Wakerz' fleet

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Wakerz' fleet

Post by Wakerz »

My first few ships up for review
Attachments
wyvern class destroyer
wyvern class destroyer
SMscreen06.png (12.91 KiB) Viewed 4727 times
the drake class cruiser
the drake class cruiser
SMscreen04.png (11.02 KiB) Viewed 4727 times
the great wyrm class battleship
the great wyrm class battleship
the wyvern class fighter
the wyvern class fighter
SMscreen00.png (3.72 KiB) Viewed 4727 times
being a true soldier isn't about bravery or courage, it's about being in mortal terror constantly but fighting on regardless for your country and cause. Only in death does duty end.
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Location: At my computer duh, were did you think I was? the moon?

Re: Wakerz' fleet

Post by Rockboy3970 »

well don't ttake my critisisim that badly but here is a few sugestions
zoom don't zoom in or out on the ship make as this cause all the stuff to go all funky when you take a screen shot
2. little too many guns
try less guns and thrusters or at least alter them so there not juting out as much like covering them with parts and so

3. color
try less red or a lighter shade (even though red is my favorate color) so its not so eye burn red
4. sprite editing
if you expand sprites and stretch them out I ugest strongly copy them over into paint and edit them back to ueable quality because streching them makes them look really bad

hope this helps

P.S reply to your sig...must resist saying your so right....
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wakerz »

thanks for the advice ill take that into consideration
being a true soldier isn't about bravery or courage, it's about being in mortal terror constantly but fighting on regardless for your country and cause. Only in death does duty end.
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wakerz »

this a my new fleet much better than my last, i used the TSA_URKAI_SW packk for these. and they are more balanced. enjoy
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wakerz »

The Sentinel, Marauder, Lancer, Ironwall, Dreadguard, and bulwark respectively.

Edit: I changed the weapons on them and balanced them some more, though I left the desgins the same.
Attachments
SMscreen04.png
SMscreen04.png (4.1 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
SMscreen03.png
SMscreen03.png (4.3 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
SMscreen02.png
SMscreen02.png (6.61 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
SMscreen01.png
SMscreen01.png (14.42 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
SMscreen020.png
SMscreen020.png (7.8 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
SMscreen018.png
SMscreen018.png (9.55 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
Last edited by Wakerz on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The fleet is alright, though I have a few points of criticism.

First, turn parenting lines off before taking screenshots.
Secondly, don't use stock weapons and modules with SW sections. Horsemonster's weapons and the Svn_SW weapons are in the repack stickied in the custom content section.
Thirdly, the repetition of the same section doesn't look great. It's now absolutely awful here, but try to avoid it in the future.

Glad to see another builder come back after a long away period.
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wakerz »

alright thanks i didnt know there were weapons packs and ill definitely use a better variety of sprites next time
E-Swat
Ensign
Ensign

Post by E-Swat »

Ya if you want the main weapon packs I know of is Horsemonsters detailed weapons viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4770 and Se7eN's SW weapons viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4459.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Well ya the repetition is bad in spots, but that the good thing, its in spots. The overall shapes are decent. Just remove all but one of the repeated sections in an area and start adding other stuff. Can still be from the same pack. Biggest thing that would help this is engines like horsemonsters, or some similar type sections darkened to give contrast. The Bulwark looks ok though, just add some things.
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wakerz »

A preview of my next fleet, finally started using custom weapons, and this fleet will be the first with a capital ship
Attachments
SMscreen02.png
Machine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Machine »

I like the general shape, the only thing I have against it is the side sections at the front; they don't fit very well IMHO.
It needs more shading (sections placed at the bottom of the ship should be darker than the ones at the top giving the illusion of depth). And also some other colors could help, especially blinking lights doodads.
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wakerz »

ok thanks machine
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wakerz »

reworked versions of my new ships each with attempts at shading (its subtle with the second one but its there) i tried to go for the classic military green color but lemme know if it looks like blarf. this has been officialy dubbed "Apocalypse". also reworked some of the frontal armor 'cause it was buggin me.
Attachments
SMscreen09.png
SMscreen08.png
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Hate to say it, but it looks like blarf. With the realistic looking sprites never go for the saturated colors. On the green you used go into custom colors and drag the slider to the right near the top. Just a general note in shading; The middle of the ship should use lighter colors. The higher up a portion of the ship is, the lighter the color should be.
naysayers will be shot
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wakerz »

on an unrelated but interesting note i saw th15 on last night I don't think he did anything though.