Anna's High Guard Ships - 4th Ship on Page 2

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Anna's High Guard Ships - 4th Ship on Page 2

Post by jwa8402 »

Well I think he was just using that as an example of the design style the commonwealth might follow. Incidentally it was a foolish question on my part because the slip rails seem to require symmetry. At most, one might see a tri-rail design with a asymmetrical hull lengthwise.
Good stuff on the new ship, sorry for not noticing it right away. That layered armor lends it an organic look, though that maybe as much the sprites as anything. Are these behemoths going to get any enemies?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

[de-lurk]

Now this is fucking cool shit. Just goes to show what new techniques can do to an old design. The repetition works pretty well, and the designs are still as stunning as ever. Great job.
My one and only nitpick I have, but this has been said before, is the dark blue-grey ish color. Something lighter and more royal-ish might work well for these ships.

Either way, wonderful work. Seeing these, I might roll back into the business myself...hmm. *evil scheming*

[re-lurk]
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Next ship is mostly complete, just need to clean it up, arm it, whatever.

I know it's really messy. That's the problem with trying to make ships this big. So much space to fill in...

Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

The new gilgamesh has appeared!!!
its not really messy, to be honest. The front does have that same serious repetition, but with the size of the ship its totally excused.
naysayers will be shot
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The repetition is a bit unsightly, but if that's going to be cleaned up well (and knowing you, I'm sure it will) then w/e.

Is there a reference pic or did you make this up yourself following the style of the others? I ask because I'm not quite feeling the dimensionality of the thing and knowing what you were going for would help.

In particular, where the light and dark braces meet in the back seems rather awkward.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Hmm, I like the design itself, but the repetition is a tough call. Obviously you did it skillfully and as you said there are only so many ways to make a monster like that. If anything, I'd say it needs additional details to camouflage the repetition. Either Generators, weapon mounts, glows, etc; or other similar sections to break up the tiling. For example where you have a row of sections like 186, use sections like 171 that don't have such a heavy gradient(seriously Kaelis, we need more of those) to link them.

Regardless, few have your ability to use small sections, even repetitiously, to create such elaborate designs. I've enjoyed seeing this fleet evolve!
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The repetition is well done, and I can oversee most of it, except the front. The front part is... really just a blob of sections. I'm sure you can fix that part. It needs more detail and far more different sections. Otherwise, repetition has always been the only decent way to make a ship this size without custom sections, and you executed it properly.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ccb12
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by ccb12 »

I think you should make more high guard ships there amazing (I wish I could make ships like that).
keen320
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by keen320 »

For some reason, I kind of like the repetition. Kinda reminds me of scales, or some kind of segmented armor plates.

Basically, even your repetition is awesome.
xmrsmoothx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xmrsmoothx »

The Promised Dawn's central section looks a little flat, especially for a Anna ship. It's nice, though, aside from the ugly stubby turrets.
The Harmony of One is really nice, but I think it may look better with the turrets colored to the hull.
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

That's pretty close to a necro, dude, and Silver isn't around much anymore.

None of us are, for that matter.

*sigh* I miss the old Wyrdysm...
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Not much of one since it wasn't even a quarter of the way down the page. Which is pathetic...