Hi... again.... anybody? D:

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Zardian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi... again.... anybody? D:

Post by Zardian »

I guess im back sorta, ive fiddled a bit with the shiny sections, combining them to a mecha framework and some good old horsemonster engines.
this is the result then.

Barguda
armed with 2 Heavy Proton Cannons
(which really are just modified railguns)

The Barguda is a heavy frigate, mainly intended as a front line tanking ship, featuring extremely heavy front-side armor plating.
While capable of sustaining even very heavy amounts of direct fire, the Bargudas engines and framework are extremely weak, leaving it vulnurable to flanking or armor piercing weaponry.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Barguda.rar

overall im relatively happy with this ship, its not a graceful one but the sectionwork seems better than with the old zaran fed navy in my opinion.
now, comment, please, please and once more please.
im going to start on a real fleet with this style anyways.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Hi... again.... anybody? D:

Post by Anna »

As much as people might think otherwise, I don't really enjoy being a bastard, but this might come off a bit bastardly.

A quote from Kaelis's thread, regarding his Shiny Sections:
Anna wrote:Public Service Announcement: Kaelis's new Shiny Sections work quite well with the SW-ized DST sections, and with HorseMonster's sections.

They do not work well with any other variety of SWA section.

At all.

And if I see anymore of it I am liable to bust faces, so help me.
So yeah, you made a mistake that I said I'd bust faces for. But you didn't do too badly. I knew from the moment I looked about it that something was off, but it took me a few seconds to realise you'd mixed old style SWA sections with Shiny sections.

Still, it's ugly, and you really shouldn't do it. Grab the DST-swnc sections. Those go well with Shiny sections. So do HorseMonster's sections. But for the love of Zeus, do not try meshing old SWA sections with Shiny ones. Old SWA sections are flat with almost no shading and detail, Shiny sections have plenty of shading and varying amounts of detail. They do not mix.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Zardian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zardian »

i don't mind harsh comments, thanks for commenting, thats what i wanted.
anyway, the problem is, i can't seem to get any decent framework with the shiny sections and horsemonsters don't seem enough :/
where can i find those sections btw? >.<
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Here: http://www.box.net/shared/rzl8hyclcu

Also, dude, there are almost 400 different Shiny sections! That's plenty of variety for a decent framework. You just need to experiment and practice. Lots of both. XD
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Zardian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zardian »

i fight back tm!
Barguda mk2 now with shiny sidebits.
inner framework remains mecha because there is no substitue and i dare you to argue.
atleast look at it before going mecha+shiny=badbadbadwrongscrapit :3
http://filesmelt.com/dl/Barguda1.rar
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

It looks great. I'd add some color to it IMO.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████