Some Big Ships, need to be re-colored

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Ubiquitous
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Some Big Ships, need to be re-colored

Post by Ubiquitous »

I don't know how to get these sprites a more "firm" color, no transparent feels, or I just need new sprites?
a pair of orbiting lightening balls
a pair of orbiting lightening balls
a little stupid shape and structure
a little stupid shape and structure
no name
no name
a big factory.
a big factory.
LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

Re: Some Big Ships, need to be re-colored

Post by LongcatX »

on the green one, there is some tililing in the center. try to use some section variation there. otherwise these are great stock ships
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
Omicron
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Omicron »

1st Ship:
Pretty cool. A little on the circle-UFO side but that can be good. Floating Aegis protection balls are pretty ugly. The stretched missile launchers look pretty ugly.
Touch it up a little with a (Possibly) better shape and remove the balls.
2nd Ship:
Gem of the fleet. Fearsome little beast. Looks like it could do a fair bit of damage. Only problems is the yellow center-line that runs down the front middle, The little arm bits just behind the side-pods, hap-hazardly placed engines (Parts of the ship behind them. Because you love burning holes in the sides of your ship), the exposed core, stretched weapons, those annoying holes in the hull of the ship (Check the sidepods) and use of large, ugly and flat sections.
Remove and fix the noted problems and touch up the colors and shading.
3rd Ship:
Pretty nice. Second best one. The stretched weapons, exposed core, annoying empty centerline, holes in the ship and that same circle core thing.
Fix the mentioned problems and it could pass. It's still a rounded triangle though.
4th Ship:
Ew. :shock:
Heinous green color, use of large, flat and ugly sections and worse yet they're repeated in hideous fashion, Use of mechanical and square sections and then some curvy, alien sections, Core is placed at the front rather than near the middle, Ugly and unplanned shape and a general mess of untidy sectionwork.
Ditch this fucker. It's almost un-salvageable. Possibly the idea can be re-used but... Bleh.
Ubiquitous
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Ubiquitous »

thanx for the advices!
@Omicron: you mentioned the stretched weapons, actually i rescaled some of them to 0.5X and 0.5Y, which may look way finer, and the rest are left intact, so technically nothing is "stretched"... i have to say the original scale of the weapons are too large to fit in the sections... so what if i rescale ALL of them to a smaller size?

the 2nd one is not planned so well, i just wanna try those bigger sections and turns out they don't blend in so well. the engines are annoying, but i want the ship moves faster after it lost the side pod and other big parts. and those little arms are really stupid....really need rework most parts of this ship.

the 3rd one, i will continue to refine it...

and the last one is a totally random thought, first i want a big civil transport, so there goes the tiled boxes (as the civil ship in the game has 4 little boxes on its back, core is placed at the front), and then i changed my mind, so there are the side pods and ship deployers.... actually i intentionally put the core at the front to make it easier to destroy... so i will ditch this one.