Arms Enterprise.

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

What do you think?

Great! :D
12%
Good. :lol:
No votes
ok. :|
65%
Bad. :roll:
18%
Horable! :cry:
6%

Total votes: 17

Terry007abc
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Arms Enterprise.

Post by Terry007abc »

Ok! After lurking, looking, gaining inspiration and teaching my self how to use ship maker: i have fianaly made a good fleet!
The Glock Mk. I<br /><br />The slightly older is far more sutable for longer<br />ranges and comes at 449,990 Bucks; Fly away!
The Glock Mk. I

The slightly older is far more sutable for longer
ranges and comes at 449,990 Bucks; Fly away!
SMscreen04.png (7.08 KiB) Viewed 3069 times
The Glock Mk. II<br /><br />For the low price of 499,990 Bucks, you can own a glock today!<br />The latist model has a short range misile luancher to deal with<br />pesky pirate raiders and a good set of Cannons to back it up!
The Glock Mk. II

For the low price of 499,990 Bucks, you can own a glock today!
The latist model has a short range misile luancher to deal with
pesky pirate raiders and a good set of Cannons to back it up!
SMscreen05.png (7.75 KiB) Viewed 3069 times
The Beretta<br /><br />A new a interesting craft for only 249,990 Bucks!<br />The craft is a striped down glock that has<br />dual-short range-burst fire cannons on the front!
The Beretta

A new a interesting craft for only 249,990 Bucks!
The craft is a striped down glock that has
dual-short range-burst fire cannons on the front!
SMscreen03.png (4.74 KiB) Viewed 3069 times
The Winchester Hell Fire<br /><br />For only 2,499,990 Bucks this ship can be yours!<br />With a supreme amount of fire power and<br />looks, this ship is very deadly!
The Winchester Hell Fire

For only 2,499,990 Bucks this ship can be yours!
With a supreme amount of fire power and
looks, this ship is very deadly!
The Winchester Ranger<br /><br />With a longer range than its counter part and a better<br />defense, you can get it for just 1,999,990 Bucks!
The Winchester Ranger

With a longer range than its counter part and a better
defense, you can get it for just 1,999,990 Bucks!
The Magnum<br /><br />For 7,499,990 Bucks, this ship is very overwhelming and<br />cheap! With that many mistiles i wouldnt even try to win!
The Magnum

For 7,499,990 Bucks, this ship is very overwhelming and
cheap! With that many mistiles i wouldnt even try to win!
Arms Enterprise.zip
Download link!
(11.41 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Last edited by Terry007abc on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Arms Enterprise.

Post by Squishy »

I see you were able to immediately jump into the SWA-style sprites and using HM-style weapons. You should be commended for this.

The ships are solid, though their designs are uninspired. Weapon placement seems logical, and you avoided weapon spam on most of the ships.

There is some section repetition for the sides of the larger vessels, and you seem to be keeping yourself limited to a very small selection of sections entirely composed of the SWA versions of the default 1st panel sections. This is hurting your ship design and preventing you from possibly doing more interesting things with their shape and internals.

You might want to consider using shading on the gray sections. You are using a uniform gray for all your ships, not to mention the only other colour being the teal. The colour scheme is fine but you must realize your ships end up looking flat as a result.

Using combination of this single shade and the simple block shapes will not serve you forever. But you probably realized this by now. I suggest that you actively do your best to get rid of that habit as you further to expand the shipbuilding techniques and methods at your disposal.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Terry007abc
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Terry007abc »

I want the uniform armor on the bigger ships but i do need 1 more color! Add green to them?