TTC (Transcendency Trading Corporation) New ships! WIP

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

.Xrate.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

TTC (Transcendency Trading Corporation) New ships! WIP

Post by .Xrate. »

The TTC (Transcendency Trading Corporation) announces a new set of ships. (actually it is only one Corvette)

Tell me if you can't see the image 'cause i'm new to this kind of thing

TTC-Class Corvette Venture RETIRED

Design Name:Venture
HP:160
Speed: 2.85
Acceleration: 0.08
Turning: 1.00
AI Range: 200
Size: 73.25
Description:The Venture is the first ship in the TTC. It haves 2x Light Mass Drivers in the front and 2x Anti Fighter Flakguns.
Armament:

2x Light Mass Driver (autocannon)
2x 20mm Anti-Fighter Gun (flakgun)

This is the only one for now. I plan on doing more 6 or 7 ships of all classes, i just have some problems with small strike craft, but otherwise the rest maybe good.

Now these ships are for real:

TTC-Class Gunship/Gunboat Jilacantra

Name:Jilacantra
HP:100 (+50 each Armor Plating (Blue Sections) )
Speed:3.25
Acceleration:0.13
AI Range:180
Turning:1
Size:61.29
Description:The Jilacantra is the standard Gunship of the TTC. This Gunship is the smallest one of the TTC. However it is not as powerfull as the previous designs.
Armament:

2x 10mm Machinegun

Equipment:

2x Rocket Drive

Also, now all of my ships Blue sections are to be refered as Armor Plates (Improved Section HP) so that they can protect the core better.

TTC-Class Frigate Minimala

Name: Minimala
HP: 400
Speed: 2.10
Turning: 0.65
AI Range: 400
Accel: 0.05
Description: The Minimala Frigate is basically a Broadside Battery, it also have some new tecnology in it, like, the new Drives and the new Blaster. The best of this ship is its armored core that prevents it from being destroyed prematurely by enemy ships or fighters.
Armament:

4x 46mm Kinectic Cannon
6x Low Energy Blaster
4x 20mm Anti-Fighter Gun

Equipment:

2x Hot Fusion Drive

The new Hot Fusion Drive gives ships some new bonuses like improved Acceleration and speed it just don't alters the turning of the ship.

TTC-Class Corvette Preposita

Name: Preposita
HP: 180
Speed: 3
Turning: 1
AI Range: 200
Accel: 0.10
Description: The Preposita is a improved version of the Venture Corvette with improved sections and weapons
Armament:

2x 146mm Vulcan Cannon
2x Low Energy Blaster

Equipment:

1x Hot Fusion Drive

TTC-Class Destroyer Olpresta

Name: Olpresta
HP: 600
Speed: 2
Turning: 0.55
AI Range: 500
Accel: 0.02
Description: The Olpresta is the Standard issue Destroyer of the TTC. Its 4 Huge Kinectic Cannon can make a HUGE hole in Broadside Frigates and Destroyers
Armament:

4x Huge Kinectic Cannon
16x Light Machinegun Turret
4x Medium Energy Blaster
2x Medium Kinectic Cannon

Equipment:

4x Antimatter Drive

TTC-Class Space Superiority Fighter Lava

Name: Lava
HP: 80
Speed: 3
Turning: 1
AI Range: 100
Accel: 0.20
Description: The Lava is the standard Space Superiority Fighter of the TTC. it carries 2 60mm Vulcan cannons in the front
Armament

2x 60mm Vulcan Cannons

Inspiration have come by! Beatiful ships (Or not) here i come!

Look at the amount of detail of the Olpresta, like the Command Center or the tube conecting the engines at end of the ship...
Last edited by .Xrate. on Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: TTC (Transcendency Trading Corporation) New ships! WIP

Post by Anna »

Doesn't look too bad for a newbie, really. Lemme give you some Helpful PointersTM!

First things first, you can make those thrusters non-visible (they kinda stand out and look very out of place on those nice sections), by selecting them, switching to the "ED" tab, and setting the "Alpha" field to 0. Also, bright, highly saturated colours don't work too well on ships. You might want to change that blue to something a bit more faded, perhaps?

