Retsof's Ships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Orelius
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Retsof's Ships

Post by Orelius »

It just seems too... bland. The shape isn't bad per se, but some color, at the least, monochrome, should be thrown in.

The back of the ship just doesn't seem right. I think that the ship would look better if the back was larger.
Spoiler!
Atomic Avocado wrote:Think about section spam like this.
Congrats! Youve been promoted to head designer for a car company! Now for your first design are you going to cover the car in tires? In axles? In bumpers? NO! Your going design something that uses the right parts for the right places.
Orelius's Hopefully Decent Ships!
Retsof
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Retsof »

Orelius wrote:It just seems too... bland. The shape isn't bad per se, but some color, at the least, monochrome, should be thrown in.

The back of the ship just doesn't seem right. I think that the ship would look better if the back was larger.
Yeah, I haven't gotten around to color yet. As for the back, do you mean longer or wider?
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

if you make those front two sections darker i think they will blend nicely, i hope you have a fancy main gun planned for this platform and maybe some team colours would really set this off :)

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Retsof
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Retsof »

Bleh, color is not my strong point. Went for orangeish because I like orange. Having a lot of trouble actually varrying the colors.
Attachments
SMscreen011.png
SMscreen011.png (2.26 KiB) Viewed 1465 times
Orelius
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Orelius »

Sorry for not being clear. I meant that I thought that it would look better if it were wider at the base.

As for the color: Don't afraid to use monochrome in addition to your color! If your color isn't too saturated, it should work.
Spoiler!
Atomic Avocado wrote:Think about section spam like this.
Congrats! Youve been promoted to head designer for a car company! Now for your first design are you going to cover the car in tires? In axles? In bumpers? NO! Your going design something that uses the right parts for the right places.
Orelius's Hopefully Decent Ships!
Retsof
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Retsof »

Tried for some variation. By the way, how many of these attachments can I post before I run out of server space?
Attachments
SMscreen013.png
SMscreen013.png (3.65 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

that's actually looking pretty nice colour wise. i'd make the white sections at the back a bit darker, and possibly colour the sections with the forwards machine guns on them grey to make a coherent grey stripe along each side. just try stuff out to see what works best.

your server space is technically unlimited, although you can't upload files over a certain size (i believe) just uploading small shipmaker screenshots doesn't take up much space anyway
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Admiral Patches
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Admiral Patches »

Nice colour scheme on the new armament, but somehow the blurred m-guns on the white engine parts look outta place... but in any case wise choices :)
Shipyard: Admiralty Shipyards
***Current Project***
BF-01 Paracelsus (Beam Fortress)
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Retsof wrote:By the way, how many of these attachments can I post before I run out of server space?
Max filesize is 5 megabytes, and max attachments per post is 10. Th15 has set aside around four gigs total for attachments of all kinds. There's no limit per user. Just use common sense.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Retsof
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Retsof »

Thanks everyone. I'll try those color suggestions and see what happens. I was a bit unsatisfied with the Mgun placement, but they were kind of just slapped on there. They are blurred because they are at a slight angle to allow for both sides to fire at a forward target while still having a 180 firing arc.
Retsof
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Retsof »

Sorry I took so long, been playing a lot of Minecraft. Thoughts?
EDIT: Started on the new Seth. Uncolored and unweped, but what do you think of the body work?
Attachments
SMscreen015.png
SMscreen015.png (2.27 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
SMscreen014.png
SMscreen014.png (3.47 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
Retsof
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Retsof »

bump. because I doubt anyone would notice the previous edit.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

that ship is...its EPIC! It has this perfect flow and sectionwork to it. The dark areas that look like internals with the lighter sections also positioned perfectly. It's simply a work of art.
naysayers will be shot
Retsof
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Retsof »

Wow. I wasn't expecting a reply like that! Thanks. Now I'll need to redo the Merc to the same level of praiseworthieness.
Retsof
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Retsof »

New attempt at the Mercury. Thoughts?
Attachments
SMscreen017.png
SMscreen017.png (2.77 KiB) Viewed 1214 times