my new fleet/first post.

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

is it good??

its awesome!
No votes
pretty good.
No votes
average.
16%
pretty bad.
28%
really bad.
56%

Total votes: 25

LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

my new fleet/first post.

Post by LongcatX »

so. im new on the fourms, but not BSF. and really, im here to expand my shipbuilding skills and enjoy the community. now my shipmaker is a little old, so i don't have sprites or anything. ok on to the ships :P

Armed With Wings fleet/faction

a light battleship (up)

a medium battleship(up)

corvett(up)

i will be finishing the fleet in this style, so later i will try sprites and stuff , mmk.

the purpose of the corvett is for spaming firepower, or being a distraction.

light battleships purpose is for frontward combat

medium battleships purpose is for broadside combat, also the light battleship is meant to defend the medium battleships.

remember to criticize :)
Last edited by LongcatX on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: my new fleet/first post.

Post by alive916 »

The shape are not as bad as I think. At least you can build the shape aestheically. And then the worst thing that you must improve is the colouring. I guess the following viewers will CRIT you very hard. But if you get colouring and shading good, need not very well, your design can cheat their eyes. I give you some example. the difference of two below:

Same shape. Different colour. Although they are super rough design, but seems lower one is more realistic.(Nomatter what maybe you like the funny rainbow colour of the upper one.)

Then, lurk more.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Welcome to the forums.
Rainbow coloured ships do not work well. The medium battleship has two hugh holes that probably should be filled in. Also use F11 when taking screenshots. It removes the parenting lines.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

You basically need to get some brand spanking new sprites, play around with them for a while, and look at some other ships done by other people to figure what you want your ships to really look like. Because at the moment what you have shown is a random collection of colourful sprites that have been put together to vaguely resemble the shape of a ship. Not really good at all
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
LongcatX
Commander
Commander

Post by LongcatX »

Imaillusion wrote:You basically need to get some brand spanking new sprites, play around with them for a while, and look at some other ships done by other people to figure what you want your ships to really look like. Because at the moment what you have shown is a random collection of colourful sprites that have been put together to vaguely resemble the shape of a ship. Not really good at all
like i said my ship editor is kind of old. could you explain how to get sprites, and use them. do they replace the standard ship parts?
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Check the front page of Wyrdysm, download BSF v.90d, go to the Custom Sprites forum download some SWA sprites and weapons, and we'll tell what to do from there. :wink:
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
LongcatX
Commander
Commander

Post by LongcatX »

Corporal Jomn wrote:Check the front page of Wyrdysm, download BSF v.90d, go to the Custom Sprites forum download some SWA sprites and weapons, and we'll tell what to do from there. :wink:
mmk thanks :)
Terry007abc
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Terry007abc »

Looks good but you need it to be a bit more logical. XD
Before you take a screne shot, press F11.
Go lirk a bit more!

PS. Your ships are a lot better than my first ones!