Fifth BSF Beauty Pageant - RESULTS POSTED

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Fifth BSF Beauty Pageant - Judging Starts

Post by Anna »

Okay, so one of my judges is apparently so easily impressed he'll hand out 10s for everything, and the other feels like he can just go around slapping out 0s for everything when it's supposed to be a 1-10 scale. Wonderful.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Doesn't that kinda balance out then? :D
Anna

Post by Anna »

I suppose it does.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Orelius
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Orelius »

Ironic, isn't it? Hopefully the next few judges will continue the pattern.
Spoiler!
Atomic Avocado wrote:Think about section spam like this.
Congrats! Youve been promoted to head designer for a car company! Now for your first design are you going to cover the car in tires? In axles? In bumpers? NO! Your going design something that uses the right parts for the right places.
Orelius's Hopefully Decent Ships!
Anna

Post by Anna »

Waiting on guilee186 and Noctis... are they even going to show, I wonder?

Guys, judging needs to be complete by the 14th of November. This isn't an unreasonable request. This isn't difficult. I went through all my judging in a single day. It's easy if you just put your mind to it.
Quality Control Enforcer
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

I'm here, don't worry. I'm just busy, But I'll have it up by the 14th, probably a lot sooner.
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr40/Noctis888/SMframe0001-5.gif
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Limited Realism

Guardian Mechs - Doogie12
Aesthetics - 8/10
Originality - 6/10
CSU - 7/10
Functional Appearance - 8/10
Playability - 9/10
Grand Total: 38/50
Good looking mechs, not much squinting needed to infer that they were mechs. A bit dissapointed that the Killer and Defender models only differed visually in their weapon. Still, flying the mechs in DC mode was quite fun, reminded me of playing flash games like Stick Arena. The thrusters on the back are well done. The overall color is a bit bland though, makes them look rusty.

Yeoma-B Class Battlecruser - Icy
Aethsetics - 7/10
Originality - 6/10
CSU - 6/10
Functional Apperance - 7/10
Playability - 5/10
Grand Total: 31/50
Good concept all around, but finishing them off properly is where you had problems. Solid terran feel, thickness was even throughout the whole ship. The non-synchronized flashing lights look good, but seeing how you've spattered it all over the ship, it just looks like glitter. Thrust vectoring on the engine was a decent try, but how the engine nozzle turned and covered the main engine block didn't look good at all. The ship itself seemed to feel like a giant missile, with it's humongous engine, wings and winglets. Kinda like a Stinger. The main cannons were a bore, but the missile launchers created a rain-like trail.

Iris-Class Beam Cruiser - STARSTRUCK
Aesthetics - 10/10
Originality - 10/10
CSU - 10/10
Functional Appearance - 9/10
Playability - 9/10
Grand Total - 48/50
Amazing from start to finish. Great use of Shiny sprites here, some in ways I never could've of imagined. Looks very functional, loving the internal work underneath the larger flat sprites. Thrust vectoring is good, the ripstar firing is amazing. The only complaing I have is that the arms seem to "buckle" outwards between the second and third large square plates on the arms. Marvelous work.

JS-01 Jiangsu-class Support Cruiser - CheesyErwin
Aesthetics - 8/10
Originality - 8/10
CSU - 7/10
Playability - 7/10
Grand Total: 39/50
We will live in prosperity. Er.
If realistic had a definition, this would be it. Even without the description, I can point out the specific parts of the ship that have defined roles. The ship of the whole has a bulky feel to it, like a prototype. However, the front is contrastingly flat to the rest of the ship. Flying the ship in BSF was pretty fun, the nuclear missile shotgun was amusing to fire. The Jiangsu's PD refused to shoot down anything other then debris, however.

'Clear Sky' Vectoring Destroyer - Rugdumph
Aethsetics - 5/10
Originality - 7/10
CSU - 9/10
Functional Appearance - 6/10
Playability - 5/10
Grand Total - 32/50
Tons of great ideas and layout here, except that they're placed and arranged in the worst possible way. Really, you could've taken all these individual areas and be able to rearrange them into something far, far better. As of now, my head is boggling with how it would look like in 3-D. Arms come off at a strange, straight angle, and seem like they're attached by a door hinge. The engine... why is there a gap where the tubes/cables are? Why? Again, thrust vectoring gone wrong. The engine bends to a very unnatural angle compared to the body and arms.

