New Hestia(ta-daaaaa)

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

New Hestia(ta-daaaaa)

Post by LongcatX »

ok so, i decided to remake the hestia from the campaign . what do you think? DISCLAIMER : this was not mean to be ubertasticly awesome and more of a simple remake of a ship (END DISCLAIMER) so, good remake ? ill give you a cookie if you say its the best ship ever :wink:
Attachments
yay!
yay!
New Hestia.png (6.49 KiB) Viewed 2298 times
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Re: New Hestia(ta-daaaaa)

Post by Kiltric »

This isn't great. I can applaud the attempt to remake stock ships, because after several new incarnations of the game they could certainly use an update. However this is a rather poor attempt.

I suggest you keep the whole thing stock green, or eliminate the over saturated colors entirely.

There are symmetry errors. The sections are a jumbled mess. Also, the weapons and modules seem to have almost no sense of good placement.

Honestly, all you have succeeded in doing is making something worse than the original.

If you want to improve upon other people's work first, I recommend that you become decent at building your own ships first.
LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

Post by LongcatX »

Kiltric wrote:This isn't great. I can applaud the attempt to remake stock ships, because after several new incarnations of the game they could certainly use an update. However this is a rather poor attempt.

I suggest you keep the whole thing stock green, or eliminate the over saturated colors entirely.

There are symmetry errors. The sections are a jumbled mess. Also, the weapons and modules seem to have almost no sense of good placement.

Honestly, all you have succeeded in doing is making something worse than the original.

If you want to improve upon other people's work first, I recommend that you become decent at building your own ships first.
um, first of all the weapon placements are similer just different weapons. autocan replaces blaster , machinegun replaces pulse.
-yes i tried to do this without sprites so its not as smooth
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

LongcatX wrote:ill give you a cookie if you say its the best ship ever :wink:
I don't think anybody here is in the habit of lying for fake cookies. :P

Anyway, the ship itself isn't too bad for a simple stock ship I guess, though I would depth those side arms a bit differently.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.