INTERGALACTIC PLANETARY

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

WUT
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

INTERGALACTIC PLANETARY

Post by WUT »

So, yeah, here it goes!

Part I

Part II

A Class Scout I: "Sir, we're measuring high amounts of Energy some Million Miles away."
E Class Colonizator: "Sure about that? It could just be some Star getting Big or Exploding. I think it's better for you to build a Line behind us, so you're protected from the Energy Wave."
A Class Scout II: "I don't think it's a good Idea...the Energy seems to be concentrated and is Travelling way to fast!"

E Class Colonizator: "What the...?"

A Class Scout I: "Oh my god! What is happening!"
A Class Scout II: "I don't know, but we should get the heck out of here!"

A Class Scout II: "Where the heck is this Energy coming from!"
A Class Scout I: "We'll check it later, now move!"
A Class Scout II: "We're moving, but...*broomzssssshhhhhhhhbuww*...damm! We're hit!"
A Class Scout I: "MOVE AW*brzshhhswsh*..."
A Class Scout II: "Steve! save yourself if you're still alive...we're being....."

Part III

O.S.D.D.S. Mars: "Incoming Emergency call. Activate codifier."
"Help us! We're under Attack! They're coming for us, and they'll come for you all! Alert Blue Message Code 647EGP0Z!"
O.S.D.D.S. Mars: "Emergency call accepted. Validated Alert Code. Activating all Defenses. Connecting to Earth..."

U.T.F. (United Terran Federations)

E Class Colonizator
Designed in the late 2560ies, this Ship was originally intended to Transport goods from Earth to the Moon and vice versa. As the U.T.F. noticed that the Ressources on Earth wouldnt be enough for everyone, even thought a high recycle rate, they built a new one for Human Transport. It's the first Colonization Ship ever sent into the Universe. As it's not armed, it's very important to only send it out with some guards.

A Class Scout
Mostly used to Guard Transporter ships, it is also often used to destroy approaching Meteorites and Scout the Area if theres something suspiscious going on.
The Ship is armed with:
2x AC-Blaster Cat. 3

O.S.D.D.S.
The O.S.D.D.S. (Outer Space Drone Defense Station) has been made to secure strategic points in the Space and to hold them. The Station is fully oberated by an AI, and is in usage since tha 2520ies. It is capable of carring up to 4 B Class Attack Drones.It comes equiped with:
8x B Class Artillery
2x B Class Heavy Twin Artillery

B Class Attack Drone
Small and fast, those Drones are built for mayor Defense usage. Equiped with:
2x C Class Machinegun

More to come soon! Leave Feedback :)
Last edited by WUT on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Re: INTERGALACTIC PLANETARY

Post by Icy »

Your ships are halfway decent (assuming that this is your first posted ones) one nitpick that i have is the fact that the depthing is kind of messy, remember that lower sections are darker that alone will help your ships a lot.

Also sw sprites and stock weapons don't work well together try using some found in the custom sprites section (you can change the weapon's sprite and it's projectile sprite in the ED2 tab in ship maker)
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage
WUT
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by WUT »

Thx for the info, I changed the Guns :)

BTW, I added the 2nd part to the story.
Icy
Commander
Commander

Post by Icy »

I don't mean to be kind of one tracked but you did nothing to help with the depthing. In your newer ships you continued not to do that and it is hard to get a sense of what your ships actually look like. Please look at some of the ships in the "Holy Ship" topic for examples of proper depthing.
WUT
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by WUT »

I understand what you mean, but the fact of setting the depth on one section, that automaticly changes another if it already excists, makes it messy. don't really see a way of doing that the proper way :o
Icy
Commander
Commander

Post by Icy »

I'm sorry, I didn't mean how the sections are literally depthed or stacked, what I ment by depthing was that when sections are lower they are generally darker in color.
WUT
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by WUT »

So, I've got a new Ship right here for you Guys!

I call it...

Lunar A Class Destroyer
Normal Form:

Traveling Form(Exhausts at the back coming out) and with activated Close Combat defence System:

What do you think?
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

too much repetition overall, and the style is inconsistent between the curved stern and the straight prow areas. the depth shading looks odd as well, think of how it would look if it was a 3D model with the highest areas lightest and the lowest areas darkest. there's no specific way to improve this ship, but personally i would remodel the front to make it more like the rear and use a greater variety of better fitting sprites to replace the repetitive sections
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Personally I would burn it and hope that it's enough.

If it wasn't, I guess I'd call in an exorcist.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
WUT
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by WUT »

lol, thats hard Anna.

Althought...Yeah, it's quite repetitive. But to be honest, I was mostly just putting all my ideas into there, without really careing much about how it looks. Guess I'm gona redo it.

Checked Kaelis new Sections, pretty nice. I even found some Time to play with them, made a small Scout/attack drone J4F. No Coloring done.

Standby Form:

Attack/Scout Form: