New Fleet:Fossil Ships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Red-Bom-Omb
Ensign
Ensign

New Fleet:Fossil Ships

Post by Red-Bom-Omb »

Well im starting a new theme:Fossils!

Well heres the first ship:
Fossil Spider:
http://picasaweb.google.com/11415533332 ... 6927351234
Those round rock Turrets are gatling guns.

Fossil Fish:
http://picasaweb.google.com/11415533332 ... 2123961362
I tried a fish,but to me,there isnt alot of peices to work with.

More to come too!

And please send me some constructive critisim!
Last edited by Red-Bom-Omb on Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why do I always forget things!
Snopel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: New Fleet:Fossil Ships

Post by Snopel »

It looks really good and i like the gatling guns.The only thing that should change is quad blaster sprite.
Omicron
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Omicron »

Shit brown and puke green? Really?

OK. I know I will be raped again for 'Failing to be an art critic' and make a post with heaps of 'utter bullshit' and that I should hibernate and not return to the forums but hell.

First. You've stretched sections. It would seem that the two gills beside the main gun were downsized but they are infact more closely related to the normal size than the rest. The rest are stretched evenly and make it look blurry. I would accept downsizing if it was a fighter or a bomber but this clearly isn't. But alas due to the limited size and amount of stone sections large ships are hard to make.

Secondly. The main cannon looks HIDEOUS! It's stock and it is oversized. Need I say more?

On to the third point. The flow. THE FLOW! I can see your whole spider thing going on but.... The first thigh joint on the leg is straight and uninteresting. Not to mention that it's slightly thin compared to the larger shin part. Also the claws are rather... Mechanical? They're not curvy and natural like a fossil instead they are Z shaped and look out of place. And what about those gills that I referred to earlier! They look like they've been slapped on as an afterthought.

Lastly. The colours. Seriously. Let's coat our ships in poop brown and then give it some mossy puke green highlights!

Remember. Fossils AND FISH. It makes it look better as a whole
Red-Bom-Omb
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Red-Bom-Omb »

I was trying to go with fish but,I don't know what happened.
:(
Why do I always forget things!
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

If those are supposed to be arms, where are the shoulders/joints? Unless you're making a stick-figure, sections should connect together somehow. If you're planning to use HM_Stone extensively, i'd recommend you have a look at HM's ship thread to see a few examples.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.