I am error

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

I am error

Post by Doogie12 »

Its teh Master Sword-ship!
Its teh Master Sword-ship!
Not armed yet, but it will be awesome and beautiful when it is. Yes, people, that includes spin attacks. Inspiration from Eri's Orbital sword, Delta_Com's new thread, and of course The Legend of Zelda series.
Spoiler!
Yes, I know it's not exactly like the master sword. Yes, I know there is a ridiculously stretched section there. And yes, I see that the triforce thing in the middle is glowing. Anyone who says these things will be shot, in the knee, and left to bleed out near the Mexican border.
naysayers will be shot
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Re: I am error

Post by Deltaflyer »

Im not terribly drawn to it. It looks simplistic and blocky for a sword, as opposed to sharp. Still, I've never played Zelda so I can't comment on the intent of it.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Well I still fully intend it to be a ship, just you know...shaped like the master sword. Lasers, Missiles, and Guns are yet to come.
naysayers will be shot
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I know, I'm just saying, I don't particularly like it. Its too bland to be an aesthethically pleasing ship, in my opinion, and the use of large blocky sections reduces the looks of it being sharp like a sword. Of course, each to their own, but Im not personally a fan of it's looks thus far.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I would say the main problem is the blade itself. Make it slightly more sleek, or even serrated and interesting, and it would make a much better sword. I do like the guard, but shiny sections are not very conducive to this type of design.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I agree completely with what jwa and delta said. To put it simply, it's not great, you can do a lot better :)
Delta_Com
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Delta_Com »

Lol, Doogie, my first Zelda themed ship was a master sword too! I made it with Shiny, so it didn't really match the style of my other Zelda ships. I think I will post it anyway.
Best scene in a TV show ever:
"Problem with the transfer tube?"
"No, not really. It seems like every time I get into the tube, Mr. Garibaldi is there. It's like he knows."
"Talia, Mr. Garibaldi is many things, but he's not omniscient." [Garibaldi appears]
"I think I'll take the stairs."
"I think I'll join you."

-- Sinclair and Winters
Babylon 5