Shadowbane's ships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

shadowbane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Shadowbane's ships

Post by shadowbane »

So, I've been lurking for quite a while now. I don't know if anyone remembers, but I used to make custom sections. I've never been great at making ships, but the awesome new sections and all the awesome new ships inspired me to open up shipmaker and put something together.
Please give comments and suggestions. I'd like to know how I can improve my shipbuilding skills :)
grumpy
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Re: Shadowbane's ships

Post by Corporal Jomn »

That's really good, can't wait to see more in the sam style. The only thing that irks me is near the front, the light green sections look like they should be above the dark grey sections, and that there's a big hole going down the center of the ship.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

That does actually look pretty cool, a little bit of refining needed maybe, e.g. I personally would add a section to the nose prongs since the outer sides of them seem a bit empty, but otherwise a nice little ship.
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
shadowbane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by shadowbane »

Well I deleted that first ship that I made on accident, so I won't be working on that anymore, but here's another little ship I put together. Tell me what you think. Is it better? Worse? All suggestions are welcome. :)
I think I will be making a fleet with a similar style, and I have named this ship the KEC-Razor
grumpy
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

It looks pretty damn awesome from what I can tell. There's not many nits I can pick about it. Good job.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The only criticism I can offer is that the green doesn't look too good, otherwise this is solid.

Personally, I'd angle those front two pieces out just a tiny bit more, but that's more a taste issue than quality.
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

Hmm shame you lost the first one, I really loved the back on that. But this one is pretty good too, but as much as I love green, the amount on this is a bit too much the first one was better on the colour front. Also this one does have a big line in the middle cutting it in half almost all the way to the back that I didn't noticed on first looks, maybe put something between/on top of those two grey pieces.
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
shadowbane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by shadowbane »

Thanks for all the advice guys. Here's a new ship, the KEC-Tiger. It seems like the shade of green I picked isn't too popular, so I'll probably wrap up this fleet pretty quick and move on. I'm not sure what to think about this ship. I think it was okay when I first started out making it but I fell like it got pretty messy as it got bigger.
grumpy
shadowbane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by shadowbane »

No replies? Well, here's a new ship. It's another smaller one, and I tried to combine the wing shape of the first ship I made with the armor plating of the rest of the fleet. Tell me what you think.
grumpy
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I quite like these. They're pretty well put together, with a nice flow between the sections, for the most part. My biggest grievance is the green. There's just a bit too much of it. If it was a less saturated shade of green it might be better. You might also want to try using the DST-swnc sprites to add details and greebles between the large, smooth green sections, or on top of them. Just a suggestion. :) Anyway, keep doing what you're doing, practicing, and you'll improve. You're already pretty solid.

Edit: With those engine glows, if you put a smaller, white glow over the top of them, with additive blending, it'll look much for engine-glowy.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Great job here, the lime green is quite pleasing despite it's high saturation. Liking the new ship, although the wings are depth oddly, and not liking how their edges "poke" at the core of the ship.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
shadowbane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by shadowbane »

New ship! I toned down the eyeburn green and got some new engine glows (thanks Anna). What do you guys think?

edit: here's another ship I made. My additive blending stopped working so I had to use fake aegis for the side engine glows...
The KEC-leopard. I think it is alright, but I'm not great at making big ships so it definitely could be better.
grumpy
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

the first new ship is great! although there is an ugly line down the middle at the front it's the only bad thing i can say about it. nice sectionwork all round

the second ship is rather meh, it lacks a consistent style and the flow is lost. to improve it i'd say remove the wing engines at the back and remodel the front a little to give it better definition, but ultimately it's up to you.

finally, i'd like to see what the first ship would look like if you replaced it's wing engines with those of the second, personally i believe it would look pretty good ^^
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...