So gais.

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: So gais.

Post by Bad Boy »

Really nikinor? You're an ass, come back with constructive criticism, or at least criticism that doesn't make you look like an idiot. Not liking the design style is fine but say so a little more intelligently and perhaps try to explain how it can be improved. Also you should probably not quote pics. Just quote the text, add the word snip (or something else to make it clear you've edited it) and use that instead.

That said, I'm not a fan of the front winglets, perhaps they could be replace with something more fitting. Outside of that, great ship and an interesting design. The sections fit together a far better than last time, the only problems I see are the ends of the middle winglets and the first engine bits at the back wings (i.e. the gray bit on the back of the back wings, right next to the main body). I'm curious as to what the ship would look like with the wings extended to make a full ring, though it might just look bad :D
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Proooobably going to scrap some parts of the Palais Julienne and rework it from there, but that's for later. Right now, I am... well, I was, working on this.
The Mirage-class, a ship with more enginges than the average captain has braincells!

And the refit with more gun ports, less engines.

EDIT: Also did this.

The Boreas class.

The Aurora class.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epicduck »

Very epic the color and details i liked all of you ships You pretty epic ^^
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ dammit. i dropped my bag of doritos
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

These are really well done, as in, they would go in the Holy Ship thread (we should make a user version of it!).
naysayers will be shot
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

The Azure Bastion, which is sort of... ugly. Like, intentionally ugly, but still ugly. At this point I decided to drop the aesthetic I'd been working in for a while and moved on to other projects.

The Laevatein, which I'm not completely done with. The hull is done, but colors etc are undecided on so far.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

As always you fail to disappoint. That big one is definately growing on me. The second one has those beautiful layered wings that you do so well. Fantastic work. Please make more.
naysayers will be shot
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Built ship, didn't save, computer crashed, lost ship.
But in other news, I decided I'd start working with more obscure sections from the shiny pack, to stop using the convenient ones as a crutch. I achieved this by moving all the 'convenient' sections into a completely different folder so I couldn't use them anymore. Nifty huh?
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

GP-005 Keelhaul Class Battlecruiser.
Aint. Nothing. To. A. Bause.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I think the depthing on the wings is too extreme and too 'steep', possibly lightening up the first grey section on each wing would counteract this, and I think the front most white sections jutting out of the winglets are too bright, to lead into the pink right next to them. On a positive not, I loce the sectionwork in the centre, especially just forward of the middle of the craft and just aft of the middle. Im not a great fan of the section choices on the wings, but I'm not much of a fan of the majority of shiny pieces, so I think thats just me. I like the technical working that has gone into the ship, I'm just not all that into it's aesthetic appeal. Its not a knock against you, its just me being old-fashioned.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Ok so this started as a ship, and I was tossing it around #BSF going all "I'm not sure where to go with this". Arcalane was kind enough to telll me "if you copied and flipped horizontally, then stuck them together somehow or something"

And thus, this was born.
The Russian Dancing Man Superfortress!
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I very much like it. You've got a couple locations (mostly near the centre) where the red bits are below the gray in a pretty noticeable way (other areas blend better) which you might consider changing.
I think it could potentially benefit from having the front made into a nose and the rear into engines (i.e. make it into a ship) but with or without that it's still very nice.
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Post by shamrocksoldier »

You have a talent. Some of the best ships I've seen on the forums. I take inspiration from this stuff. Great work!
UNGW Fleet:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6452
The War for the colonies:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6454

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. But In the morning, I shall be sober.”
Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epicduck »

Epic....
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ dammit. i dropped my bag of doritos
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Bad Boy wrote:I very much like it. You've got a couple locations (mostly near the centre) where the red bits are below the gray in a pretty noticeable way (other areas blend better) which you might consider changing.
I think it could potentially benefit from having the front made into a nose and the rear into engines (i.e. make it into a ship) but with or without that it's still very nice.
I think the parts you're talking about might be intentional, the large parts towards the center right? Yeah I did that on purpose, it looked better than not doing it that way. I'm working on a ship version of it too but it's on hold for now.

shamrocksoldier wrote:You have a talent. Some of the best ships I've seen on the forums. I take inspiration from this stuff. Great work!
Thanks man, it's nice to know that my work inspires other peoples creativity. You look like you're improving fast too, so keep up the good work. Always nice with new people who show promise.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I wonder if that would look good as the overall frame with a substructure built under it. Then you wouldn't have to touch this part and could just make the engines, weapons pods, and changes to the shape with the substructure without changing this much. That or rotate it 90 degrees and do the same thing. Either way, really liking those reactor type bits