So gais.

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: So gais.

Post by Danny420Dale »

Pretty epic ship there. I'm guessing it's something like some crazy dreadnought/spacefighter hybrid thing? And I wanna see it shoot, especially whatever WTFbeam is in the nose!
12321YYH
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by 12321YYH »

These are great ships. the color scheme is weird, purple and green, but they somehow make sense to me.
How many men can we afford to lose in this goddamned war!!!
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

i maek shep. huehuehuehuehuehuehue

Almost too big to fit in one screenshot, just almost.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wakerz »

Holy crap that looks epic
being a true soldier isn't about bravery or courage, it's about being in mortal terror constantly but fighting on regardless for your country and cause. Only in death does duty end.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

The shape and overall design is great, my first impression is much like Wakerz'. Then I start to look at some of the details and it falls flat a bit. The gold areas on the outside near the engine and the back of the nose (i.e. the part right after the wing connection) are messy in places, lines don't work and sections just stick out despite all being in the same style.
Also, I think that the wings could do with a bit of curve on the inside, the straight line is really at odds with the rest of the ship. Finally, I'm not a fan of the centre line section used in the back of the nose (i.e. the really bright, oval ended section that looks too skinny and stands out too much).

Anyway, criticism aside, the ships is still pretty damn good, the nose, the detailed bits and much of the wings are really well done and as I said before the overall design is great. I also have to commend you for actually making ships, not too many people, myself included, do that anymore, or at least not that I know of - I have no idea if anyone actually makes ships on irc or if you guys just dick around (though in my limited experience it seems to be the latter).
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

O_O Thats great, jumbled in certain places, but great.
@Bad Boy. I would make ships, but the new Zelda has had my attention.
naysayers will be shot
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Hey, I'm not criticizing anyone. I would make ships except that there are a million other things I could or should be doing that get in the way. And I'm not motivated to. And skyrim eats up time like crazy, and so on and so forth. There are tons of reasons not to make ships (the forum being dead is also one of them) so there's no reason to feel bad about it or feel the need to defend that.
Instead, it's a nice treat when someone does make one, especially when it looks nice like this does.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

You people and your excuses! Admit it, you've all just lost your passion! D<
nikinor
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by nikinor »

Chiiro wrote:You people and your excuses! Admit it, you've all just lost your passion! D<
Those aren't excuses.
I'm dead serious! That thing is amazing.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Chiiro wrote:You people and your excuses! Admit it, you've all just lost your passion! D<
Yeah but I did that ages ago. Not even sure when I last built something outside of jwa's chainship.
Anyway, you just have to build enough for the whole forum, that's all. I mean it's what, 5 people? Shouldn't be too bad.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Anyways, sure a giant ship is stiking at a first glance but when you actually look at it, there's almost always a flaw. It's still pretty darn good, I can't get past destoyer without losing flow but really, go for smaller ships.

(not too much smaller though we need some more big cruisers on the forums!)
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

So, my computer crashed before I could actually save the last version of the Limitless, the big thingy in gold and blue, and I can't be arsed to redo the parts I changed and the coloring etc, so I started on something new.

So far, only a taste of things to come, namely the middle section of what is hopefully going to be much bigger than this.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Well, looks like I'm done with the hull here, at least mostly.

Gentlemen, I hereby introduce to you, the Palais Julienne!

Still lacking armaments, coloring is non-final since this screen does not give a good, true color balance.
Also, I'm thinking of giving it sidepods. How about that huh?
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Holy Jewish People! I think I'm about to get eaten by the most wicked looking flower in the world.
Great job.
naysayers will be shot
nikinor
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by nikinor »

Chiiro wrote:Well, looks like I'm done with the hull here, at least mostly.

Gentlemen, I hereby introduce to you, the Palais Julienne!

Still lacking armaments, coloring is non-final since this screen does not give a good, true color balance.
Also, I'm thinking of giving it sidepods. How about that huh?
Ew.
No, oh god no.
That's disgusting just to look at.