Games Workshop Battlefleet Gothic Fleet

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

WalrusChex
Ensign
Ensign

Games Workshop Battlefleet Gothic Fleet

Post by WalrusChex »

I've searched the forums and not found any realistic Battlefleet Gothic ships, so I decided to make a few of my. A few meaning the entire array of ships. I know they won't be up to par at all to some people's standards, but I just thought I'd show them anyway. They're supposed to be small, and they follow the armaments blueprints for Games Workshop's BFG ships almost exactly. To avoid cluttering a thread with a thousand pictures, I'll just give the link to my blog, on which I will be constantly posting new BFG ships.

Hope I've not broken any sacred rules here, lol.
Last edited by WalrusChex on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax-- Of cabbages--and kings-- And why the sea is boiling hot-- And whether pigs have wings."
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Re: Games Workshop Battlefleet Gothic Fleet

Post by vidboi »

the battlefleet gothic oned are pretty nasty to be honest. lots of repetition and very boring. the grey ones were bad enough, the chaos ones phyically hurt my eyes =/

the signa class battleship actually looks pretty nice though. although there is some repetition and the turrets look slapped on it's still decent, you look at that and see what you've done that you haven't done on other ships (eg. fitting sections together, subtle colouring..)

also you should really post pictures here, nobody's going to mind if you post loads
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
WalrusChex
Ensign
Ensign

Post by WalrusChex »

Yeah, they aren't exactly meant for aesthetic appeal. They're blocky and.. .well, brick-like. The color scheme on the chaos ships really was a little... off. a darker red looks slightly better. The BSF ships are all top-down views, and it's hard to incorporate the exact detial of the spires and the curved spikes. They're more rp sort of custom ships, i guess, not so much aesthetically appealing as much as technically accurate for people who enjoy the tabletop game.
Attachments
The GW Retribution Mini
The GW Retribution Mini
My BSF Retribution Battleship
My BSF Retribution Battleship
"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax-- Of cabbages--and kings-- And why the sea is boiling hot-- And whether pigs have wings."
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

Yeah, they aren't exactly meant for aesthetic appeal
*facepalm* yeah, don't ever use that excuse. seriously, this forum is meant to be for imporving your shipbuilding skills and showing off what you've made. it's entirely about aesthetics, so stuff that "isn't made to look good" isn't worth posting.

now, that ship isn't at all accurate. i haven't played warhammer in years, but i'm sure you could do much better. firstly don't spam one section repetitively, then use more appropriate sections, then arm it more realitically, then colour it better, understand?
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Angeal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Angeal »

Vidboi... you really should praise practicality over aesthetics because a ship that looks nice but is terrible in combat is a hideous depravity of a ship and not worth posting... however a ship that is more practical then beautiful is worth posting... however I do agree on your statement that this ship is not very accurate, that the sections are overused, that it is inappropriately armed and it should have different sections.
Roses are RED,
Violets are BLU,
In Soviet Russia,
Sandvich eats you.

Gamertag: SpectreX027
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Angeal, shut up. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.