A Collection of Encounters

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

A Collection of Encounters

Post by Bad Boy »

So after posting in Reviving the Community thread I realised I might as well just release these.
A bunch of previously unreleased encounters (using mostly unreleased ships) through the ages.
I'm a lazy fuck (I almost gave up halfway through posting this) so I'm not gonna do a sprite dump for each ship, instead, I'm just putting up my custom sprites folders.

You need some sort of rar opener to get these, although really, if you don't have one, you should probably feel quite ashamed of yourself. Extract the folders directly to your BSF folder, not in Custom Ships, or Custom sprites, or SM Frames, or anything else, directly to your BSF folder.

These are posted in chronological order (of when I made them, the universes are in no way related ):
Set 1: Galaxy at War - 1.5 missions, need better encounter maker for the second one to work as I'd like ie. patrol routes and shit. Note: Made for DC mode, if you don't know what you're doing read the numerous friggin text documents.
Galaxy at War.rar
Galaxy At War Encounter
(115.94 KiB) Downloaded 606 times
Pics:
Mission 1
A seemingly unfair fight...
A seemingly unfair fight...
Becomes even worse when a Verian Carrier shows up.
Becomes even worse when a Verian Carrier shows up.
Mission 2
A large blockade waits for one ship.
A large blockade waits for one ship.
David vs. Goliath
David vs. Goliath
Breaking the blockade.
Breaking the blockade.

Set 2: Neo Galaxy at War - 1 test mission, I may actually make a real mission or two. Ships posted in one of my threads, no real missions, but there is a test one that lags like a bitch. I still love playing with these ships cause of the huge damage:life ratio, makes shit fun IMO.
Neo-Galaxy At War.rar
Neo-Galaxy At War
(397.89 KiB) Downloaded 663 times
Set 3: DST vs. Aleon Regimental Navy - 2 missions, 3rd one will be done when I finish my fin fannel carrier, so probably never. Read the readme text document.
DST vs Aleon.rar
DST vs. Aleon
(97.99 KiB) Downloaded 586 times
Here's my custom sprites folder, ignore some of the random trash in there, most of it's not mine, although there are a few beam sprites from way back when that I made and never released (cause they didn't work well).
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=87QBJGU3 MU link didn't work - no idea why. And of course it's too big for attachment. Use the mediafire link.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2pbfxmj4jt8oqki

Have fun, feel free to drop in any C&C you want, but laziness aside, I don't have very much free time (I just spent most of it typing this shit up), so while I may actually fix things, it'll take a while.

Note, I'll update with the rest of the pics sometime, I really am busy at the moment.
Last edited by Bad Boy on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Re: A Collection of Encounters

Post by vidboi »

the sprite download is unavailable. i tried to test the encounters out, but i got spammed with non existant thruster error messages whenever i tried moving =/
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Thanks vidboi, both for letting me know and for trying to test em out. I have no idea why the link didn't work, it's working for me now, but when I clicked before it didn't. An alternate mediafire link is up, it seems good.

And yeah, the thruster sprite errors are to be expected, it's a sprite of ADs that I flipped to get an expanding movement glow.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Bump for some pics added and because I would like a few opinions on these.
Thank you to those who downloaded them, hope you enjoyed playing.
I'll get the rest of the pics up as soon as possible.