Fifth BSF Beauty Pageant - RESULTS POSTED

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Re: Fifth Official BSF Beauty Pageant - STARTS NOW

Post by vidboi »

in the time i've been able to access a computer (which isn't as often as i'd like) i've been working on an entry for the limited stock section, and i can happily say that i've finally finished!..

...the main gun. now i just need to build the rest of the ship. to give you an idea of the kind of detail i'm trying to put into this i'll give you a screenshot of the trigger lines on said gun:
SMscreen05.png
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

batterypowereddragon wrote:I think I'll be entering a ship into the Limited Stock category. Anyone like fire colors?
EDIT:
Am I allowed to enter a limited stock original ship and a limited stock fleet, as long as the ship isn't in the fleet?
One entry in each category. That's the rule. Fleets and single ships do not count as separate categories. You can submit a single limited stock ship, or you can submit a limited stock fleet. Not both, because that would give you two entries in the category.

Read.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
keen320
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by keen320 »

I know this isn't ideal, but I'd like to post the fanship I made on the forums first to make sure it's a decent ship. Obviously I think so, but I'd like a less biased opinion to avoid embarrassing myself.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

keen320 wrote:I know this isn't ideal, but I'd like to post the fanship I made on the forums first to make sure it's a decent ship. Obviously I think so, but I'd like a less biased opinion to avoid embarrassing myself.
As a general rule, if your ship doesn't look at home here, then it could probably stand to be looked at and improved.

Also, if there is any doubt in your mind as to the quality of your ship, then you may want to look at it and try to improve it.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I think he is more referring to the BP's guidelines about not posting ships you've already made. For example, obviously I will not be submitting any of the trek ships and such that I made before the bp was announced, but is it appropriate to post a ship you are designing solely for the bp in order to improve it's quality? Or should that be done in IRC or other private channels? Or should it not benefit from anyone else's feedback since some would say the BP is supposed to be a test that represents the culmination of all our previous shipbuilding practice?
Might be obvious but I think thats what he was asking...
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

I know that's what he was asking. My suggestion was to work to improve it alone first. I don't know what Anna's intent is about getting feedback on submissions, so I was trying to give an idea in lack of an answer from him.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

Okay then heres my contribution to the BP Freeform category,

Iron Mountain: Susini Class (long range support beam vessel)
paragraph four of the article 'Iron Mountain' by journalist Alain Gianfretti

When the highly advanced fleet of the Ancients was released from its holding pen (nicknamed Iron Mountain) the devastation caused to the idiotic morons who opened it (the USS navy typical) was largely due to this ships incredibly irritating habit of firing well out of radar range at unsuspecting USS ships. The devastation caused by its beam weapons (nicknamed the unholy lances of terror) is far more than almost any USS ships armour can take. Fortunately for the rest of the star system the archaic computers in the Iron Mountain fleet are only set to destroy anything encroaching on their territory so the Susini class hasn't glassed any planets yet. Unfortunately the Iron Mountain territory is centred around the only jump gate in the system which has inhibited trade somewhat. So in the fashion of any government losing money, the USS declared war on an ancient defense network, yeah like I said morons, they even sent an official declaration of war, its a computer! Why would it read it? I hope they sent one in binary.

Anyway for all you technical readers out there heres an update of what this monsters specifications are:
(provided by the surving crewmen of the blockade runner Icarus)

x2 Unholy Lances of terror
x1 Interceptor Beam cannon
x2 Heavy Ion thrusters
x1 Unobtanium power core

Umm download stuff :oops: http://www.mediafire.com/?v44mgnuy1e9a73g http://www.mediafire.com/?13ir29qaahda9ai
sorry its all not in one folder.
Attachments
BEAUTY 2.sb4
Made using MIRV
(26.71 KiB) Downloaded 3162 times
Last edited by Preacher on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Okay, let me clear up some things:

keen320: Yes, it's okay for you to post ships on the forum to receive feedback and constructive criticism to try and improve it before posting it here.

