Pyro's Ships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Re: New Member, Newships V2

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Wow, these are actually pretty decent. One thing though, you do know that you can use the ThrusterEX Module and select the thrust sprite instead of those glows right?
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Pyrophage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pyrophage »

Edit-I'll check the mans again. I seem to find all the answers there. And has anyone ever had a sprite not found error in the game, but been able to load the ship in SM? What does that mean?

Also, for those of you who didn't see the last post- new ships, y'all.
Last edited by Pyrophage on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

The glows on the back of the ship, are you using those as an exhaust sprite? If so, they are unnessary. In the modules section of the ShipMaker, you can scroll to get the ThrusterEX module. Once you placed it on the ship, select it, and set Alpha to 0. You can also change the sprite of the exhaust.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Pyrophage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pyrophage »

A-hah. Yeah, I was using them as section sprites. :roll:
Thanks for the tip.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Well, the first ship lacks shading, I can see that there are some differences between the colours of those blue sections. Thing is, they are so subtle that most people won't even notice, and so the whole ship comes out looking flat. And I don't know whether it's just the settings on my monitor, but those dark (olive?) sections don't really work with the blue.

As for the second ship, I personally don't like the green glows, but that's only based on my preferences, and it can be easily changed. If you like the colour scheme, keep it.
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Angeal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Angeal »

Nice Ships... the smaller ships loock kinda neat and slick and the Loki and ASP are rather nice
Roses are RED,
Violets are BLU,
In Soviet Russia,
Sandvich eats you.

Gamertag: SpectreX027
Pyrophage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pyrophage »

Yay! I'm back!
As always, C&C
Three different faction ships.

Thor (missile based ship with excellent pd addendum- Unleashes an unholly barrage of over two hundred mini-missiles that overpowers almost every defense systems except those of the vanguard fleet tender. Take special pains to de-fang this monster before it can obliterate your light ships.)

Arbiter (fairly easily overwhelmed pd and defenses but with good offensive potential add.- Beam based weaponry offers good counter to large ships such as the loki or thor, but it lacks the staying power to really shine against the later.)

Apollo (haven't finished it may scrap, but it would be a long- range juggernaut add.- SCRAPED! sorta.)

And yessss I should post it the nice way, but its been a while and I forgot how to do that. Oooh and laziness. That thing too.
So... what are you waiting for? Offer sacrafice to your diety that I'm back! Or just comment. I'm not picky.
Last edited by Pyrophage on Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyrophage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pyrophage »

deleted
Last edited by Pyrophage on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I actually like the first two, and the third one isn't necessarily "bad" it just doesn't appeal to me. (or I have no taste and they're all terrible)
Also F11 is preview mode.
naysayers will be shot
Serithi
Commander
Commander

Post by Serithi »

Not bad at all :).

Also, remember to turn off Parenting Lines (just press P) before taking the screenshot, otherwise they show up and it makes it kinda hard to appreciate the ship itself.
My voiceacting portfolio.
""Go solo into a hail of projectiles", they said. "You'll be fine", they said."
Pyrophage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pyrophage »

Phobos- light destroyer. If left to itself it engages from an unfortunately close range, as it has good agility and does well micromanaged in the mid range.

Vanguard- fleet support cruiser. Heavy pd emplacements make short work of all but the thor's torrential deluge of missiles and sheild projector can mop up the remainder. Individually weak and sluggish, a powerful asset to a small fleet.

So?

Ps- two more ships on the way
Last edited by Pyrophage on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pyrophage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pyrophage »

Images of the Aren' tul faction absolutely destroying an inferior force of Charons and Hephaestuses supported by two flanking Phobos. This battle actually was ab bit iffy but the Ai didn't make good use of the Charons initially and I could pick them off before their shot-gun seeking rockets could tear up my light carriers.

The green-blue faction is the Aren' tul (a fan race from an Rp I was in) the Golden-brown ships are norse or whatever (no official name as of yet) and the purple are a greek-styled race. The Aren' tul have powerful, if somewhat frail ships w/ shielding tech (deflectors and projectors) The norse faction generally has similar dmg, more pd, and better HP; though they can be a bit slower. The greek faction is the lightest and most prolific with a focus on light cruisers with fairly low damage but a great weight of numbers making it very easy for them to circle behind and shred the rear of an enemy.
Last edited by Pyrophage on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pyrophage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pyrophage »

Okay yeah x3 post and all, but really? no comments?
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Location: At my computer duh, were did you think I was? the moon?

Post by Rockboy3970 »

wow they all look amazing but in yoru posts please remove the parenting lines that makes the pics seam bad since they blur details
but othe then that they all look good and be paitent posts will come just wait
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I like what I see, except for those glowy boxes of course. Simply disable the glow in the in-game menu to get rid of them
naysayers will be shot