Fifth BSF Beauty Pageant - RESULTS POSTED

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Fifth BSF Beauty Pageant - Submissions Close November 1s

Post by Anna »

I just extended the deadline, jwa. :lol: You have another month to work on your submissions, so don't worry about it. You want I should add those two to the roster, or are you going to keep working on them/try something else?
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
kelvin_creps
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kelvin_creps »

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by kelvin_creps on Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anna

Post by Anna »

kelvin

I swear to god.

I'm gonna kill you.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Sorry Seraph, I just thought that it was necessary since it was the day before judging. My fault, I know we all have lives.
Don't murder me
naysayers will be shot
kelvin_creps
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kelvin_creps »

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by kelvin_creps on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

kelvin, read the rules. You have to upload the actual ship files and not just a preview if you want to enter.

That said, I'm glad that you got everything else right.

@Anna I hope I'm not stepping on your toes. It just looked like if you had to reply to kelvin again, you were going to stab someone.
kelvin_creps
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kelvin_creps »

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by kelvin_creps on Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

hey arcalane, i thought we'd put away all those old ships in care homes years ago. what's grampa doing in a thread like this? :lol:

well, the deadline extension is rather helpful as it may give me some time to work on my entry (which, in all honesty, i had given up on a couple of weeks back). so here is a recentish shot of it in it's incomplete, stock, game crashing glory:
SMscreen09.png
i'm now planning on entering it instead in the freeform category with it remade in my new and improved vid-style mkII spriting!

oh, and kelvin you haven't really said anything wrong, you just need to include the ship files to make your entry good and proper. personally i found your joke earlier pretty funny x3
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

kelvin_creps wrote:is saying what I did wrong? :|
I hope English isn't your first language.

Anyways, You have to include the .shp and .sb4 files, a picture preview and any non-standard sprites you used in order for it to be counted as an official entry.

Anna: Calming breaths man. I'm still good to judge in November, barring unseen circumstances.
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr40/Noctis888/SMframe0001-5.gif
Angeal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Angeal »

This is my second posted ship so please provide some constructive critisism.
This ship was made in 2648 when Humans discovered a new form of metal which was far stronger than the conventional building materials used. This new metal allowed ship engineers and designers to build ships in an aesthetically pleasing design method, without the need for very thick hulls. I would like to submit this ship in the Free Form section.

About the weapons: The dual battery of missile launchers is supposed to fire a massive salvo of missiles but take about 500 frames to reload. The 4 glowing blade things are supposed to fire small beams, The small ball of blue energy is supposed to be a controlled ion rupture designed to fire a big beam of death and thats a brief description of the guns that might have confused some people or caused them to label this ship as stupidly overpowered... The other weapons are all pretty basic... Gatblasters, Sabot Cannons, shock beamers and plasma charges.
Attachments
Screenshots
Screenshots
Roses are RED,
Violets are BLU,
In Soviet Russia,
Sandvich eats you.

Gamertag: SpectreX027
Anna

Post by Anna »

Angeal, if you'd like constructive criticism, you might be better off starting your own thread on the Custom Ships board, as judging for the Beauty Pageant doesn't start until November, and there's plenty of time between now and then for you to improve your shipbuilding skills and your submission. As it stands, here's one piece of advice for you: for glow sections/doodads, you should set them to additive blending instead of normal blending. That will get rid of the black box around that glowy piece. Stacking a smaller white or grey one on top of it will also result in a nicer effect.
Quality Control Enforcer
Angeal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Angeal »

Ok thanks for the advice... I will remove the ship and make a nicer one.
Roses are RED,
Violets are BLU,
In Soviet Russia,
Sandvich eats you.

Gamertag: SpectreX027
kelvin_creps
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kelvin_creps »

don't know what you're talking because everything I did comes with the game
and I don't speak English :idea:
excuse me if I speak wrong, is that I love BSF
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

kelvin,

The issue isn't the sprites. Look at the other ships. You have to include the ship's files, and not just a picture.
kelvin_creps
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kelvin_creps »

puts, knew I forgot something
I'll leave a line ok???
because the ship files are on another computer, and I don't have access to it