BSF Ship Remakes

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

STARSTRUCK

BSF Ship Remakes

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Seeing as remakes of the stock BSF ships have experienced a sudden surge in popularity among the *cough* creative crowd, I felt the need to step in and dish out some quality merch. I'm going to start with the Hestia, as is only stylish. And then I'll gradually work up the order of appearance...

Hestia-class Assault Destroyer
Hestia Alpha
The original Hestia-class Assault Destroyer enjoyed significant popularity around the time of its commission by Terran Fleet Headquarters. At the time, its powerful new reactor was second to none in its power to weight ratio, allowing the heavily armored ship to charge through enemy fire with alarming quickness. The unique Booster module allowed it to rapidly recharge two of its laser blasters whenever the need arose. Eventually, however, it was succeeded by a newer, more sophisticated vessel known as the Hestia Beta.

HP: 450
Speed: 1.80-9
Turning: 0.60
Equipment:
4x Laser Blaster
2x Flak Cannon
1x Power Booster

Hestia Beta
An unqualified mention of a "Hestia" generally refers to this class of ship. The prompt replacement of armor with Deflector technology allowed engineers to significantly lighten the frame of the Beta vessels, affording the ship a degree of maneuverability that is almost unmatched amongst its size class. While it is understandably frail once its Deflectors are completely drained, a set of rather dubious combat trials claim its superior general survivability in comparison to the Alpha variant. Thus, the Hestia Alpha is being gradually phased out as Betas enter the fray.

HP: 300
Speed: 2.40-10
Turning: 0.90
Equipment:
2x Laser Blaster
1x Rapid Laser Blaster
2x Pulse Cannon
2x Deflector Module
1x Flak Cannon

Hestia Gamma
This unusual and rather single-minded variant of the Hestia sees usage amongst the Terran Navy's crack special forces units and rarely anywhere else. It was developed in response to a need for what is basically a mobile Blaster platform. The Hestia Gamma fulfills this role well, laying down a barrage of Blaster fire that would shame a Battleship. However, lacking deflectors or heavy armor, the Gamma is arguably the most fragile variant of the Hestia destroyer.

HP: 300
Speed: 2.40-7
Turning: 0.90
Equipment:
6x Laser Blaster
2x Flak Cannon

All three variants engaging a small group of Pirate Bourgeois.
Last edited by STARSTRUCK on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.Xrate.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: BSF Ship Remakes

Post by .Xrate. »

Hey, good ships, but the original ships don't have all these additional weapons, but what do i know!?

Also the ships are well crafted and the sections well choosen, Good work!
What can i state here?.......

Go to the TTC (Transcendency Trading Corporation) homepage
Or to the Terran United Nation Homepage

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5442&p=113556#p113556
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5448
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

actually the weapons are exactly the same as the originals. these are good retro work overall; they have a good modern look and deisng but still strongly resemble the originals. can't wait to see some of the less remade ships
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

vidboi wrote:actually the weapons are exactly the same as the originals.
Save for the fact the Hestia series use Particle Guns for point defense rather than Flak Cannons, but yeah, these are all accurate otherwise. The Gamma was never "officially released" in game terms, though you can see it on the main menu in the MIRV builds, and some more recent non-MIRV builds have it available in the sandbox as a spawnable ship.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Very nice, they fit together well, Im glad people are attempting these remakes again, especially when they do them well.
Lets see the rest now ;)
TheBuilder
Commander
Commander

Post by TheBuilder »

Excellent work, one nitpick though. The gamma variant is supposed to have missile launchers right?
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

My goal is to build the most epic thing possible, PERIOD.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

TheBuilder wrote:Excellent work, one nitpick though. The gamma variant is supposed to have missile launchers right?
No, that's a boo-boo. Probably on Arcalane's part? I dunno. But according to him, the Gamma Variant is meant to have wingfuls of blasters, not minimissiles
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
TheBuilder
Commander
Commander

Post by TheBuilder »

That's odd, cause I went and checked what you could spawn in a custom game, and the gamma had missiles there. Oh well, as long as they're acurate.

They said, "Life."
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

TheBuilder wrote:That's odd, cause I went and checked what you could spawn in a custom game, and the gamma had missiles there. Oh well, as long as they're acurate.
READ TEXT BEFORE YOU POST, HIGHLIGHTED WHAT MATTERS:
No, that's a boo-boo. Probably on Arcalane's part? I dunno. But according to him, the Gamma Variant is meant to have wingfuls of blasters, not minimissiles
Read: It's a fuckup, it should have a wingfull of blasters, not minimissles.

Anyways, love to see what you make of the other ships, SS, so far, their awesome, as usual.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Actually it's not a fuckup per se. Back when we started adding modified ships to the main menu to demo the new weapons, the Gamma was one of the first to be changed, since the layout worked rather nicely with racks of minimissiles. Then I re-used it for the missiles and HVRs for easier testing (since I could observe behaviour and the main menu ships will make errors same as normal ships) of the new missile trail effects.

Long story short; th15' original version had blasters, I swapped them to missiles/minimissiles. That's it. It doesn't matter because the Gamma doesn't appear anywhere in the campaign.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
TheBuilder
Commander
Commander

Post by TheBuilder »

Now that that's out of the way, it seems I found something else. Look closely at the Gamma's engine cone, is it me, or is there a slight mirroring error there?

They said, "Life."
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

That's just an error with the centre line on the sprite itself, not Starstruck's fault.
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
TheBuilder
Commander
Commander

Post by TheBuilder »

K, sorry for being nitpicky though, I have the eyes of a hawk, or however the saying goes. lolz

Hmm, I wonder which ships will be next?

They said, "Life."
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i see what you're referring to there. it's not a mirroring error, but the thruster is slightly down from the centerline, which tends to be a problem with horsemonster's sprites. only a tiny nitpick though

edit: outninja'd... twice
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Aww, I miss the gamma :) I was originally intended to be a real fragile gunship, but it was just overpowered so it never made it in officially. I think there's like one version where its in the normal ship selection menu. I left it in the sandbox spawning menu though then arcalane fiddled with it. The original hestias did have one flak cannon, mainly because there were no particle guns back then. Particle guns were introduced to give every ship some kind of baseline PD so that players would always be encouraged to keep their ships together for mutual PD support. Particle guns work best when there's low volume of fire, flak works best when theres high volume of fire since its so inaccurate it can miss single shots.

So it joined the ranks of ships that got yanked, alongside the nix fighters and some other silly thing I did that I don't remember now.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]