the Fleet of Fire

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Re: the Fleet of Fire

Post by calvin1211 »

You have to unzip them using stuff like WinZip or WinRar.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Download WinRAR or 7z to unzip files like that. There's no way in hell people are gonna upload all the sprites individually for you. Especially since there are literally fucking hundreds of SWA-style sections if you include all the ones Kaelis has made.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Here, I'll make it really easy on you.

http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
batterypowereddragon
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by batterypowereddragon »

OK!
I have used winrar and have downloaded about 50MB worth of sprites, and feel ready to start building. Happy now?
Will start building soon...reeeeel soon...
Therus Shipyards- TIPMESSCO (Therus based InterPlanetary Military Engineering SpaceShip Construction Organization)
batterypowereddragon
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Arrrgh!
I have just had a serious case of crap-ship-building-itis!
SMscreen00.png
SMscreen00.png (6.42 KiB) Viewed 3859 times
*cringe*
How is building SWA ships different from normal ships? I really need help now!
______________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT
I hope I have solved my problems.
SMscreen01.png
SMscreen01.png (7.48 KiB) Viewed 3857 times
Is this better than the above?
Therus Shipyards- TIPMESSCO (Therus based InterPlanetary Military Engineering SpaceShip Construction Organization)
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

It's better that the ship above, which doesn't really mean much because the ship above was pretty bad anyway. The second ship isn't that good either, there a gap down the middle whch should be covered up, and the shading's kinda iffy
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
themastersays
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by themastersays »

from a person who just started this too, i think it is not your fault that the other folks think your ship designs are bad. The original sets lack symmetrical parts that fits in perfect over or behind 2 parts. personally, i would move the 2 center pieces at the rear of the first ship close so the gap between it and the parts head of it can be covered. ( i think these people like ships with overlaying, closely packed SWA parts, @_@).for depth, i think the first ship had a better sense of depth. i can see a ship with a flat-ish center with the wings angled downward. I find painting the ship in to 2-3 close color on the gradient help define depth.
batterypowereddragon
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Okay, I will change those. They were my first two SWA ships, mind.
EDIT: I'm scrapping the first ship, it was just for getting the feel of SWA sections. Here is the second hull:
SMscreen02.png
Is it better?
-------------------EDIT-------------------

Here is a transforming stock spacecraft that I made recently:
Harcx (Close combat).jpg
Harcx (Close combat).jpg (7.89 KiB) Viewed 3792 times
Close combat form ^
Harcx (Ranged).jpg
Ranged combat form ^
I don't know how to make an animated GIF.
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

Both 2 ships are good. You first try the ED2 tab for transforming ship is a good start. you will find more fun about moving sections edit.

The streamline shape of your SW ship is a bit uncomfortable but I don't know why I feel that.

For amimation, you can use shift-f11 in ship maker. Choose the area what you want to make animation and input what it says. Then use Gif animator to input all pictures. Maybe complicated but the effect is awesome.
batterypowereddragon
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I don't have a gif animator. And I'm pretty sure that the sequence is not important, but if you need to know, I'm explaining it here.
Spoiler!
Going from short range to long range, the side plates slide out, then the outer railguns slide inward to expose. Then, at the same time as each other, the front triangles slide outard, exposing the front railguns and covering the pulsers and the back plates slide up. Then the engines slide out for some reason.