Stubborn

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Stubborn

Post by LactoseTolerant »

I'll give it until the weekend, then it's going into the Scrapheap :? .

Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Stubborn

Post by jwa8402 »

Hmm, honestly feels like it might look better turned around, and then maybe with a split nose though thats getting cliche on design. I like the three protrusions on each side leading back to the middle.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

On the scrap heap it belongs, imo. No shading at all. Maybe you're one of these people who shades after the fact (which is a horrible idea imo), or maybe you just don't ever bother with shading (this is the impression I've gotten from previous ships you made). Over-abuse of large sections with no use of smaller sections for detail etc. There are SOME nice bits on this, but they're few. Don't get me wrong, there are far worse ships out there, but you should be, and I know you are if you try, capable of doing better.

Also using SWA sprites with Shiny sections makes me want to stab you. :)
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Angeal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Angeal »

Ship would look better turned around and with shading for depth.
Roses are RED,
Violets are BLU,
In Soviet Russia,
Sandvich eats you.

Gamertag: SpectreX027
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Yeah, I should've been more clear in the OP that this was still a WIP... hence why i'm giving it until the weekend to finish. Been working waaay too long on this one.
Anna wrote:On the scrap heap it belongs, imo. No shading at all. Maybe you're one of these people who shades after the fact (which is a horrible idea imo),
Yeah, I shade after I finish building the ship, then apply weapons/sprites etc. Horrible? How so :| .
Anna wrote: or maybe you just don't ever bother with shading (this is the impression I've gotten from previous ships you made).
The shading is still there, but i've considerably toned down the contrast in shading level (roughly 25 lum) because many people complained that the outer edges were too dark. What do you use?
Anna wrote: Over-abuse of large sections with no use of smaller sections for detail etc. There are SOME nice bits on this, but they're few. Don't get me wrong, there are far worse ships out there, but you should be, and I know you are if you try, capable of doing better.

Also using SWA sprites with Shiny sections makes me want to stab you. :)
I've been avoiding the smaller Shining sections to avoid cluttering up so far, but i've planned out 1-2 more external layers of sprites. Along with adding more to the back.
And use of SWA isn't that bad :P .
jwa8402 wrote:Hmm, honestly feels like it might look better turned around, and then maybe with a split nose though thats getting cliche on design. I like the three protrusions on each side leading back to the middle.
Elaborate on the split nose design?

Life happens.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Have an extension from the each 182 section. Perhaps one of the 70s pieces.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Done.

Life happens.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

nice, very very nice =D

the only things i spy that could be improved are the flat stock sw sections on the top that stick out like a sore thumb and the weapon, which look a little odd. perhaps depthing the particle guns under the purple circles would look pretty cool, and i'm not sure about the techguns, they just don't look quite right as turrets. you could try making custom turrets with them, perhaps dual ones if you flipped the sprite

other than that it's a realy great ship. interesting shape and structure, nice detailing and good use of glows
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

Yup, apart from the sections already pointed out that is one lovely ship. Good job man!
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
Altahir
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Altahir »

completely changed!
i really like that violet-gray colouring, very well done depht and well placed weapons.
im Loving that great effect on the side engines, oh... its a carrier? im seeing a docking bay :D it needs a little more glow coming from inside of the ship.
GW!