First ships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

First ships

Post by Lukasmah »

Hello. I'm a beginner. I got ship builder a few days ago. I learned most of the shipbuilder stuff. Triggers, custom sprites, custom weapons settings, drivers etc. There are some things I don't know, but there is only a few of them. However, that's only technical knowledge. Design, balancing and aestethics wise I'm a total noob, so I desperately need feedback.

Yes, I know, these ships are made using stock parts. And you know why? Becuase I preffer that style over shinies and want to get as much as I can out of it. I'll use custom sprites in the future, but they will likely be stock style (kae_whatevs kind of stuff). Compared to built in ships, some of them are a bit overpowered and some of them are ridiculously overpowered. But I guess overpowered is relative if everyone balances their ships against whatever they want.

So, here we go with some borderline shitty ones. I left out the completely shitty ones. Feedback would be appreciated.

Iron Sparrow
Iron sparrow.png
Iron sparrow.png (8.05 KiB) Viewed 6387 times
Iron Sparrow is basically a more powerful version of Hestia. However, she lacks any kind of point defense to make up for the additional firepower. She's still stronger than Hestia, though.

Strikedart, Strikedart Beta, Strikedart X
Strikedarts.png
My first ship. It's complete crap, but it's my first ship, so I just had to.

Strikedart Strikedart comes in 3 version. Normal one is overpowered. Beta one is really overpowered. X one can blow a Cronus into bits without suffering too much damage. Their front part is extremely well armed and protected, but their back part is vulnerable. They can be used to clear a way for the rest of the fleet, but it is recommended to have a ship to cover their back, because they can be defeated by flanking.

Scatterarrow
<No screenshot>
Scatterarrow is designed to cover a large area and fight many ships at a time. Although she creates a large bullet spam, most of her weapons are easily destroyed and get blown up early on in the battle, so the only threat left is her powerful torpedo launcher. On her own she isn't too strong, but if she is guarded by other ships she can be pretty useful.

Hipocrates
Hipocrates.png
Hipocrates.png (9.22 KiB) Viewed 6387 times
A very useful support.

Light attacker
Light attacker.png
Light attacker.png (4.6 KiB) Viewed 6387 times
A small and fast ship, but still lare enough not to be considered a fighter. She has a modified blaster which does less damage but fires rapidly to overwhelm point defense systems.

Okapi
Okapi.png
Okapi.png (2.22 KiB) Viewed 6387 times
Fast and tough fighter. Note: For the next two ships to work properly this ship needs to be placed in /battleships forever whatevs directory/Custom Ships/Custom

Okapi transporter
Okapi tansporter.png
Okapi tansporter.png (13.48 KiB) Viewed 6387 times
She is quite strong and is also capable of carrying Okapi fighters.

Okapi carrier
Okapi carrier.png
She was originally not ment to look like BSG. When I started making her she was only ment to be long and narrow, but she reminded me of BSG just a tiny little bit so I went with it. With ablative plating, a dieterling, ship deployers and dual autocannons she is probably the most powerful ship here. She is capable of fighting 2 Cronus type juggernaughts at a time, but 3 or 4 at a time are likely to blow her up.

Download:
First ships.zip
(10.81 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
Last edited by Lukasmah on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
Majicnanas
Captain
Captain

Re: First ships

Post by Majicnanas »

Wow, someone who actually prefers stock over some shiny sections. :D Welcome!

If your going to start off your ship building with stock sections, I suggest looking at some of the old forums (If you really need to), or some more recent posts that contain stock sections.

I am a really big fan of the stock sections, so I would suggest looking at some of my work.
Add me on steam @majicnanas
Venno borgan
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Venno borgan »

Majicnanas wrote:Wow, someone who actually prefers stock over some shiny sections. :D Welcome!

If your going to start off your ship building with stock sections, I suggest looking at some of the old forums (If you really need to), or some more recent posts that contain stock sections.

I am a really big fan of the stock sections, so I would suggest looking at some of my work.
I use stock and the Kay sections under custome sprites because I don't know how to use other sections or that they existed. I'm going to do a video where I crush this fleet with one ship.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Venno borgan wrote:I use stock and the Kay sections under custome sprites because I don't know how to use other sections or that they existed. I'm going to do a video where I crush this fleet with one ship.
Don't do this. It will make you look like a fucking retard and nobody will care.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.