My Ship/s

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Location: At my computer duh, were did you think I was? the moon?

My Ship/s

Post by Rockboy3970 »

Well im a noob(I figure :P ) I have made these ships not much all I want are some helpful coments on them

(Next up im puting my efort into a nice size battle platform maybe a couple dozen nukes or so)
Attachments
Well here it is! my second ship<br />with a little more power to it yes the design feals a little weird but I like it leaves lots of weapon platforms I call it Cruiser as i can't think of a good name for it it has rail guns and plasma guns meant to have a bit of battleship look to it
Well here it is! my second ship
with a little more power to it yes the design feals a little weird but I like it leaves lots of weapon platforms I call it Cruiser as i can't think of a good name for it it has rail guns and plasma guns meant to have a bit of battleship look to it
SMscreen00.png (4.87 KiB) Viewed 2823 times
Well this is my ship I call it the Stinger its basicly a small class ship with 2 high power graviton beams a few machine guns and a nano repair cube thingy (forgot name) and a nice plasma cannon
Well this is my ship I call it the Stinger its basicly a small class ship with 2 high power graviton beams a few machine guns and a nano repair cube thingy (forgot name) and a nice plasma cannon
SMscreen01.png (4.7 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Re: My Ship/s

Post by Da_Dooley »

Well the first ships shape is kinda wierd and it doesn't have a real flow to it but the second ship is a little beter and it's got a defenite shape

Try some of the newer sprites, though. Stock Ships are kinda dead at this point. Nonetheless, they aren't bad.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forums. Not much happening these days, unfortunately.
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rockboy3970 »

Thank you unfortunatly I lost those files after I posted as my computer chrashed and yeah I noticed your forums were a little dead
it breaks my heart to see games like these to get flushed down the inactive toilet time to get more advertisment to the people

wait till I compleate my next ship battle doom mini its small but I can't get the shape right but I want to show yyou a pick of it in battle
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rockboy3970 »

Bwahahaha look as I unvale my new fleet
Attachments
Ok here it is! the battle doom mini I havent added augis deflectors to it yet as I built it before I knew how to asign there targets as you notice since it is huge I added alot of nano matrix cubes so it can repair itself fast and any nearby ships best used on no augis deflector protected parts
Ok here it is! the battle doom mini I havent added augis deflectors to it yet as I built it before I knew how to asign there targets as you notice since it is huge I added alot of nano matrix cubes so it can repair itself fast and any nearby ships best used on no augis deflector protected parts
Ok this is a suport ship meant to come in under extreme fire and defend its self its flak guns on top can fire a huge blast off cause a nice bit of damage to what ever was in it mostly ment to smash though heavy defense and turn around as its weak but is easyly destroyed
Ok this is a suport ship meant to come in under extreme fire and defend its self its flak guns on top can fire a huge blast off cause a nice bit of damage to what ever was in it mostly ment to smash though heavy defense and turn around as its weak but is easyly destroyed
I call this one um Fire suport as it can unleash tons of rockets causeing lots of damage to unprotected items
I call this one um Fire suport as it can unleash tons of rockets causeing lots of damage to unprotected items
SMscreen05.png (4.54 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
Are you tired of pesky drones on your ships? well the stinger can unleash a voly of fire capible of shreading unprotected items to bits
Are you tired of pesky drones on your ships? well the stinger can unleash a voly of fire capible of shreading unprotected items to bits
SMscreen06.png (4.95 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
A new experimental chasis made by unknown aleins
A new experimental chasis made by unknown aleins
SMscreen02.png (4.6 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
A new ship I call the hunter bad defence slow fire power best used as a distraction
A new ship I call the hunter bad defence slow fire power best used as a distraction
SMscreen04.png (6.91 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
ok this was a beta just for fun made out of beta hexigon sprite I made
ok this was a beta just for fun made out of beta hexigon sprite I made
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Weapon spam and aegis spam = baaaaaaaad.
Your smaller ships are much better than the others. The alien ship is the best of the lot. The 2 big ships are just plain horrible.
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rockboy3970 »

well I wanted to crush things as the minidoom can cut though non-augis protectid items like butter

