the Fleet of Fire

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

batterypowereddragon
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

the Fleet of Fire

Post by batterypowereddragon »

Hello. I'm fairly new to the forums, but I have created some new! ships that I hope are interesting. I will welcome constructive feedback, but as I have not been playing BSF for long, I don't expect them to be perfect.
Well, here they are:
Harthax Battlecrusier
Harthax Battlecrusier
Sarakact Dreadnought
Sarakact Dreadnought
Sarakact.jpg (11.51 KiB) Viewed 6007 times
Narthan Fighter
Narthan Fighter
Narthan speed fighter.jpg (2.54 KiB) Viewed 6007 times
Syrax Bombardment Craft
Syrax Bombardment Craft
Syrax heavy bomber.jpg (6.22 KiB) Viewed 6007 times
Matrix Bug Support Craft
Matrix Bug Support Craft
Matrix bug support craft.jpg (4.18 KiB) Viewed 6007 times
SSLGM Missile Station
SSLGM Missile Station
Armored rocket station.jpg (5.7 KiB) Viewed 6007 times
That's it for now. I hope you like it! :lol:
ed:How do I stop it squishing the Harthax? :?:
Last edited by batterypowereddragon on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Therus Shipyards- TIPMESSCO (Therus based InterPlanetary Military Engineering SpaceShip Construction Organization)
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Re: the Fleet of Fire

Post by Preacher »

welcome to the forums! I quite like these, good colour, and a relative degree of skill displayed here looking forward to see what you make in the future,

oh yeah download somw sw sections and weapons if you fancy it id like to see what you could do with them.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Little nitpick: The center flare on the Harthax looks rather odd.
batterypowereddragon
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Preacher wrote:oh yeah download somw sw sections and weapons if you fancy it id like to see what you could do with them.
Well...um... My computer happens to hate zips. maybe it was something in the factory that made him cross with them. :(
calvin1211 wrote:Little nitpick: The center flare on the Harthax looks rather odd.
I think it is because the flare is so big that the equation for moving it out when it is scaled up doesn't give the exact distace, therefore the flare goes through to the other side of the booster. :wink:
Oh, and SSLGM stands for SuperSonic Laser Guided Missile. :D
Therus Shipyards- TIPMESSCO (Therus based InterPlanetary Military Engineering SpaceShip Construction Organization)
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

batterypowereddragon wrote: Well...um... My computer happens to hate zips. maybe it was something in the factory that made him cross with them. :(
A lot of original sprites are inside your ShipMaker. press "~" and then "2", "3" or "4". I know you will like it.

By the way, theme about fire colouring is great. The way of other sections in-software show above should solve your repetition disadvantage.
batterypowereddragon
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

More of the Fleet of Fire

Thanks alive916!
BTW, here are some other ships I made before I got your message:
Froxen Frigate
Froxen Frigate
Knamet stealth scout (pronounced nem-AT. I know it's weird.) Note: transparency shown above background light.
Knamet stealth scout (pronounced nem-AT. I know it's weird.) Note: transparency shown above background light.
Knamet.jpg (5.31 KiB) Viewed 5854 times
Ohnor, the Government's space station, sector D5.
Ohnor, the Government's space station, sector D5.
Will continue to create more ships from Therus Shipyards!
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The Froxen Frigate is your best ship so far. Using stock style will be counted against you since everyone uses SWA sections these days. Although back in the day this would have been decent.

You have a good, interesting shape, and the colors aren't horrible. The gaps are questionable, but they kinda work for your ship.

This is a step in the right direction, but I recommend that you download some custom sprites to put more diversity in your ships.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

There are supports in the gaps between the wings and main body on the frigate, their just really dark and green I think. Lighten them up a bit and color them appropriately so we can see them and it will add alot to the ship.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

I agree with Jwa those supports look abit out of place but other than that i quite like it. the scout is simple but i like the thruster flares, and the space station is a little bit generic and i think the square in the middle doesn't suit the rest of its shape, maybe add some more sprites on to make it slightly more curvacious.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
batterypowereddragon
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

the Fleet of Fire's convertion

Thanks everybody.
I will soon create (or attempt to create) sw spacecraft, but attempt to retain the fire-style colouring.
Here is the new and (hopefully) improved Froxen Frigate.
Froxen.jpg
And one new one, the Gordalk Admiralty Cruiser. It might be a bit small for a cruiser, but hey, who cares about ship classes?
Gordalk.jpg
Gordalk.jpg (10.44 KiB) Viewed 5764 times
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Hmmm, the Gordalk seems like a step backwards in quality. The shape is good, but the section placement is poor. You have an obvious line cutting through the middle of your ship that looks bad, and those 22's stick out like sore thumbs.

A lot of what worked well with the Froxen were the interesting angles and you've lost that here.
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

I haven't seen non SW sections in a while, and I think I miss them a little bit now.

I look forward to seeing more from you.

I agree that the Froxen is the best looking ship.
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
batterypowereddragon
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Ok, this is getting confusing for me. I am going to make a poll on the first post to see where to go from here.
Is this SWA?
BSF_Stock02 (convertion).png
BSF_Stock02 (convertion).png (1.63 KiB) Viewed 5643 times
Bluh_sec01 (convertion).png
Bluh_sec01 (convertion).png (1.94 KiB) Viewed 5643 times
:? :| ?
edit:One more ship:
Saranair battlecruiser.
Saranair battlecruiser.
Last edited by batterypowereddragon on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Those are not SWA, those are something new someone was trying.

This is SWA.
batterypowereddragon
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Here is my problem.
I like SWA, and want to use those sprites, but my computer doesn't let me open archive files. I have tried just about everything, but it still doesn't let me. It appears that my only option left is to find normal files, or manually dissect those preview pictures. Can you please point me in the direction of a .bmp or .png?