Old Green Modular Fleet

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Old Green Modular Fleet

Post by Rugdumph »

Right, about time I did something on here again. Looking back over my old thread I realised currently I've been getting worse as a shipbuilder rather than better, especially looking at new things I haven't posted up. So I decided to go back to something which I really enjoyed making and got some of the most positive C&C.

Currently the only changes from the old version is lowered alpha on the 'core', with a backing piece behind it, and the actual core centred. Also generally reworked using the correct sprite file paths... Just to make sure I've added the files for it in case I still have some wrong.

I'm going to spec these up to Meta 2 rules and post them on the rules test thread, but currently this is just random hp and default thrusters, with the original movement stats.

Ed: I also never doodaded these up or named them so that'll be a little something new at least.

Ed: Ok here's two new versions I've done. Alpha Fast Attack and Gamma Assault Frigates, there is a Beta Armoured Frigate but i haven't finished that one yet. Details and download in Meta 2 thread, this is just to get some general C&C.

F1FA - Alpha Class Fast Attack Frigate

F1AS - Gamma Class Assault Frigate
Attachments
Reworked Modular Base.shp
(8.24 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Reworked Modular Base.sb4
(9.11 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Re: Old Green Modular Fleet

Post by Silver Swordsman »

These are pretty good. They're small, they're good looking... the only thing I have to say is the rear... it looks slightly bland.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

I see you have been refining your initial modular designs.

These are fairly good work.

A tad on the dark side and perhaps to reliant on radioactive green for their primary, and only, colour. Personally I'd like to see some more of this series of ships before coming to a conclusion about the impact of the dark+green scheme.

I suppose other folks can tune the colours and clumps of sections to their own liking...
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

I agree about the back end being too bland. See how there are around three shades of grey used for the back sections? Changing one of them to a green shade would balance out the back end with the rest of the ship. Just don't go overboard
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

Just so you know I haven't given up on this after making a whole new thread for it, various stages of WIP's.

"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)