Finally, before taking screenshots, you really should do a few things. 1) Press 'P' to remove all those unpleasant parenting lines. 2) Press 'Home' to set it to the default zoom in Shipmaker. 3) If you make just a small .bmp file in your BSF folder and fill it with black, you can then click "Tools" in Shipmaker, then click "Change Background", and then select the .bmp to make the background in Shipmaker black, which looks much nicer for screenshots.

You might also want to fully cover the core in the future too, as it looks rather out of place against SWA sections.

I hope this advice was helpful, welcome to the forums. :)
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
.Xrate.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by .Xrate. »

I'll make a new Corvette right now. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: How can i put the weapons more deep than the sections? Like a weapon showing only its turrets, or only its base?

The new missile corvette is finished. I'll put it here at the end of the post. Also i've put more details to the ship, to make it look like a real ship, and not only a couple of spacejunk.

The first detail that i've put in the ship, was 2 Fuel tanks, but i would like if i could make a explosion when they get destroyed.

The second detail was putting Armor plates (The Blue Sections) so that they protect the core of the ship.

Anna, i've put the blue sections on dark blue instead of the old bright blue, do you think its going to be ok?

I'll put the image here:

This one is the Macnamacrka. SAMPLE

Name:Macnamacrka
HP:260
Speed:1.75
Turning:0.45
AI Range:300
Acceleration0.03
Size:115.12
Description:The Macnamacrka is the only Corvette to carry the Cold Fusion Huge Missile Launcher the most destructive weapon of the TTC. Its blue Sections represent modified alloys. (Improved Armor) However try not to expose this ship to heavy fire cause it is the least maneuverable ship in the TTC.
Armament:

1x Cold Fusion Missile Launcher
4x 20mm Anti-Fighter Gun

Equipment:

2x Rocket Drive

The image shows all of the weapons but the CFML aren't very visible. It is in the middle of the ship. Also, i'm still modifing the ship, to see how it looks with diferent weapons and sectors.

EDIT: I've put a download package with the sprites used in the ship its weapons and everything else, (shp and sb4 included so that you can play them!)
Attachments
Macnamacrka Sample.rar
The Macnamacrka
(13.99 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
Last edited by .Xrate. on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

Post by LongcatX »

yeah these are pretty good, (meh , im still stuck on playing without shiny) , anyways nice job ! good story with them too i guess... :D

(grade: B+)
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

To put a weapon under a section, you need to attach a weapon to one section, and press W. This sets the weapon depth to that of it's parent. Then put a section on top of that, and Voilà.
Your ship... it's not bad. Not bad at all. It could stand to be improved, but who am I to talk? :lol:
The section placement seems rational, and it looks like a corvette to me.
I like!
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
TheBuilder
Commander
Commander

Post by TheBuilder »

But remember, mirror the ship before depthing any weapons, or the game will give you errors.
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

My goal is to build the most epic thing possible, PERIOD.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Post by Icy »

On the color: the original color was fine you just had to tone down the saturation as seen here:
Spoiler!
before
before
after<br /><br />Notice the change in the &quot;sat&quot; category
after

Notice the change in the "sat" category
Now your new color that you picked is okay but it would still look better if you reduced the saturation.

On the exploding fuel tanks:
There is a module in the MIRV Beta that will explode when it is destroyed (I think it's called criticalobject, but it might be different). The MIRV Beta can be found in the annoucements part of the forum.

Another thing: (me being picky)
there is a mirroring error on the engines

Exellent job, just keep improving. ;)
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage
.Xrate.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by .Xrate. »

Thanks for the Constructive Criticism, also thanks Icy, i thought that i had to darken the colors, i'll get the other color on my future designs.
What can i state here?.......

Go to the TTC (Transcendency Trading Corporation) homepage
Or to the Terran United Nation Homepage

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5442&p=113556#p113556
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5448
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

The shape is nothing too particularly interesting. Sectionwork isn't a jumbled, heaped mess, so credits for that. As Icy said, desaturate the dark blue near the front. Try placing a single sprite near the core/centerline, and work your way around it, it helps with the overall organization and coherency. The engines need some more sprites, as it looks quite thin and easy to snap off.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.