Syracuse-class Beam Cruiser - Water_and_Wind
Aesthetics - 10/10
Originality -9/10
CSU - 10/10
Functional Appearance - 10/10
Playability - 10/10
Grand Total - 49/50
Another amazing entry. The ship is lovely in both of it's forms, and it they graphical change between the two is superbly done. The superlaser looks well ingrained within the structure of the ship, and the use of large Shiny sections is well done. The outer curved hull gives it a feel of refinement. In-game, the superlaser is pretty to watch, well done visual flare with the spinning beamer.

Maedhros Destroyer - ArcaneDude
Aesthetics - 7/10
Originality - 5/10
CSU - 7/10
Functional Appearance - 8/10
Playability - 6/10
Grand Total - 33/50
Good looking ship overall, but somewhat... boring. Well done, but boring. Good section choice, coloring, and internal work, but there's nothing definite that separates it from the rest of the ships.

Fireflower - Son Tzu
Aesthetics - 5/10
Originality - 8/10
CSU - 5/10
Functional Appearance - 5/10
Playability - 7/10
Grand Total - 31/50
Not superbly done, but one of the more original concepts i've seen so far. The Fireflower moves a bit fast for my tastes, but it's spinning missile launchers are fun to watch. There's alot more possibilities you could've explored here for more points, but it's design is still pretty good as it is. Sectionwork and coloring isn't the greatest.

Cumulonimbus - Ryen
Aesthetics - 7/10
Originality - 6/10
CSU - 7/10
Functional Appearance - 7/10
Playability - 6/10
Grand Total: 33/50
Another good all-around ship. The missile hatches are a nice addition, as well as giving it a slight submarine feel. Engines look nice. However, there is a considerable contrast between the rear and front areas. The asymmetry doesn't stand out enough to add much to the overall design.

Gaia - jwa8402
Aesthetics - 5/10
Originality - 7/10
CSU - 5/10
Functional Appearance - 4/10
Playability - 5/10
Grand Total - 26/50
It's the Frankenstein of ships. Why the back 2/3s is curvy and the front is a solid block is beyond me. The holes near the engine compartment and center are out of place, and make the ship look more fragile. As for it's purpose... I have absolutely no idea. The engine is big, flat and bland, the front is cluttered and rigid compared to the rest of the ship.

ICM Battleship - Raul
Aesthetics - 8/10
Originality - 6/10
CSU - 7/10
Playability - 7/10
Grand Total -37/50
And I never thought blocky would look good. The weapons and turrets meshes well into the ship, the center gap outline has good detailing. The outer gunwales are a bit thin, but still acceptable. Liking the gray color scheme, resembles a modern naval battleship. Otherwise, the gray and red may be a bit too dark.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Limited Stock Category:
RSP/K-9 Sakuri by STARSTRUCK
--- Aesthetics: 9/10
--- Originality: 6/10
--- Creative Section Usage: 10/10
--- Functional Appearance: 7/10
--- Playability: 8/10
Total: 40/50
Comments: One of the best usages of the original parts I've seen in a long time, even if the over all design is pretty standard. The only problem I really have with the looks is that it lacks a real differentiation between the front and back. Specifically, if viewed from a distance you can't really tell which end is which because they look pretty similar. I really like the way it looks almost contained by all the repeating plates down the sides though. The “functional appearance” part is a bit of a mixed bag for me. Directional thrusters and the guide/warning lights are great, but little flashing lights seem a bit needless considering the massive glowing core. I'm not a fan of massive glowing cores, especially ones like this which don't seem to be contained by anything and just sort of sit there. Also not a fan of how the giant lasers fire, looks like man-hole covers opening up and is very sudden without any lead in (they slam open but close slowly). Over all though it really is a great ship and shows a near total proficiency with the materials available.

The Anabrou by Doogie12
--- Aesthetics: 5/10
--- Originality: 4/10
--- Creative Section Usage: 3/10
--- Functional Appearance: 4/10
--- Playability: 5/10
Total: 21/50
Comments: This one just looks odd with all that heavy outlining and ironically, because you've outlined so much, it looks very flat. There are green sections too, which is a common mistake but really should be fixed before submitting. I like the very tip of the ship the most, the part between the two front “arms”, it has a nice shape and the outlining actually works in that bit. If I were to describe it I'd have t say “a tick crossed with the terminator that jets around sideways most of the time”. The two old style engines, which I assume were intended to be smoke(?) seem too tacked on right now, plus they're the wrong color if that is what you were going for. The attack effects are kinda neat but very spammy, consider messing with the parameters more to see what you can come up.

