Anna's Shiny Ships - Surprise on Page 5

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Anna's Shiny Ships - Surprise on Page 5

Post by Anna »

First things first, here's two that I've already pretty much completed entirely. I won't be basing a fleet around this style, so I can release them for download right now:

Grey Area:
Grey Area.shp
The Grey Area. .shp only because many of the triggers don't save properly to the .sb4
(76.06 KiB) Downloaded 1354 times
Frank Exchange of Views:
Frank Exchange of Views.shp
Frank Exchange of Views. .shp only because many of the triggers don't save properly to the .sb4
(66.43 KiB) Downloaded 1192 times
No sprites are packaged in the downloads, obviously. Here's what you'll need:
  1. Kaelis' Shiny Sections
  2. The SWA-ized DST Sprites made by Kaelis
  3. HorseMonster's Detailed Weapons and Realistic Sections pack. Possibly also the RocketBits and RoboBits
  4. The glow from Fraxy Sprites
  5. You will also need the MIRV Beta. Trying to run these ships on an earlier version of BSF will not work.
Hopefully you'll have all of those. If you don't have them and don't know where to find them, ask in the thread and I will link you to them.

Thread Contents:
GGG Heavy Industries Attack Force -/- Ordanian Fleet
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Anna's Shiny Ships

Post by Lizzie »

I like the Ordanian Fleet the most, I want to see more of those. Oh I also like the "Grey Area".
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

The ships look good. The fleets are well-differentiated, and they look good.

"Frank Exchange of Views" has a good industrial look to it.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

I LOVE the Frank Exchange of Views. Lovelovelovelove. I love everything about it, really. The flat-nosed hull shape is fantastic, the level of detail is close to absurd and the brown-gold color scheme is incredibly easy on the eyes.

Other than that, I think this thread is just one more example of why people think of 'Anna' when they think of the master of shipbuilding. Color, form, detail, they're all so close to perfect that its downright silly. These really don't look like bunches of sections packed together, they look like actual solid spaceships. That's my opinion, anyway.

If there's a single nitpick I have, it's the sprite used for the Ramona's chainguns. It seems to be coming out at a strange angle.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Anna

Post by Anna »

Update: Added the Ordanian SFMS-Pine to the Ordanian Fleet roster.

Here's a very short video of it firing its missiles.

Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

That missile reloading animation is really phalic.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

GOD STOP BUGGING PEOPLE TO POST HERE. D:<

Oh, and tell me how you got that fancy effect on the Envy's panels whilst you're at it.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anna

Post by Anna »

Arcalane wrote:GOD STOP BUGGING PEOPLE TO POST HERE. D:<

Oh, and tell me how you got that fancy effect on the Envy's panels whilst you're at it.
HorseMonster wrote:That missile reloading animation is really phalic.
Thanks guuuuuys! :lol:

Added the GGG-HI Richter to the GGG Heavy Industries fleet.

There's three more ships remaining for the GGG, probably two or maybe three more left for the Ordanian Fleet.

And I answered Arcalane's question in IRC, but I'll repeat the answer here:
  1. One of HM's Solar panels.
  2. Ixra_Gradiant_Straight.png put on top of it, resized to fit, white, additive.
  3. On top of that, Doo_FullLine made dark grey and additive and REALLY BIG.
Quality Control Enforcer
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

*Aralonia strums a guitar melancholically

RAMO~NA~ RAMO~NA~A~A~

In any case: not bad looking. My only complaint is that each ship should exhibit better some of the characteristics that they are named after. e.g. Envy has a horsey face skimpy dress some sort of wide area attack, Pine has epic amounts of keeping the beat, Patel summons demon hipster chicks, etc.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Dunno man, Pine's missiles are REALLY asking to get shot off.

And while the reloading is neat, and well done, I find it to be a conceptually awkward way of reloading GIANT MIRVS in the first place.

That being said, I will recommend to anyone who wants to use SHINY sections are to look through these designs first to get an idea of what correct usage of SHINY sections should look like.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
themastersays
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by themastersays »

These Shiny sections already have large amount of tone added and of course, the shininess on them. These section would probably only be good as highlights on parts of ships like the outer hull and some of the parts of the ships that stands out more, like bridge. That been said, once you start using this, you can't use any other SWA sections for highlights for the same ship.

there is something off about that Ramona ship. The way the larger chain gun looking things on the sides seems to be in the way of the broadside guns, it is sticking out too far maybe? the shading of the larger guns does not have that " different elevation" feeling either. other than that, the transformation ship looks like a man opening his crotch, but it is still awesome because it have that "solid" feeling.
Anna

Post by Anna »

themastersays wrote:These Shiny sections already have large amount of tone added and of course, the shininess on them. These section would probably only be good as highlights on parts of ships like the outer hull and some of the parts of the ships that stands out more, like bridge. That been said, once you start using this, you can't use any other SWA sections for highlights for the same ship.
Is this you trying to tell me how to use Shiny sections, or is this you just rambling incoherently?
themastersays wrote:there is something off about that Ramona ship. The way the larger chain gun looking things on the sides seems to be in the way of the broadside guns, it is sticking out too far maybe?
They're not broadside guns, they're flak guns.
themastersays wrote:the shading of the larger guns does not have that " different elevation" feeling either. other than that, the transformation ship looks like a man opening his crotch, but it is still awesome because it have that "solid" feeling.
... I'm just going to ignore that last bit.

Anyway. The GGG Heavy Industries ships and the Ordanian Fleet are still in the works, but I haven't got another complete ship from either one to show yet, in large part 'cause I just haven't felt like shipbuilding the last few days.

Here's a little thing I did make, though.

Quality Control Enforcer
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Post by Icy »

WOW! What engine flares are those... I LOVE THEM!!!!
I really like that blue that you used on these ones, they almost look like they could go with Horsemonster's newer ships.

(I find it safe to assume this) Once again you wow us with your excelence in ship building.
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Looks like a standard one with HM's realistic one overlayed.

I like these ships of yours, the Kae_shn sections are used to great effect over the lot of them. Very cleverly done. Can't wait to see more!
Anna

Post by Anna »

Silverware wrote:Looks like a standard one with HM's realistic one overlayed.
Actually it's one standard Ion Engine sprite from HM's RocketBits pack, one Recoloured Ion Engine sprite, and then one recoloured Realistic sprite from the RocketBits pack. :3

Anyway, back to the fleets! The two final ships for each fleet are fairly close to finished, I thought I'd post them here for feedback, since I'm especially uncertain about one of them.

This is the GGG-HI Graves. I'm fairly happy with it, and it's mostly done. Mainly it just needs an armament.

This is the Ordanian SHABS-Pilgrim. Not so happy with this one. I dunno. I'm iffy about it. Even if I keep everything as it is, I still need to add some sidepods of some description, weapons, and maybe add on a few more details, but it might be subject to massive changes, and this is the one I need the most feedback for.

And finally, here's a screenshot of both fleets in-game, facing off against each other, so to speak.
Wheeee Ordanian Fleet vs the GGG-HI Battleforce
Wheeee Ordanian Fleet vs the GGG-HI Battleforce
Quality Control Enforcer