Preacher: I've said this numerous times in the thread. Allow me to restate it here. I will not accept submissions that do not contain the .sb4, the .shp, and all the required custom sprites. For a submission to the Limited Realism category you only need to include sprites that aren't on the approved sprites list (so basically, doodads, bullets and glowy stuff), but a submission to the Freeform category requires all the Custom sprites used. Your entry will not be accepted until these things are fixed.

And for the record, whether or not your ship would fit in in the Holy Ships thread doesn't really count for much. Only the judges scoring counts for something.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Since you said to post if we plan to build...I have a free-form completed, a limited realism and fan ship both about 90% done, and a stock ship started but honestly may abandon it to finish the others. I otta be done in the next few days but depends on rl so I'll post all at once when they are ready. Thanks.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

OOh preacher thats nice! Now I'm actually scared of the competition ^_^
naysayers will be shot
Anna

Post by Anna »

Doogie12 wrote:OOh preacher thats nice! Now I'm actually scared of the competition ^_^
No reason to be scared yet. His entry his still invalid.
Quality Control Enforcer
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

yea your right...Its STARSTRUCK i'm scared to death of
naysayers will be shot
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

My entry into the fanship category.

Minmatar HURRICANE class Battlecruiser

A fearsome opponent, the Hurricane combines the versatility of procjectile weapons and missile launchers with enough speed and power to outrun and outlast most of it's opponents. Where ever this ship appears, it wreaks havoc and destruction among the enemies of the Minmatar tribes.
BP Hurricane.png
Spoiler!
This particular model of the Hurricane has been fitted with a 720 mm Howitzer II bank, and several 425 mm Medium Gallium I machine guns. This firepower is supported by two Heavy Missile Launchers and an Assault missile launcher for shorter range fire.
BP Hurricane.rar
(40.82 KiB) Downloaded 3460 times
--------

For those of you who don't know this ship, it's from EVE online.
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Anna

Post by Anna »

Other Rules: Fanships are ships based on ships from another medium, be it novels, television, film or videogames. The name of the ship, a picture of the ship, and the name of the source material must be included in submissions.
Quality Control Enforcer
thenoobiebuilder
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by thenoobiebuilder »

And now my chance to redeam myself for my stupidity!

*Freeform mode selected*

Name: Altari class

Planet of origin: Earth

Faction: United Earth Defence Force (UEDF)

Type: Missile Destroyer

Photo:
Altari
Altari
Bio:
The Altari class Missile Destroyer is probably the best DD to come out of the Great War.
It is the only known Destroyer with four CIWS units, only one was the standard at the time.
What made this ship truly remarkable is that CIWS system which was centuries ahead of its time.
In one of the major battles it is said that an Altari class DD was attacked by over fifty torpedo frigates that were on their way to the Dirling airbase.
It is said that out of over five hundred torpedoes not one hit the Altari.
Add this to the massive missile payload and heavy armor for its class the Altari was a fearsome ship to fight against.
Propulsion:3 magnetic drive systems rated at 500Mw each

Power:1 Antimater reactor rated at 3Tw

Weapon systems: 6x 6 rocket box launchers with 4 reloads each
1x 2 missile launcher firing TOW and heat seaking missiles with 40 reloads

Defence systems: 4x double barreled CIWS units with appox. 15,000 rounds each
2x 750Mw shield generators creating a shield equal to 10,000 hp
250 megatons of reactive and resistive armor

Crew: 150

Now I know some people are thinking "Why did he post such a ****ing horible looking ship to a beauty pageant?"
This ship was designed to fight,the engineers who planed it had beauty as least important
I checked the ship and all packs are included

It uses HM's realistic and weapon packs plus some others that i included

Hope you all like it
This thing's nerf stat is at 50 :roll: :cry:

Now I really have to hurry and I don't think I missed anything but if I did let me know by PM or post and I'll fix the download

TNB
Attachments
Altari class.zip
Altari class Missile Destroyer
(729.73 KiB) Downloaded 1968 times
I am a fan of the "Push F to fire everything" idea.

I really don't know why I'm thinking these thoughts,
but I do know they aren't mine...