X-210 Loki Beam Destroyer by Icy
--- Aesthetics: 8/10
--- Functional Appearance: 6/10
--- Playability: 6/10
Total: 30/50
Comments: The overall design is pretty eh, but the usage of doodads for lights all flows together well enough to make a pleasing, Christmas-tree like ship. Firing animations are pretty nice, though a bit odd. To my knowledge firing a...lightning cannon doesn't create recoil; the bits that come out after firing are also kinda strange looking, it would have been nice to see some glow use on them (to simulate cooling, recharging, etc). There's nothing really stand out about this ship, but it is nice little ship with some interesting bits and a good attempt at firing animations none-the-less.

Bufo-Bufo by Son Tzu
--- Aesthetics: 2/10
--- Originality: 2/10
--- Creative Section Usage: 1/10
--- Functional Appearance: 2/10
--- Playability: 1/10
Total: 10/50
Comments: Oh Son tzu, what were you thinking? This ship badly and semi-randomly colored, it's parts don't flow well at all and it's just not very good at all. The inclusion of directional thrusters makes me think there was some attempt at realism, but the ship jets around, bouncing off walls like crazy. The weapon spam is overwhelming as well, very uncoordinated and messy. Son, I am disappoint.

Delta Executor by Arcalane
--- Aesthetics: 3/10
--- Originality: 1/10
--- Playability: 2/10
Total: 9/50
Comments: Judging by Anna's post there is some nostalgia attached to this ship. Thankfully, I have no such thing. This really is something I'd expect of a new player's ship circa something like two years ago. It's a flying hunk of weapon spam so thick it's hard to even assess the ship under it. The actual shape isn't terrible but it's boring and very lack luster. Apparently this is somewhat of a joke or old-timey reference though, so at least I don't have to wonder what the hell was going through arcalane's head.

ADY-001 Heavy Leading Cruiser by Deltaflyer
--- Originality: 5/10
--- Creative Section Usage: 5/10
Total: 27/50
Comments: Good use of the outline technique, I really like the nice curved lines down the body of the ship. I like the color scheme as well, though I see 3 green pieces. The enormous forward facing laser cannon is an idea that's been done to death though, and the over all shape isn't very original either (even I've done similar stuff). It's not a bad ship, it's just not terribly interesting.

Earth Coalition EC-HC99 Dawnspark-class Heavy Bombardment Cruiser by CheesyErwin
--- Originality: 4/10
--- Creative Section Usage: 7/10
Total: 31/50
Comments: A really nice, though really unoriginal ship. Like Starstruck's entry it takes a fairly common design and dials it up to the max. Unfortunately there's not much else to this ship other then looking really nice. No animations, handles like a glacier, weapons are all kinda meh (though I like the rapid firing, underslung, cannons) and over all it just doesn't leave much of an impression on you. If this was updated with some good animations and other improvements it would definitely give starstruck a run for his money, but as is it's just a very solid runner up.

Shield Runner by Destroyer #1
--- Aesthetics: 1/10
--- Originality: 2/10
--- Functional Appearance: 1/10
Total: 10/50
Comments: You make me sad destroyer, you really do. It looks like a big, weird catamaran with a shield out front and floating bits. The concept of an asymmetrical shield like that is kinda neat, but it needs a LOT of work.

(I'll have the rest of these up tomorrow or tuesday)
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Hey, Hey Seraph, since you were so nice about it, I went back and looked over my judging notes to make my assessments less liberal. Cheers.

Freeform

Iron Mountain: Susini Class: 36/50

Aesthetics: Fairly good here, I like that you made a less conventional shape work well. 8/10

Originality: Your design choices are interesting but not spectacularly ground-breaking. 7/10

Creative Section Usage: This is mostly good with the exception of the joints, where it gets rather jumbled. 7/10

Functional Appearance: This was good, big points for the weapon firing animation. 8/10

Playability: It was relatively alright, nothing spectacular though. I found it a little annoying to play actually. 6/10

Vereor Messor - Cruiser: 24/50

Aesthetics: It's a dark brick with no shading or structural interest to speak of. The actual section placement is good, but that's it's only redeeming quality. Oh, and when I opened it in the game, it was all stock green. 1/10

Originality: There isn't a whole lot of design to comment on here, but what is present is decent. 5/10

Creative Section Usage: Nothing was used exceptionally badly, nor was anything used in an exceptionally interesting way. 5/10

