Aurelain Commonwealth - New Ships!

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Raptor_a22
Ensign
Ensign

Aurelain Commonwealth - New Ships!

Post by Raptor_a22 »

Almost finished, just a few touch-ups to go. Almost every ship in this list has been modified. New screenies are forthcoming.

I proudly present:
The Aurelian Commonwealth Defence Fleet

"Sentry"
Patrol Craft

Armed with two Autocannon Repeaters, the Sentry is a fast, hard hitting patrol craft.

"Renegade"
Heavy Destroyer

The Renegade is the backbone of any assault force. With a dual Autocannon Battery and a Deflector module in addition to the armanents of its predecessor, the Renegade is able to punch a hole through enemy defences.

"Liberator"
Heavy Assault Cruiser

Bristling with guns, the Liberator barely fits into the cruiser classification. Its multiple Autocannons can shred enemy ships.

"Freedom"
Support Dreadnought

The chief role of the Freedom class dreadnought is to provide long range firepower. This warship is capable of launching a devastating barrage of Interceptors, Cruise Missiles to confound enemy PD systems, then launching a powerful Torpedo into the heart of enemy ships. In addition, this warship carries two Triple Autocannon Batteries to use against any ship foolish enough to close the distance.

"Resistance"
Assault Dreadnought

The Resistance is an older design, directly based off the original ship stolen from the Bretilian Empire Shipyards at Forlorn Minor almost thirty years ago. It can bring to bear a formidable amount of firepower with five Triple Autocannon Batteries.

"Inspiration"
Flagship

The Inspiration is the father of almost all the ships in the Aurelian Fleet. Stolen from the Bretilian Empire, it is nigh indestructible. With seven Autocannon Batteries, anything in the path of this behemoth is quickly obliterated.

All Aurelian warships carry powerful Defence Cannon for intercepting demeter drones and other incoming ordinance.
Raptor_AC_Pack2.zip
(12.48 KiB) Downloaded 477 times
Also included is a Target Drone, for when you just need to let off some steam.
Credit goes to Horse_Monster and Kaelis for their excellent sprite and section packs.
Last edited by Raptor_a22 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Aurelain Commonwealth - Early Designs

Post by Doogie12 »

Not bad, but it could be much better. There are no obvious mistakes here (except that unalpha-ed deflector module) so I'll just tell you to poke around a little more to get a feel for things. A few tips I could offer is to keep the weapons facing straight, or attached to a circular base if you want them to face a different direction. As of now they look odd.
I really wish to see more ships from you as you improve!
naysayers will be shot
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Actually I don't think that applies since hes in game not the shipmaker, so the guns are freely traversing their arcs.
A bit too much generic for me but I know its an easy starter pack, so just take your time and experiment with what sections work together, you may be surprised!
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The bits of core showing are bad, but otherwise these are pretty good for someone so new.
I will second Doogie's comment about adding a base to weapons. It makes the rotation look much better.
I'm impressed you got turrets working, kudos.

Keep at it, I look forward to more.
Raptor_a22
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Aurelain Commonwealth - New Ships!

Post by Raptor_a22 »

New content yay!
Also, a request: I've had this "Tri-Faction War" idea floating around in my head for a while, and I would like to make it a reality. The Bretilian Empire is next, but the only problem is the style I want from them. To put it bluntly, the style I want is blocky. Starcraft-Terran-Battlecruiser-ish blocky. Only problem is, When I do blocky, it looks like crap. Can anyone give me some tips?
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

It wasn't too noticeable before, but with these latest two, the holes in the ships are very obvious. I recommend filling them with something so that they look more solid.

Otherwise, they look pretty good and well in keeping with the fleet's style with the exception of the Inspiration's nose. Everything forward of the third turret looks a little off, and I think the tip should be sleeker, but that's just my impression.

I'm afraid I don't have any decent advice for a blocky fleet, but good luck.
delta-7
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by delta-7 »

not bad, but you should probably include a .zip file with sprites. and .sb4 files.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

Post DATES! will have a bunch of dead threads in the front page if you continue this
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
Majicnanas
Captain
Captain

Post by Majicnanas »

If you wanna make some blocky ships, try the Dst_swnc sprites, if you're having trouble with those, look at some of my older posts.

And welcome to the forums! :D
Add me on steam @majicnanas