aesthetic ship at bottom of page one

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

aesthetic ship at bottom of page one

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Well, It's basically a pirate cruiser :? .
C&C please

Size: 90
Mass: 7340/8100
Energy: 1140/1200
Section HP: 1200
Speed: 1.93
Acceleration: 0.05
Turning: 0.72

Power Core
1x Standard

Propulsion
1x Standard
1x Acceleration Assist

Armament
2x Autocannon
1x Vulcan
1x High Energy Laser
2x CIWS Gun

Modules
1x Sensor Array

A very light ship made in large numbers by pirates or simply broken off from derelict space stations, the cruiser is a dangerously armed ship able to slice through tough armour with a high energy laser, so it can destroy the weaker ares with it's vulcan gun and autocannons. The lasers best use is to melt joints on ships to break huge sections of them.

Also a bio alien

Roaaaaar :lol: .
Last edited by kittenpillar100 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Re: My first junker Meta Ship

Post by Kiltric »

I admire the attempt at asymmetry. That said, these are rather ugly to look at. The Cruiser looks less like a ship and more like something that broke off of a space station.
As for the Alien... The bio parts clash with the shiny sections. The actual form, asymmetry, and blend of organic and conventional parts is decent.

In short, please try again, and don't have high hopes for cyborging with those sections.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Assymetry is almost always good to try on ships, but now try giving it some form.

As for the bio creature, parts of it kinda look like the one Anna(I think) tried awhile back. There are parts I distinctly dislike, such as the massive cannon on the left side which overwhelms the visual appeal of the creature itself. That said, parts like the glass over one eye and the attempt at a mechanical spine overlay are pretty nice. I really like the joints actually; you did a fine job of melding the bio and mechanical at those points.

I'd say go up slightly in size and complexity on the pirate cruiser, and down in size and slightly less complexity on the cyborg ship.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

I defintly thought that little ship needed more to it and uhhhh. Well I lost the file for the huge monster laser thing. Actually I made it another time before this and I lost that file as well. :lol:

EDIT

here's some other ships

Harpy and some exterminators.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

your most recent ships don't shop that much falir and could be improved, especialy by using multiple colours and more interesting section work.

i will provide some advice on making asymmetric ships though. asymmetry does not mean lopsided. the first thing many people do is build up one side massively, then leave the other side. both aesthetically and functionally, this is a big mistake. an asymmetrical ship needs to look balanced, with an almost equal amount of mass on each side of the centre line
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Vidboi, I actually have used a bit of interesting sectionwork. The hestia's wings point at the enemy and It has two Tachyon fire and hearth flamethrowers. The mining beam at the back of the ship is actally a section that pans back and forth with a beam fading in and out.

But without further ado here comes a slightly more space shippy ship.

Size: 110
Mass: 12000/12100
Energy: 1620/2400
Section HP: 2040
Speed: 2.8
Acceleration: 0.07
Turning: 1.01

Power Core
1x Ultra-Heavy

Propulsion
1x Light
1x Heavy
1x Agility Assist

Armament
2x Autocannon
1x Vulcan
1x Artillery
1x Missile Launcher
1x High Energy Laser
2x CIWS Gun

The junker frigate is a fairly common site on the battlefeild, it's equipped with a fair amount of armour and many weapons as well as several poweful thrusters making it faster than most ships. It's CIWS Guns are very effective at destroying incoming missiles and It can destroy enemies easily at a long to medium range. Unfortunately it's weapons aren't the most effectiva at close range so it can be easily mobbed by a group of small fighters or raiders.

EDIT: when shalt there be better weapons!
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

there shall be better weapons when you research them in game =P

and in terms of interesting section work, i'm talking about the way the sections themselves fit together. the primary aesthetics come first, then triggers and other details

and your most recent ship looks, to be honest, terrible. have you really looked at what sections you've used, how hey fit together, and what the ship looks like as a whole? also, the ship still looks unbalanced. you have a huge thruster on the right outrigger, a tiny one in the centre and no9ne on the right. if the thrusters fire the ship's going to go in a huge clockwise circle. the centreline of the ship should always be the weighted verage of the thrusters
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Okay, maybe I'll stop with bios and assymetry for the moment and make some non meta ships.
Cherk corps used to be a respectable and advanced seller of ships however when the dreaded meta2 came along, their weapons became weaker due to the fact that there weren't many energy weapons. This antique gunship carries two medium energy cannons as big as tanks and an advanced proston class particle beam able to slice through armour. in the ways of defence it sports two rapid anti-projectile shock beams and a phased sheild protecting the front of the ship. It's three thrusters provide a powerful boost letting the gunship go to high speeds incredibly quickly. The side mounted ion thrusters while giving a good forward boost, don't assist with the turning greatly meaning the gunship has a bad turnrate.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Re: aesthetic ship at bottom of page one

Post by Doogie12 »

Kittenpillar, you confuse me. You show us at the beginning that you have very little skill in the art that is shipbuilding. Then you build this. This is just flat out awesome. Perfect? No. But not far from it.
naysayers will be shot
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

It's good. Not near perfect, as Doogie seems to think, but good. It could use some work though, specifically near the front where the two little 'booms' (I know they're part of a section) completely kill the flow. If I were you I'd replace the glaring blue shield with something more subtle, but otherwise this is a solid ship.

EDIT

A 'boom' is a piece of material that has the basic form of an elongated cube, most comparable to a pole. In this case, I mean the jutting details on the forward sections.
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Thanks for the comments!
@ArcaneDude: what are booms? I know It's the most stupid question ever but I have no idea what they are. :oops:

EDIT: can you point them out on the ship please like a square showing it