Functional Appearance: Points for the engines/maneuvering thrusters. The missile launchers as well. Aside from that, it's still very brick-ish. 6/10

Playability: It plays alright, though the missile arcs don't correspond well to it's range. 7/10

Qui'zenon IV: 16/50

Aesthetics: This is a clusterfuck of section types, colors, and all around ugliness. All I can give it is that is has an interesting shape, if you can ignore that the sections used completely clash with it. 2/10

Originality: Not really a whole lot to go on here. 4/10

Creative Section Usage: No comment. 1/10

Functional Appearance: Points for the engine setup. Otherwise though, the fins just seems silly, and the weapons all look haphazardly stuck on. 2/10

Playability: Nothing was significantly wrong. The weapons and all played relatively well and logically. 7/10

Sweet Coronet SR2: 45/50 Image

Aesthetics: The armored look, the coloring, the shape, all the little details. I love it. 9/10

Originality: So much here was done so well. 9/10

Creative Section Usage: In where you attached the arms to the core, and in the core itself, hell, on those little halos, it's all kinda what creativity is all about. 9/10

Functional Appearance: The "core ring", the way the legs move, the engines, and hell, even the way you got the weapons to work. All big points here. 9/10

Playability: It plays quite well. Everything functioned reasonably and with an exceptional amount of fun involved as well. 9/10

Capellan Titan: 37/50 Image

Aesthetics: While this is relatively good in the general structure of the body, and the glowy bits are relatively well done, the faux aegis looks terribly unrefined here, and some custom sprites would have served you much better. 7/10

Originality: Points definitely go into the design. 8/10

Creative Section Usage: Decent but not earth-shattering. 6/10

Functional Appearance: Given the vague but plausible background of the crystal technology, then everything here generally makes sense. The way the limbs move and the tesla weapons fire was great. 9/10

Playability: It played alright, certainly fun, I was really hoping for something in the way of a visual component to the crystal engines though. 7/10

Warship: 16/50 Image

Aesthetics: Stock green is ugly, there's no shading, and the weapons look ridiculous. The shape is interesting, but that gets lost amidst the many flaws. 2/10

Originality: I don't even.... 1/10

Creative Section Usage: There is barely anything of note here. 2/10

Functional Appearance: Some due credit here since the engines actually work, the ship makes decent sense anatomically, and it doesn't crash the game. 5/10

Playability: Nothing exceptional, but nothing particularly bad either. 6/10
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Limited Realism Category:
Guardian Mechs by Doogie12
--- Functional Appearance: 6/10
Total: 29/50
Comments: The first thing I noticed about these things is how they zip all over the damn place and then turn like an old lady. It's so disproportionate that it's really quite jarring. I'd have liked to see some nice all over thrusters like the ship in fraxy. As they are though, they certainly look like mechs, and pretty nice little ones. Not terribly original or creative in construction, but very well made none the less.

Yeomas Class Battleship by Icy
--- Aesthetics: 7/10
Comments: I really like the front and the way that all the weapons are so seemlessly integrated with the design (missile pods in particular). I hate those bloody, vestigial, pointless wings though and the engine area seems oversized, like it was taken from a smaller craft and just enlarged. Functionally it's very odd, has all those lights and the attempted thrust vectoring but completely lacks other directional thrusters, which would have gone a long way toward making this look much better in action.

Iris-class Beamcruiser by STARSTRUCK
--- Aesthetics: 10/10
--- Functional Appearance: 9/10
--- Playability: 10/10
Total: 44/50
Comments: Some hard decisions here. In pure artistic looks and section usage this is perfect, the only thing I can even nitpick is the chain guns which look a little bit strange and their bullet sprites start too early, but that doesn't even come close to detracting from the awesome that is this thing. As per originality it's pretty meh, I've seen this design a dozen times before, though this really is a great iteration of it. As per functionality I really would have liked to see some directional thrusters , but everything else is great. The arms are particularly beautiful, both in the subtle flexing and in the perfectly made joints. Not a terrible fan of glowing balls and cores and other such silliness, but this thing is so goddamn awesome it works.

JS-01 Jiangsu-class Long Range Support Cruiser by CheesyErwin
--- Originality: 7/10
Total: 37/50
Comments:I really like this thing, I really do. Of all the ones I've seen in this contest this is probably what I'd consider the most realistic and I really love the heavy, brutal look of it. The lack of directional thrusters on this one is probably the most glaring commission simply because it's so realistic otherwise. The exposed weapons and extremely slow turn speed do make it rather hard to use, but this is all toward the goal of being some flavor of realistic.