P.S whats a matter with trying to win with undefeatable fire power and defence :D
P.S.S wow guess goodthings come in small packages cause I made the alein ship out of 6 peices 7 if you count the core
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The matter is that most people in this forum go for aesthetics, balance or fun gameplay. Aegis and weapons spam provide none of that. My advice is, less weapons, no aegis unless very subtle and pay attention to how the ship looks. Use different colours, perhaps try SW sections, fool around with custom weapon sprites,...
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rockboy3970 »

here is a large ship Im working im not telling you the name what fun would that be now you must wach and waitnto see more

P.S yes I know it looks funky with the 2 bars at the edges sticking out but remember its suposed to look like its being built
Attachments
Dun Dun Duhhh
Dun Dun Duhhh
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Ew sectionspam. You do know you can use aegis deflector shields for defense and edit weapons to be insanely powerful?
naysayers will be shot
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Doogie12 wrote:Ew sectionspam. You do know you can use aegis deflector shields for defense and edit weapons to be insanely powerful?
Don't encourage him. :|
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

-Try shading light on top, dark on the outer edges.
-If you must build something large and only use the stock sections, try building larger shapes out of the smaller ones and shading accordingly so they look like one piece. Its almost always better to keep it simple with the stock sections though, good ships need be no more than a dozen sections. You would enjoy the shiny sections way more I think.
-Nothing wrong with powerful weapons or aegis, but keep in mind that its fairly easy to defeat it so your not really accomplishing anything. Better to make a sturdy ship that can take a hit because of how its built. Also if you do use aegis, best to set its color to near black so the ugly glow doesn't show up.
-Being that your smaller ships are better, I suggest mimicking or modifying the stock ship designs. That gives you something similar to play against right off the bat.
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rockboy3970 »

Wow im popular anyway back to the thing
----------------------------------------
Ok im bored today so im just going to explain
P.S (its a BETA! :D )

well the reason for all the forward augis deflectors is for heavy hiting as I tried it without them and the front was torn off to bits so
I put augis deflectors and made them look blue I think it looks good (hopefully im a bit color blind might be purple)
but the weapons are the problem I just can't find the right combo it just looks to jumbled any advice on that?

P.S should see this baby in a metor storm quite interesting :roll:

(ok ive stared at this long enuff deciding weather or not to post it so here it goes)
Attachments
hmm what to put oh I know!<br />BOOMSHACKALACA!
hmm what to put oh I know!
BOOMSHACKALACA!
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

I actually think you should stick with smaller ships for the time being. So far all your large ships have been shapeless blobs that don't look like ships.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I'm just going to give my two cents here. Rockboy, stop right there. Take a look around the forum and note the obvious difference between your ships and most of the others.
- First off, your ships do not have any kind of decent shape. They don't even look like ships, but, as calvin put it, like shapeless blobs.
- Second off, spamming the same large section over and over again to gain size isn't working. At all. It's ugly and won't you gain you any credit.
- Third, all red ships aren't so appealing. Certainly not if combined wit purple or white aegis.
- Fourth, spamming weapons like you're doing has it's downsides. It's ugly and will most certainly mess with the framerate in a battle. You can modify a single weapon to have the same firepower as twenty different ones.
- Fifth, most people try to simulate a sense of depth on their ships by using lighter shades of colour on parts that are supposed to be 'higher'. Right now your ships are dark red blobs with bright red outlines.
- Sixth, listen to what people say. Your smaller ships were better than the big chunks of turd you're churning out now. They weren't good, but they had room for improvement. Stick to small ships and try to improve yourself like that.
- Seventh, no one uses aegis anymore. You're free to do so, but I advise against it as it looks ugly. You want shields, try using some of the shield sections in the database.
- Eight, and this has been said before, take the time to type out your posts decently. People are having trouble understanding what you say due to lack of punctuation and proper grammar, and I don't think that's what you're trying to accomplish. At least I hope it isn't.
That's it for now. Work on these points and then we'll see.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

New Ship

Post by Rockboy3970 »

There were difrent shades on it...
Attachments
Beta...Looks like a ruber chicken
Beta...Looks like a ruber chicken
SMscreen010.png (3.42 KiB) Viewed 2586 times