From a drone, to a civilization (and other stuff)

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

From a drone, to a civilization (and other stuff)

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Right, so, I've been a little bored lately so decided to make a ship, this ship is the Hephastus construction frigate (may change the colours). But anyways, I might make a little story with this drone about him building an AI civilization to get back to his creators.

And guess what!? It'll have within it: pirates, aliens, data viruses and cyborg hedgehogs! Well, maybe not the hedgehogs.

Hercules industries presents: The Hephastus! four articulated arms, each tipped with a mining/construction beam. But while a construction bot it packs more firepower than a heavy corvette! It is designed to be adaptable for any task including mothership repair, battlefeild support and even armed reconnisance, That's right, it has a hanger for the brand new Iris recon bot!

But here's the best thing, this ship is controlled by an AI built to serve, so no worries about losses! Buy it now for only $15000!

Offence:
1 Cherk corps tesla cannon
2 Narana tech heavy duty machinegus

Defence:
Narana tech tungsten composite armour

Utility
3 Jemac energy soloutions ion thrusters
1 Jemac energy soloutions Defended power core
1 Cherk corps relay node communicator
1 Cherk corps concealed scanner relay
1 Hercules industries 'Iris' drone launcher
Last edited by kittenpillar100 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

Re: From a drone, to a civilization

Post by LongcatX »

me like. keep a-posting.
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Nifty, did you give the arms drivers so they move on their own?
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Yup, all the arms have two driver joints that mean you can have Different arms doing different things.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

Post by LongcatX »

i like the a-symmetry on this one.
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Re: From a drone, to a civilization (and other stuff)

Post by CheesyErwin »

Well, your ship is extremely similar to the one I built sometime ago:

Care to explain?
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I am only seeing small similarities there, but there are several parts that look too similar for it to be coincidence.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Sorry Cheesy for stealing your design, I should have given credit. But anyways, I got my ship and ripped every piece of armour off it until I only had internals, then I completely remade the shell, coloured, stickered and armed it to be...
Spoiler!
The Camembert Class Destroyer!
Mesdames et Messieurs, je vous présente le destroyer de classe camembert. Un bateau puissant, capable de coups de feu capable de Peirce même placage neptuniens! Il est également le premier navire, de la terre, au sport une arme de faisceau. Faites confiance à notre technologie à la coopération tech Paris.*
Spoiler!
*Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the camembert class destroyer. A powerful ship capable of firing shots able to peirce even neptunian plating! It is also the first ship, from earth, to sport a beam weapon. Trust our technology at Paris tech co.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

It's french? Shouldn't the flag be white?

Cheap shots aside, this looks decent. The sprite mounted center, just fore of the engines looks rather awkward though, as does the mounting of the beam. But the coloring is decent, and the overall look is interesting, though not especially impressive.

Keep at it.