'Clear Sky' Vectoring Destroyer by Rugdumph
--- Aesthetics: 6/10
--- Originality: 8/10
--- Functional Appearance: 8/10
--- Playability: 7/10
Total: 36/50
Comments: This thing is really odd looking, but some of the animations are really nice. I like the tail and the tubes back there in particular, it's movement is really well done. The arms changing orientation to fire is a nice touch. It's certainly unique, not exactly what I would call beautiful, but it shows a lot of attention to detail.

Syracuse-class Beam Cruiser by Water_and_Wind
--- Playability: 10/10
Total: 44/50
Comments: This thing sure is a beauty in pretty much every way. Both expanded and contracted it's pretty much perfectly put together. The expanding animation is where this thing really shines though, it really is probably the best weapon expansion I've seen. The only thing I don't like is how the main laser part travels over the armor bits rather then under, messes with the perspective a bit. Really though, this is something I expect to see unfolding over a planet before a significant portion of said planet becomes molten glass and radiation.

Maedhros-class Fast Attack Destroyer by ArcaneDude
--- Functional Appearance: 3/10
--- Playability: 4/10
Total: 22/50
Comments: Random glowing bits, static engine glow, no animations, boring section usage, etc. It's not bad or anything, it's just not good and it's well below what arcanedude is capable of.

FireFlower by Son Tzu
--- Aesthetics: 2/10
Total: 20/50
Comments: Kinda neat in how it attacks and looks, but its not very pretty and considering this is a beauty contest thats a pretty big problem. Reminds me of some of the bosses out of Fraxy.

Cumulonimbus by Ryen
--- Playability: 9/10
Total: 38/50
Comments: Not much to look at at first, but once those bay doors open all hell breaks loose. It's a wonderful little ship, not terribly detailed or impressive but it's masterfully pulled of. Once again, I wish it had directional thrusters or a few more realistic touches, that would make it really awesome.

Gaia by jwa8402
Total: 30/50
Comments: A lot of weirdness here. The ship itself seems rather inconsistent in several places. Has what looks like thrust vectoring bits set up above the engine, a reactor that looks like a fire place and exposed lightning bits that don't seem to serve a purpose. Weapons are kinda neat and the shape is unique but it needs more work and a more coherent overall design.

ICM Battleship by Raul
--- Aesthetics: 4/10
--- Creative Section Usage: 6/10
Total: 28/50
Comments: Not very pretty at all: very blocky, not well colored and pretty flat. Drones are neat touch though and over all it's not a bad ship. It edges toward the hard blockyness of terran ships but doesn't quite pull of the heavily detailed industrial feel that the terrans specialize in. Not bad but not relay great.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Ok here is the last of it. I assume we're not doing fan ships?

Freeform Category:

Iron Mountain: Susini Class by Preacher
--- Creative Section Usage: 8/10
--- Functional Appearance: 8/10
Total: 36/50
Comments: I really like how this one looks, the firing animations in particular are just lovely. I wish the actual weapon fired wasn't a laser though, since it just kinda looks odd to me. I like the subtle asymmetricality and controlled application of glows. There are a few green sections though and the smoke/exhaust from the firing animation is visible through gaps in the armor. It's also pretty hard to use because of the split design and BSF's inability to effectively use side mounted, front facing weapons with low firing arcs.

Vereor Messor - Cruiser by MuhhammedJihad
--- Aesthetics: 7/10
--- Playability: 7/10
Total: 32/50
Comments: One of those ships that really doesn't shine until you take a good hard look at it. The way the weapons are so seamlessly integrated into the design, the simple but effective doodad use, little touches like the directional thrusters, it all comes together into something very very nice. It's probably one of the best little ships I've seen in a long time. The fact that it's mostly green wouldn't have bothered me except that the screenshot shows black so I have to count that as a accidentally uncolored section(s). In the end this is a very balanced ship, seemingly something could be put into the vanilla game, but it's not the prettiest of them all.

Qui'zenon IV by Lord Aries Greymon
--- Aesthetics: 3/10
--- Creative Section Usage: 2/10
Total: 17/50
Comments: Not good looking, which is a pretty big problem in this contest, and doesn't handle uniquely or really have any unique features. Its not terrible or anything but it certainly doesn't stand out as better or even on par with most of the other entries.

