Terran United Nations

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

.Xrate.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Terran United Nations

Post by .Xrate. »

This Fleet is going to be big as i have to make ships for more than 3 Civilizations!
However is going to be fun...
Please read the Back Story as it is the first story that i've made for a game and because it is the Back story! :)

Back Story:

In 2038 the Terran six main Superpowers, USA, Brazil, Germany, Russia, France and China, seeing the effects of the Global Warming Effect, making the Water rise, flooding entire cities like: Los Angeles, Rio de Janeiro, London, New York, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, São Paulo and many others.

Then the UN have decided to research Warp Drives to be able to get out of the Sol System. In 2100, the flooding have gotten almost all the coastal cities of the world and still rising, the 4 last Superpowers, seeing no more hope on Earth have obligated all citizens with experience in Pyshics,
Astrology, Chemistry, and other Space Related Sciences, to help in the research of Warp Drive and give Humanity a last chance.

In 2112 the research of Warp Drive where getting no results, and then, only 120 cities where left on the face of the planet. Africa has flooded, North America have gotten half of it Flooded, South America have almost been Flooded, lasting only 46 cities on that continent, Europe, most Russia parts have been flooded. Only 3 States with 9 cities in each, are still intact.

In the late 2127, the remaining countries desperate, have spent all their resources on building the most bigger Space Staion possible to house all the remaining 1,894,658,936 Human on the face of Earth.

2160... The Apocalypse has arrived. Earth has been completely flooded. All the cities on Earth have been destroyed. However the Station Codenamed "Sol II" has been completed in 2154 and now are fully operational.

In 2456 finally the research of Warp Drive is completed and it is named again to Fusion Drive as it makes a Green Glow when activated. Finally after 693 years of suffering, the Human Race where now able to reach the Milky Way Galaxie's vast resources and systems and propagate life to other systems.

However another wave of terror is going to break in 2458 when the first Outer-System ship, of the Grogoa class being made and designed by Brazil's best enginners, has been completed. In 2458 an unknown enemy appears. Just a Corvette of strange shape and size procedding to the station's Docking Bay, making all Human Security forces in alert near the Docking Bay.

When all the citizens of Sol II, where seeing that strange ship docking, they all got frightened. Then this Corvette have openned it big doors, and 6 strange Aliens in Human size have gotten out of their ship, their ambassador, with a strange thing in his hands resembling a radio. Then he started to talk:

"Hello Humans before all we would like to introduce ourselves. We are the mighty Kilaton Empire and this in my hands are a Universal Translator, it is used to Translate our words to something you will understand. We have bad and good news, the Good ones is that we are peaceful and do not intend to kill or enslave your people, also we are glad to see a Space Faring species, this is very rare to see. The Bad ones is that another Space faring species want to Enslave an Kill your people. But there is a last good news, the last one is that we want to ally ourselves with you and help destroy this worthless empire......

......Times...of War are uppon us..."

Ships and Weapons

Lilita BC-Class Space Superiority Fighter

Name: Lilita
HP: 80
Speed: 3.25
Turning: 1
AI Range: 200
Accel: 0.20
Description: The Lilita is quite weak, but its high mobility can evade even the most fast of flak guns.
Armament:

2x Vulcan Cannon

Drives:

1x Fusion Drive

Thrusters:

BC (Brazilian Commonwealth) Ships:

Grogoa BC-Class Main Assault Gunship

Name: Grogoa
HP: 180
Speed:3
Turning:1
Accel: 0.15
AI Range: 200
Size: 53.81
Description: The Grogoa is the main Gunship of the Brazilian Federation.It is equiped with 4 Blasters however it is quite weak.
Armament:

2x Fusion Blaster
2x Bolt Repeater

Drives:

1x Fusion Drive

Thrusters:

Maranha BC-Class Assault Corvette

Name: Maranha
HP: 240
Speed: 2.75
Turning: 0.85
AI Range: 300
Accel: 0.10
Size: 99;30
Description: The Maranha Corvette is the standard Blaster ship of the BC. Its Fusion Blasters can get a hull breach fairly easy in Pirate ships.
Armament:

6x Fusion Blaster
5x Bolt Repeater
1x Medium Beamer

Drive:

2x Fusion Drive

Thrusters:

BC (Brazilian Commonwealth) Weapons:

Bolt Repeater: (Repeater) "Red Pulse"

Turning: 5
Deviation: 2
Range: 800
Damage: 8
Arc Range: 60
Fire Rate: 12
Clipsize: 20
Reload: 60

Fusion Blaster (Blaster) "Blue Bolt"

Turning: 1
Deviation: 2
Range: 1000
Damage: 17
Arc Range: 180
Fire Rate: 18
Clipsize: 15
Reload: 35

Medium Beamer (Beamer)

Turning: 0.75
Deviation: 0.20
Range: 850
Damage: 10
Arc Range: 180
Fire Rate: 0
Clipsize: 1
Reload: 250
Beam Duration: 45

The TTC is more of a practice than a full fleet, however i'll keep posting my designs for the TTC for everyone to view, if someone cares.
TUN Ships.rar
TUN Ships ready for use!
(27.97 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Re: Terran United Nations

Post by Silver Swordsman »

I think I know what you are trying to achieve in terms of the dark blue/purple coloring (team colors), but bluntly put, it doesn't work well. Not only does it horrendously clash with the other areas, it makes it look downright ugly. Furthermore, shading is entirely absent--there is no perception of depth. Fix these before continuing, or else the other warring races will die laughing.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
.Xrate.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by .Xrate. »

If you think that they are ratter all that ugly why don't you give me some help by saying some colors that may be good for it?

I know that the dark blue/Purple sections aren't the best but my inspiration is on the bottom, and I don't know much about depthing, and more than nothing about shading can you give some help with that?

Also if you don't know i'm just a beginner i've started in the last week so you can't expect much from my designs.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

.Xrate. wrote:If you think that they are ratter all that ugly why don't you give me some help by saying some colors that may be good for it?

I know that the dark blue/Purple sections aren't the best but my inspiration is on the bottom, and I don't know much about depthing, and more than nothing about shading can you give some help with that?

Also if you don't know i'm just a beginner i've started in the last week so you can't expect much from my designs.
Then you should start learning the ways of building a visually-appeal ship... It isn't that hard, look closely to designs of experienced builders (say like Anna) Compare your designs with theirs, find out what is lacking. With many trials, your shipbuilding would improve.

"I am a noob so my ships are bad lulz" is not an excuse, but if you think so, you should lurk more then.
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
.Xrate.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by .Xrate. »

I think that i'm better at making stock ships, look this one, it is called Hotrod, it resembles me some of Water_and_Wind (Sorry if they look too abusive. If so just say and i'll change the designs.) ships of the Thrusallanian Naval Database.

I'm thinking of making a ship to the Beauty Pageant (Made entirely by me.)

Also tell me if i screwed up by putting SW Weapons in Stock sections (It was just a experiment.)

Link to Water_and_Wind ships: viewtopic.php?t=2791&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
What can i state here?.......

Go to the TTC (Transcendency Trading Corporation) homepage
Or to the Terran United Nation Homepage

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5442&p=113556#p113556
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5448
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Don't mix SWA-sprites with stock sections. In your case, revert some of your turrets back to their original sprites.
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

While the overall construction of most of these ships is alright (there's a serious lack of depth and parts often don't fit together well) the coloring is what is really glaringly off. The switch to purple is so heavy handed that it almost seems like you like you forgot to color them and team colors did it automatically. Before anything else I'd say to work on your coloring.
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr40/Noctis888/SMframe0001-5.gif