The orient

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

themastersays
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The orient

Post by themastersays »

this is my first attempt at making custom section. i got a little inspiration from oriental armors i saw sometime ago. it was a suprise to find that parallelogram could be used to make something that look like the wing of a bird. i am probably going to take adventage of that in my next attempt at using these sections again

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss35 ... reen06.jpg

i probably still have lots to learn, so feed backs are appreciated.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: The orient

Post by jwa8402 »

rofl! Turn it on its side and laugh at the man in the funny hat!
themastersays
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by themastersays »

lol, i did not see that one coming
themastersays
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by themastersays »

anyways, i got my friend into this. XD. I made this ship to counter problems i encounter with Flanking AI with faster ships. based off hindu mythology's Ravana( many armed antagonist of Ramayana), this is ship have 3 rotating gun nests that can be use to simultaneously target 3-4 ships at the same time. while the 2 nests at the back look like i am spazing too much guns, it is not what it seems. due to rotation, only 1 gun at the most can target 1 ship per nest, and due to guns have a some wat slow waiting time per shot, there are not large amount of railguns going off at the same time. I was thinking turning them to shockbeam for fireworks........lol

still need to finish off the rear, i think. that way it does look too falic.

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss35 ... reen05.jpg