A new form of weapon?

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

themastersays
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

A new form of weapon?

Post by themastersays »

It has been on my mind for sometime now, the way to use fragmentation of parts to create a bomb that can tear a ship inside out from the core. after number of failures, i present the not so great looking mass of parts called "FragMK6". you have see it to believe it, to took out leviathan without firing a single shot, or technically, it is the shot. it is likely i will create a more refined version sometime soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcG2Noy02U

( sorry about the poor quality, my comp fails, i know)

any thoughts on this? good? bad? horrifying?
Attachments
fragMKII.shp
User instruction ( do not select core as the target, the game mechanism will turn the bomb into something useless, click something close to the core)
(14.65 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: A new form of weapon?

Post by Anna »

New? :lol: Dude, kinetic missiles are so far from a new idea I don't even know where to begin. They were made before the kamikaze AI mode for ships was even put into the game. The idea of self-destructing ships with lots of small fragments that tear up enemy ships is over three years old. Nobody uses it anymore because it's silly and been done.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Anna wrote:Nobody uses it anymore because it's silly and been done.
I dunno I think it's okay if he makes them, the problem is that he was trying to claim he came up with something new and original but let him make some KKM's for awhile, maybe it'll be a learning experience.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I wasn't saying that he can't or shouldn't make them, just explaining why it's been a long time since anyone else has. We have explosive weapons with AoE and guidance now. And they don't lag the game as much as kamikaze ships do, but have more or less the same effect.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Kudos to innovation, even if it is unoriginal.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Kiltric wrote:Kudos to innovation, even if it is unoriginal.
This statement makes no sense. Innovative and unoriginal are essentially opposites. You could have said 'kudos to coming up with that idea on your own, even if it is unoriginal' but as is, your meaning is unclear and leads you to look dead wrong (at least from where I'm standing).
themastersays
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by themastersays »

Well, this is silly. i guess this is just me being out of touch with this game for too long.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Bad Boy wrote:
Kiltric wrote:Kudos to innovation, even if it is unoriginal.
This statement makes no sense. Innovative and unoriginal are essentially opposites. You could have said 'kudos to coming up with that idea on your own, even if it is unoriginal' but as is, your meaning is unclear and leads you to look dead wrong (at least from where I'm standing).
If you've never seen a wheel before, and you invent one, even if everyone else already knows about them, is that not innovation? Perhaps innovation was not the right word to choose. I apologize for my cursory syntactical decision with respect to my selection of words in a hastily written reply of encouragement.

Also, doesn't digressing from the purpose of this thread to debate semantics seem a bit silly? :P
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Silly? Absolutely. Though to be fair it's probably not too big a problem since the forums are essentially dead.
That said, sorry if calling you out seemed harsh or unnecessary, that was not my intention (though truth be told I'm not entirely sure what my intention was, it was just one of those times when you feel like pointing it out I guess).
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Location: At my computer duh, were did you think I was? the moon?

Post by Rockboy3970 »

oh god I can belive I didnt think of this kind of weapon...um I need to go uhh..make non-exploding ships now bye!
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Bad Boy wrote:Silly? Absolutely. Though to be fair it's probably not too big a problem since the forums are essentially dead.
That said, sorry if calling you out seemed harsh or unnecessary, that was not my intention (though truth be told I'm not entirely sure what my intention was, it was just one of those times when you feel like pointing it out I guess).
Haha, no worries. I think we're all bored silly without BSF. With Sean gone, I'm not even sure why the mods still bother.