AAE Navy

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Atomic Avocado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: AAE Navy

Post by Atomic Avocado »

I am utterly disappointed in yall. No CC. :(
Update!
Eagle Class Cruiser
2x Planter Cannons
2x Thorn Vulcans
2x (2x8)MLEBTS
4x Seeder Autocannons
6x Hunted PD Autocannons
I can't use my own advice.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Ya can't expect same day feedback these days. I really like it, I think you've followed the various advice quite well. Not so much a fan of that nose piece but thats mostly because I think it should have a cover copy made so it can be glowing inside. I'd call that solid and continue on in that style.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Seems pretty solid. No major criticisms to level against it at this point in time. Looks like a tough little ship with a fairly decent design, over all.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Atomic Avocado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Atomic Avocado »

Eh
Im thinking bout entering this guy in the Pageant, but I don't know a good file hoster. Any suggestions? (preferbly free and no email junk spam crap)
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

Its actually quite a nice ship a bit of doodading and some glows would be sexual, and mediafire is my personal favourite for file hosting :)

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I actually really dig the back half, before the winglets, particularly the centre of the nose (of the back half). All in all not an original shape, but great section usage and nice shading (although this might be due to the sections). The front half is okay, although the winglets don't really look good, but the back half is where it's at.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

I like your blue ships a lot, great use of shiny sections to create depth. Now just add a small amount of another colour (like doodads or small sections) to spice it up. Emphasis on small, and the secondary colour should complement blue.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Atomic Avocado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Atomic Avocado »

Any place round these parts to get a nice set of doodads? :lol:
Anna

Post by Anna »

Atomic Avocado wrote:Eh
Im thinking bout entering this guy in the Pageant, but I don't know a good file hoster. Any suggestions? (preferbly free and no email junk spam crap)
Zip your ships in the way I've specified numerous times in the thread and upload it using the forum's file uploading.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Atomic Avocado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Atomic Avocado »

Ah! Sorry! Don't slit my throat like you did to kevin! It was never proven though but I still think you did it
Ed. Can I just place the folder of sprites that I used? So I don't have to go back through and find every sprite I used.
Anna

Post by Anna »

I'd much rather you didn't include your whole custom sprites folder. There's a button in Shipmaker called "extract sprites". It puts all the sprites you used on the ship (except doodads, which you'll have to grab manually) into a folder that you get to name. Use that.
Quality Control Enforcer
Atomic Avocado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Atomic Avocado »

Oh ok. And one last thing. Is it illegal to use the MIRV beta?
Orelius
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Orelius »

Not at all. You just have to specify that you're using it.
Spoiler!
Atomic Avocado wrote:Think about section spam like this.
Congrats! Youve been promoted to head designer for a car company! Now for your first design are you going to cover the car in tires? In axles? In bumpers? NO! Your going design something that uses the right parts for the right places.
Orelius's Hopefully Decent Ships!