Fifth BSF Beauty Pageant - RESULTS POSTED

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Fifth Official BSF Beauty Pageant - STARTS NOW

Post by Anna »

I said you could submit a new ship in two weeks, TNB.

... Has it been two weeks?

No, it hasn't. I'll let it slide though, because your ship makes me laugh.

PREACHER, ARCANE DUDE, FIX YOUR GODDAMN ENTRIES. PREACHER, YOURS REQUIRES A .ZIP OR .RAR CONTAINING SB4, SHP AND ALL CUSTOM SECTIONS. ARCANE DUDE, YOUR ENTRY REQUIRES A PICTURE OF THE SHIP YOURS IS A FANSHIP OF, GODDAMNIT.

EDIT: I said you could resubmit your ship in two weeks, thenoobiebuilder. It has not been two weeks. You submitted one anyway, and even then it was a poorly made, incredibly shit ship that is entirely unworthy of this goddamn competition. Did you think saying "OH LOL IT WASN'T MADE FOR APPEARANCES" in the description will for some reason get you a pass and earn you points? You thought wrong. And worst of all, once again, some sprites weren't packaged in the download and at least one of the missing sprites was pointing towards an invalid directory.

You are banned from this competition. Have a nice day.

EDIT 2: By the way, folks, there is still a judging position open, if anyone wants it.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

And now my stock ship entry.....
The REAL Anabrou. This is true stock.

Win.

...and Anna, I don't think you added Icy's limited stock entry on the second page.
Attachments
Anabrou BP5.zip
I used MIRV. You probably don't need it though.
(24.52 KiB) Downloaded 3849 times
naysayers will be shot
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

Hullo older people. After getting that lovely e-mail from Anna I thought I'd stop by. It's been years since I've built anything so I'm just here to observe. I'm liking what's there so far, though after a short stint in the EVE universe AD's Hurricane has peaked my interest. Thanks for picking one of the few ships from that universe that doesn't look like it was cobbled together from random shapes.

On a side note, this may not be the right place for me to put this post, but I wasn't sure where else to put it so feel free to move/delete it at your whim. Hope everyone's well and stuff.
Anna

Post by Anna »

It's great to see you back, Kazuael. :) If you want to give it a shot, there's still a judging position open, but I'll totally understand if you'd rather just observe. And yeah, posting it in this thread is fine.

*goes back to jabbing Preacher with a stick*
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

* After being prodded in the head by a large log*

aha yeah i just added all the stuff to make my entry legal, enjoy playing with it!

and yeah really sorry about the delay lost my laptop briefly :oops:

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Entry fixed. Sorry, I barely had the time to post it up before I had to hurry off to work.

EDIT; by the way, Anna, the link to my entry in the index post leads to the wrong page.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Anna

Post by Anna »

Added, and fixed.
Quality Control Enforcer
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

Ah, thanks for the offer but I do believe I'll just sit this one out. I'm moving to a new apartment and going back to school in a little bit so I don't think I'll be able to put in the time to provide quality judging and feedback. I'll be here in lurk mode watching stuff happen.
redleader102
Ensign
Ensign

Post by redleader102 »

I want to apply for the first category, but i don't know how to post pics and ships. Help? Oh, and i wouldn't mind being a judge.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3481

...also you might wanna practice some more before you go into a beauty pageant competing against STARSTRUCK. Anyways, nothings due until October.
Last edited by Doogie12 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
naysayers will be shot
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

so, after a weekend at my grandparents with no internet (=/) i have actually got pretty far with a limited stock entry. it's about half way done, but it already has over 500 sections and is starting to cause problems when trying to load it into BSF (although i'm sure running it off a memory stick doesn't help). would i be allowed to merge some of the sections in order to make it more playable?
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Anna

Post by Anna »

vidboi wrote:so, after a weekend at my grandparents with no internet (=/) i have actually got pretty far with a limited stock entry. it's about half way done, but it already has over 500 sections and is starting to cause problems when trying to load it into BSF (although i'm sure running it off a memory stick doesn't help). would i be allowed to merge some of the sections in order to make it more playable?
Er... that's tricky. Hm.

Well, if you're having trouble loading the ship into the game, I suppose merging sections is acceptable...
Quality Control Enforcer
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

okay then, i'll work on that after i finish the ship itself... 584 sections and counting (and i've barely started work on the bridge and stern of the ship) and no organisation of where everything's depthed so far... this is going to be fun :lol:
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

vidboi wrote:584 sections and countin
Jesus man, you trying to win by default cuz noone will be able to run your ships and will have to assume its awesome cuz its you? I fear this thing already, I think thats more than or at least approaching Gilgamesh's sprite count...
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

Well, without further delay here's my entry for the Beauty Pageant
LIMITED REALISM

Netharis - Heavy destroyer

Custom Sprites used:
Some gradient ball thing - spheretiny.png
Attachments
[Crim]Netharis.rar