any ideas.....?

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

run1235
Ensign
Ensign

any ideas.....?

Post by run1235 »

im somewhat new to the bsfsm stuff and i was wondering if you guys have any ideas for me.
i have the Kae_mecha/robo and all that other stuff to use
heres what i have so far.

yes they do have weapons and engines i just put the transparency on so i could keep the ships looking good.
Attachments
my newest ship<br />its a work in progress so don't say crap about the coloring silver
my newest ship
its a work in progress so don't say crap about the coloring silver
one of my fighters im made for my fleet.
one of my fighters im made for my fleet.
SMscreen02.png (38.8 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
another fighter for my fleet
another fighter for my fleet
Last edited by run1235 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Re: any ideas.....?

Post by calvin1211 »

Actual ships should go in the custom ships thread for one. :)
Try to give your ships shading to emulate depth instead of having just one big blob of the same colour.
LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

Post by LongcatX »

pretty good, heh, us fourm newbies.
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
run1235
Ensign
Ensign

Post by run1235 »

calvin1211 wrote: Try to give your ships shading to emulate depth instead of having just one big blob of the same colour.
i don't know how to shade the sprites plus there not my sprites so im not gonna mess with them
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

What he means is recoloring them in the ShipMaker. You do realize you can give any sprite on your ship a custom colour, right?
I recommend doing exactly as calvin said. Otherwise, the second ship is actually fairly decent, it just needs a good colorscheme. The first one is...odd. I don't really like it. Try setting the wings on a smaller angle with the main body, and use a different section for the front.

Finally, I'd recomment reading all the guides and such which you can find in the general discussion and BSF resources forums.

Welcome to Wyrdysm.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Have you not seen how other people fucking do it?

Step 1: Higher areas should be brighter, to make it look like they are higher.
Step 2: Lower areas should be dark, to make it look like they are lower.
Step 3: NONE OF THIS REQUIRES YOU TO EDIT THE SPRITES YOURSELF. All it requires you to do is change their colours to slightly different shades in shipmaker.

Also, the colours you're using right now are horrible. Too highly saturated. Ugh.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
run1235
Ensign
Ensign

Post by run1235 »

ArcaneDude wrote:. Try setting the wings on a smaller angle with the main body
what i really wanted to do with the first one is when it moved to a location the wings would fold in to give it a more streamlined look, and when it was close in fighting the wings came back out.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

run1235 wrote:what i really wanted to do with the first one is when it moved to a location the wings would fold in to give it a more streamlined look, and when it was close in fighting the wings came back out.
For the moment, you should just focus on making your ships look good. You can try that dort of stuff when you have a bit more experience, and you know what your doing
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Warbird94
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere in a spaceship factory in outer rim of this galaxy

Post by Warbird94 »

The outlines look good so far, but the colour of your ships is a bit strange and you shouldnt resize some of the sections that much as it will simply look strange
Hey what does that button do??? *head explodes*

Battleships Forever RULES