Sweet Coronet SR2 by STARSTRUCK
--- Creative Section Usage: 9/10
--- Playability: 8/10
Total: 43/50
Comments: It's beginning to feel unfair to have let starstruck enter in all three categories, like entering a pitbull in a baby wrestling contest or something. I would have liked to have seen the blue laser things attached to the legs firing rings to go with the look of the energy rings on the legs, but other then that there isn't much to say except that it is just plain awesome. I do somehow feel like it is my least favorite of the three starstruck has created though.

Capellan Titan by calvin1211
Comments: Leg movements are nice and I like the use of the electric attacks with the glowing blue crystal things, just works well together. The actual looks are cool but kinda odd overall, there are just so many glowing crystals that it becomes boring. I'd recommend using them more sparingly next time.

Warship by Destroyer #1
--- Creative Section Usage: 4/10
--- Playability: 1/10
Total: 19/50
Comments: I think that, as looks go, this is an improvement over the other one, but you still need to work on pretty much everything. Keep trying.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Iron Mountain: Susini Class - Preacher
Aesthetics - 5/10
Originality - 7/10
CSU - 6/10
Functional Appearance - 6/10
Playability - 4/10
Grand Total - 28/50
Lots of potential here. The contrast between the upper tan pieces and the gray sectionwork is nice, but the overall mix of Mecha_sw and Prossectionax is just too messy. Engines are near nonexistant.

Vereor Messor - MuhammedJihad
Aesthetics - 3/10
Originality - 2/10
CSU - 3/10
Playability - 2/10
Grand Total - 14/50
The ship is the same color all the way around, and depthless. The weapons are just placed all over without considering their aesthetic effect. Otherwise, it's a boring, flat, flying block.

Qui'zenon IV - Lord Ares Greymon
Aesthetics - 3/10
Originality - 5/10
CSU - 4/10
Playability - 3/10
Grand Total - 19/50
Fairly interesting shape, although it has little to no relevance to it's "purpose" as a station bombardment vessel. The cooling fins on the back seemed like a good idea, but it leaves too much to the imagination, and not enough described. Other than that, it's a rather odd shade of brown. Again, you're just throwing down weapons all over the hull. As for the central superlaser, I could never get it to fire.

Sweet Coronet SR2 - STARSTRUCK
Aesthetics - 10/10
Originality - 10/10
CSU - 10/10
Functional Appearance - 10/10
Playability - 10/10
Grand Total - 50/50
Nearly perfect, and by far, arguably the best ship in the whole pageant. The core circle is absolutely ingenious, as well as how the arms attach on. Fantastic from front to back, and preforms just as graciously on the battlefield.

Capella Titan - calvin1211
Aesthetics - 5/10
Originality - 8/10
CSU - 4/10
Functional Appearance - 5/10
Playability - 5/10
Grand Total - 27/50
Intresting concept here, but not pulled off as well as it could've been. I'm really disliking the arms here, they're so fragile and boring. Also, you've used the same exact sprites for every joint in the ship, and did few things to cover that up. Also, repairing the giant shield in Sandbox is ugly. Overall, it just seemed far too thin.

Warship - Destroyer #1
Aesthetics - 2/10
Originality - 3/10
CSU - 3/10
Functional Appearance - 3/10
Playability - 3/10
Grand Total - 14/50
Doesn't really feel like you've put much effort into building this ship. Again, the whole ship is team colored, and even the core is poking out. Your use of TSA here is messy and linear, where it was originally designed to be curvy. Weapons have little to no deviation are are quite boring in their layout and aesthetics.

Ed: MJ's Vereor Messor desc. updated.
Last edited by LactoseTolerant on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
MuhhammedJihad
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by MuhhammedJihad »

LactoseTolerant wrote: The ship is the same color all the way around, and is extremely dark, even by my standards. The weapons are just placed all over without considering their aesthetic effect. Otherwise, it's a boring, black, flying block.
Might I ask, did you test the ship in-game. Had you done so, you may have found out the ship is not dark. It is stock green.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Unfortunately I think that may be even worse. You really should have gone to the effort to set the colours properly... this thing has a decent bit of potential.

Also, there are a lot of sections-used-as-doodads, which is poor designing.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

im not sure that LT tested any of them except STARSTRUCKS actually, i put some huge thruster flares on my ship which makes my non existing engines ummm well, kinda impossible, unless he meant something else.

and stock green is probably worse but hey.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.