some new ships ^^

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

seiji09
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

some new ships ^^

Post by seiji09 »

sorry that it's been a while since my first post - i got busy with my school life, etc. so i didn't have time making ships ^^; anyway, i made 5 new ones:
Attachments
ITEFC-004 Seravee - fourth Imperia Terra experimental fighter - capable of heavy assault
ITEFC-004 Seravee - fourth Imperia Terra experimental fighter - capable of heavy assault
SMscreen02.png (15.67 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
ITEFC-003 Cherudim - third Imperia Terra experimental fighter; capable of long-range precision attacks
ITEFC-003 Cherudim - third Imperia Terra experimental fighter; capable of long-range precision attacks
SMscreen01.png (13.01 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
ITEFC-002 Arios - second Imperia Terra experimental fighter; capable of quick support and hit-and-run attacks
ITEFC-002 Arios - second Imperia Terra experimental fighter; capable of quick support and hit-and-run attacks
SMscreen03.png (14.13 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
ITEFC-001 Exia - first Imperia Terra experimental fighter; capable of high-speed attacks and quick teleportation
ITEFC-001 Exia - first Imperia Terra experimental fighter; capable of high-speed attacks and quick teleportation
SMscreen05.png (13.56 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
ITAC-784 Excellion Revival (Revival-Class) - special carrier for  Imperia Terra experimental fighters
ITAC-784 Excellion Revival (Revival-Class) - special carrier for Imperia Terra experimental fighters
My ships aren't overpowered, they're just... Extremely Efficient! XD
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: some new ships ^^

Post by jwa8402 »

oO That first one(and the variations by extension) is actually quite nifty looking. The big one shows up as somewhat blurry for me so its hard to tell much though it looks ok unzoomed, but that first one is an excellent start to a fleet!
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

These are gorgeous. The progression of design on the fighters is interesting and the carrier is rather fine as well. I usually shun the use of the sw stock sprites, but in this case, I think you've made them look pretty decent. I would love to see this thing in combat.

It's nice to see someone decent still building. It kinda makes me want to try again.

Also, where did you get that shield sprite?
seiji09
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by seiji09 »

Kiltric wrote:These are gorgeous. The progression of design on the fighters is interesting and the carrier is rather fine as well. I usually shun the use of the sw stock sprites, but in this case, I think you've made them look pretty decent. I would love to see this thing in combat.

It's nice to see someone decent still building. It kinda makes me want to try again.

Also, where did you get that shield sprite?
They're GSB Shields. I got it from the Shipmaker repack found in the.... Custom Sprites Section, I think...
Last edited by seiji09 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
seiji09
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by seiji09 »

I reposted the carrier for you guys. Also, note that the large core in the center spins rapidly.
Attachments
SMscreen05.png
seiji09
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by seiji09 »

In regards to the fleet's combat performance, let's just say that I implemented the "Gundam 00" approach, wherein a big, powerful carrier holds four badass fighters capable of destroying entire fleets - may they be alone or as a group altogether ^^. anyway, i posted a group picture, as well as a picture of the fleet in combat.
Attachments
Fleet in Grinder (in wave 18, still 100% HP)
Fleet in Grinder (in wave 18, still 100% HP)
Excellion Revival along with its four experimental fighters
Excellion Revival along with its four experimental fighters
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Hmm, well not my favorite sprites, but the design and use is fairly clean and well thought out. You obviously had a design in mind and executed it, which is the main thing for me. Are you working on a download for these?
mato9020
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mato9020 »

these are really cool and a down load would be awesome
FULL SPEED AHEAD
seiji09
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by seiji09 »

Hark! the most-awaited download is here! :D

Notes:
1. you'll need the shipmaker repack for the ships to work (found in Custom Sprites Section)
2. place the "Imperia Terra Navy ^^" folder inside the custom ships folder

that's all!
Attachments
Imperia Terra Navy ^^.rar
(33.38 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Machine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Machine »

When I saw the smaller ships, I knew they should remind me of something, mostly due to the colors... and then I saw their names, and the descriptions :lol:.
I tried the ships ingame, and I liked the Excellion, however the fighters are too small, being scaled down too much IMHO (I like them at their presentation size in your first post though). Their size is ok for a fighter though, I guess you should use smaller sections for making those.

Also a little bit of nitpicking, the shield section that you used is not just borders, so you should always place it at Depth=1, otherwise it might look weird in some places, like in the rear of the Excellion. Also, I would have criticized the green color you chose for the shield, but I won't since it's totally fitting for GN particles :P.
seiji09
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by seiji09 »

i was actually thinking about having the shield depth=1, but i didn't know how to hide the nanomatrix since its parented to the shield section. in fact, it's only until recently that i found out about setting alpha=0 to hide them ^^. Also, i read the gundam wiki and found out that the gundams were around 1/10 the size of the ptolemaios 2, so that's why they're pretty small (they make up for it in firepower though,... ^^)