Elvis Aint Dead...

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Elvis Aint Dead...

Post by Deltaflyer »

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Elvis_Aint_Dead.zip

Enjoy. Not balanced to anything, in most cases.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Delta_Com
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Delta_Com »

O_O ooh, nice! It looks almost as good as some of the masterpieces that use Shiny sprites, and this one just uses stock!
Best scene in a TV show ever:
"Problem with the transfer tube?"
"No, not really. It seems like every time I get into the tube, Mr. Garibaldi is there. It's like he knows."
"Talia, Mr. Garibaldi is many things, but he's not omniscient." [Garibaldi appears]
"I think I'll take the stairs."
"I think I'll join you."

-- Sinclair and Winters
Babylon 5
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Bump.

Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Delta_Com
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Delta_Com »

Deltaflyer wrote:Bump.

Wait a minute, didn't you criticize me for using Stock-Sw? You are just using Stock!
Just kidding. Once again, theses ships look really good. I like the yellow and gray paint. It really looks good with stock.
Keep up the good work!
"No, not really. It seems like every time I get into the tube, Mr. Garibaldi is there. It's like he knows."
"Talia, Mr. Garibaldi is many things, but he's not omniscient." [Garibaldi appears]
"I think I'll join you."

-- Sinclair and Winters
Babylon 5
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Ah, no. I am using Stock Kae_mini and Stock Kae_small. :P
Delta_Com
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Delta_Com »

Oh. My bad.
Still, how did you figure out your coloring scheme? Did you just mess around until it worked?
"I think I'll join you."

-- Sinclair and Winters
Babylon 5
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I generally start with a colour scheme in mind, and colour as I go. Here it was a light yellow and gray, on a couple of others its different. I have a pink one, which didnt turn out as well as I'd hoped as well. Posting pics soon. Watch this space.

EDIT:

-Intended to be a corvette, or drone.

-Intended to be a survey vessel. I -hate- this ship.

EDIT 2:

- Something Random from a while ago, an Interceptor Frigate... or something.
Delta_Com
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Delta_Com »

I really like that first one, the barely asymmetrical fighter type thing. It looks really nice.
"I think I'll join you."

-- Sinclair and Winters
Babylon 5
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

You're right, the support vessel is pretty bad, however I'm intersted in the glowy core (Which has been done before) and how you made it (Which is probably a stupid question since its probably very obvious. The drone is equal to rainbows in awesomeness levels (That is to say, 120%) and is very well done. I'm interested in the frigate, it looks like it has potential that hasn't been released yet, maybe if you worked on it it'll become something pretty awsome.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

The core effect is one of Danny420Dale's sprites, then another one stretched. Then make a weapon, Set it as the stretched core's driver and set it's turning stat to zero. This way you'll get the line always horizontal, Mass Effect-style.

EDIT: This only works on the basis that the ship is spawned perfectly horizontally.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

A stock-only attempt at Alchemy One, the little competition-type thing done by STARSTRUCK.
Link to the thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5804
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Shiny...
Siliness aside, that seems like a pretty darn nice representation of the alchemy spaceship, the weapons flow with the body and the outlining makes it more vivid. Those two triangular sections at the front bother me slightly however overall its pretty well done! Good job! Where did you get those sprites by the way (Which I'm assuming are Danny's) I can't find the thread for it.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

The Circular Glows are DDC_Flares, by Danny420Dale. I got them from the all-in-one spritepack by the builder. I got the long yellow beam-like sprite from MelvinVm's BEAMU folder, also from the spritepack.