Apals royal fleet

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

apals
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Apals royal fleet

Post by apals »

Now that i am feeling really encouraged, i would like to reveal a little secret. I figured out that since we are in space and the crew in my main battleships will be eating or fighting. I have even added a plumbing structure i.e. a L shaped pipe at its rear. and added two C shaped green columns at it's end to show sleeping quarters.

However i feel a bit silly now, that it is loaded with so many systems, it looks like i made it without a plan. Plus the mirroring idea was not there and therefore half of my time was used just to align systems in a row or column.

As far as design is concerned, i find comfort in Alfred, Lord Tennyson poem The flower in the following lines,

And some are pretty enough,
And some are poor indeed;
And now again the people
Call it but a weed.

So however the designs are made, there are always different opinions as to one finds it pretty or one finds it boring.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

The problem here is that the consensus is that these are all sucky. : :roll:
Also, if you really want to do the ship internals, see the ships at http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4692 first.
And look in the custom content section.
apals
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by apals »

ok fellow designers, i made a few mistakes and i have made the following design which i will pursue only if there are any marks for it (over the previous design). Pls, suggest next move.

I have not added any colors, armor or weapons.
apals_Design1.jpg
Aurafire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Aurafire »

I say scrap it. Try building from the center outwards or front to back, and keep a consistent outline all around the ship. Also, I'm not sure what those floating sections are doing way out yonder, and the parenting lines are messed up in the back sections.

Try for something a bit more small and basic. Go for consistency in shape, and then color it later.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Only way I can see making something like this work(and I'm not saying this will) is to make what you've already drawn the 'outer armor', then add internals connecting those areas, basically following where the parenting lines are now. Take a look at the ship Anna just did for a good example. That said, the shape this would create is like a four legged creature or something which experience has shown us is generally not a great idea...