaught is the flagship of the First Imperial Fleet:
This Battlecarrier is the command ship of the fleet, commanded by a mysterious admiral who only goes by the name "Delta". This warship sacrifices two of its cannon mounts for the ability to launch and recover Shadow Stealth Bombers.

The Shadow Stealth Bomber is a prototype bomber planned to replace the Harpoon within a few years:
And here on a red background: Image
This bomber is undetectable on radar, and packs a punch with two torpedo launchers.
Last edited by Delta_Com on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
"No, not really. It seems like every time I get into the tube, Mr. Garibaldi is there. It's like he knows."
"Talia, Mr. Garibaldi is many things, but he's not omniscient." [Garibaldi appears]
"I think I'll join you."

-- Sinclair and Winters
Babylon 5
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I think you need to make a much wider use of the sections on offer. Stock-SW Sections cannot achieve the shapes that others can, and I think alot of the repetition/spam on your ships would be avoided if you utilised them. On a different note, the weapon spam on your ships can be toned down by editing individual weapons to have the power of 3, or to launch three at the same time, which would cut down on turrets, which lessen aestethic appeal of ships in most cases.

Other than that, these are good first-timer ships. :)
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

YES!! YES!!! About time someone made Zelda-themed ships? (I should copy you!)
These are really good for first-timer, and all my criticism is the same as the previous post.
Please, stay and make more.
naysayers will be shot
Delta_Com
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Delta_Com »

Deltaflyer wrote:I think you need to make a much wider use of the sections on offer. Stock-SW Sections cannot achieve the shapes that others can, and I think alot of the repetition/spam on your ships would be avoided if you utilised them. On a different note, the weapon spam on your ships can be toned down by editing individual weapons to have the power of 3, or to launch three at the same time, which would cut down on turrets, which lessen aestethic appeal of ships in most cases.

Other than that, these are good first-timer ships. :)
Thanks for the constructive criticism. I only used Stock-SW because I made two other Stock-SW fleets, and If I used a different section selection, they didn't really fit in. Here is my attempt at making a Kae_Shiny cruiser, in two styles: red and grey.
ImageImage
Doogie12 wrote:YES!! YES!!! About time someone made Zelda-themed ships? (I should copy you!)
These are really good for first-timer, and all my criticism is the same as the previous post.
Please, stay and make more.
Thanks, I am thinking about doing some enemy related ships next. How about a giant Queen Gohma that spawns little Gohma fighters?
P.S. What would the Eldin based ship be? A carrier maybe?
"I think I'll join you."

-- Sinclair and Winters
Babylon 5
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I do like that second shiny ship, I'd love to see what it looks like with the section just before the wings copied and moved about 3-4 pixels higher and 2 or so pixels back, coloured red, to break up the greyness. I think a tiny bit more variation in depth is needed, but that ship, I do like.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Delta_Com
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Delta_Com »

Thanks, I'll try that. I might start a new thread for my shiny ships.

p.s. I'm testing my Queen Gohma class carrier right now. (Queen Gohma vs Faron) So many little spider-fighter things. o_O
here is how it ended
Spoiler!
note to self: make little gohmas way weaker
"I think I'll join you."

-- Sinclair and Winters
Babylon 5
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

You might as well just put them in this one to save cluttering up the board. Looking forward to the pictures of the next ships.
Delta_Com
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Delta_Com »

Deltaflyer wrote:I do like that second shiny ship, I'd love to see what it looks like with the section just before the wings copied and moved about 3-4 pixels higher and 2 or so pixels back, coloured red, to break up the greyness. I think a tiny bit more variation in depth is needed, but that ship, I do like.
Check out the Destroyer/Battlecruiser under the Imperial Navy. It that better?
(I added the red parts to increase it's survivability.)
"I think I'll join you."

-- Sinclair and Winters
Babylon 5
Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Delta Com's Ships

Post by Epicduck »

Seriously Its realy cool Put more colors. i liked the ship form man its real cool
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ dammit. i dropped my bag of doritos
Delta_Com
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Delta_Com »

I am hopefully going to be able to work on ships again. Any suggestions?
"I think I'll join you."

-- Sinclair and Winters
Babylon 5
Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epicduck »

Battlestation?
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ dammit. i dropped my bag of doritos
Delta_Com
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Delta_Com »

Good idea, I might just do that. Also, should I make an opponent for the Imperial Fleet?
"I think I'll join you."

-- Sinclair and Winters
Babylon 5
Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epicduck »

Make a Light empire Legion...
Delta_Com
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Delta_Com »

Epicduck wrote:Make a Light empire Legion...
Explain?

EDIT: does anyone know how to rotate a section counter clockwise?
Last edited by Delta_Com on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I think I'll join you."

-- Sinclair and Winters
Babylon 5