The ship experiment

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Re: The ship experiment

Post by Chiiro »

LongcatX wrote:
Chiiro wrote:-snip-
or they got bored...and started using sprites, and it can't be perfected, nothings 100% perfect...and do you know how he did that? no.
Got bored? nonono, you don't understand. I'm talking about a time when we couldn't use custom sprites. A time when there were IIRC 22 sections TOTAL and you couldn't import any. In other words, a time when we pushed the shipmaker to its limits.
Also, I do know how Anna "did that". Alot of stock sections mashed together to give the appearance of a large surface and then outlined with a lighter color as a contour. Add to this Anna' personal sense of aesthetics, et voila.

In other words, you're reinventing the wheel in the middle of the autobahn.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Anna wrote:
Nothing stock can ever tip Anna'es Ascendant Justice. Period.
I don't think I've ever made a ship by that name...
That name sounds familiar to me, perhaps it's something I've made but I can't recall.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Lizzie wrote:That name sounds familiar to me, perhaps it's something I've made but I can't recall.
As far as I know, the origin of the name Ascendant Justice is a "Flagship" from the Halo novel First Strike. I don't know if someone made a ship of the same name later in BSF, I'm just suggesting a source of the familiarity for the name.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

A simple search for "ascendant justice" brings up a ship that's not made by Anna, and not anything special at all. Back on topic, the 3rd beauty pageant has plenty of ships with stock sections (since that's all there was at the time) and the majority of them are far more innovative, impressive and interesting than the OP ship.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Maybe you meant the Andromeda Ascendant?
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

AlphaDetisMegas wrote:Nothing stock can ever tip Anna'es Ascendant Justice. Period.
Neither do you longcat, and unless you try out for yourself you'll never find out.
Except that *I* made a ship named Ascendant Justice. It was the THV juggernaught. That aside, there are probably hundreds of examples already of how far we can take stock sections. Just look around some of the older pages of the forum.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

Anna wrote:
Nothing stock can ever tip Anna'es Ascendant Justice. Period.
I don't think I've ever made a ship by that name...
Does Andromeda ring a bell?
Heheheeh.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

ArcaneDude wrote:*I* made a ship named Ascendant Justice. It was the THV juggernaught.
Wasn't that Ascendant Fury?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4609&start=0

Seems to be.
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

Kiltric wrote:
ArcaneDude wrote:*I* made a ship named Ascendant Justice. It was the THV juggernaught.
Wasn't that Ascendant Fury?

Seems to be.
To finish this off, I meant the Andromeda Ascendant Anna made, and arca linked, go look it up if you have'nt yet.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

We could link to old threads with great ships all day, but I'm still waiting to see what this is about. If you want to build in stock sprites or show your improvement, fine. However, this hardly pushes the envelope of anything. Are you challenging us to show whats possible with stock sprites or are you promising to produce better yourself? Do you have anything newer or more elaborate using the old sprites? Also you said four groups, so are you going to use the original custom sprites or just the original 26 like in this first ship?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Kiltric wrote: Wasn't that Ascendant Fury?

Seems to be.
By golly you are right. I ask pardon for this mishap.

That said, "Ascendant Justice" is a ship from one of the Halo novels. That's where I heard the name.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush