The Intergalactic Alliance (Updated 8/12)

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The Intergalactic Alliance (Updated 8/12)

Post by ArcaneDude »

I recently discovered a bunch of reference drawings I intended to use for the Alliance Remnant ships in my old MRA saga. Problem was they were too complex to build properly with what we had at the time. So,bringing my ( by now ancient) faction back from the dead, I'm going to try using the new features to finally build a fleet for the Intergalactic Alliance.

READ HERE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE INTERGALACTIC ALLIANCE

Ships of The Intergalactic Stellar Fleet

Corvettes

Corvettes are swift and nimble ships, intended for light combat duty, patrol and law enforcement.
"Swift Intendant" class Corvette; intended for patrol and anti-fighter roles, this Sargasso Industries-built model is fast and has well rounded firing arcs.
"Swift Intendant" class Corvette; intended for patrol and anti-fighter roles, this Sargasso Industries-built model is fast and has well rounded firing arcs.
Swift Intendant.png (2.49 KiB) Viewed 6276 times
Armament:
2x Pulse Cannon
1x Pulse Repeater
1x Light Mass Driver
1x Spike Missile

"Silent Watchman" class Assault Corvette; another SI product, this older corvette carries weaponry meant to subdue larger ships, like frigates and light destroyers. It is primarily used againt the new threat of Pirate Galleons.
"Silent Watchman" class Assault Corvette; another SI product, this older corvette carries weaponry meant to subdue larger ships, like frigates and light destroyers. It is primarily used againt the new threat of Pirate Galleons.
Silent Watchman.png (7.25 KiB) Viewed 6276 times
Armament:
1x Particle Sniper Cannon
3x Medium Mass Driver
1x Spike Missile

"Devious Assailant" class Monitor; this Verdia Hypernautics ship carries only one weapon; a downscaled version of the common plasma torpedo. It is meant to patrol trading routes and secure the trade vessels from pirates and raiders, as well as apprehending smugglers. A group of these ships can also mean a serious threat to larger vessels.
"Devious Assailant" class Monitor; this Verdia Hypernautics ship carries only one weapon; a downscaled version of the common plasma torpedo. It is meant to patrol trading routes and secure the trade vessels from pirates and raiders, as well as apprehending smugglers. A group of these ships can also mean a serious threat to larger vessels.
Devious Assailant.png (3.3 KiB) Viewed 6276 times
Armament:
1x Custom Plasma Torpedo

Frigates
"Belyxia" class Frigate; a Sargasso ship, the Belyxia is an all round ship with a decent punch.
"Belyxia" class Frigate; a Sargasso ship, the Belyxia is an all round ship with a decent punch.
Belyxia.png (11.84 KiB) Viewed 6158 times
Armament:
1x Spinal Mass Driver
6x Medium Mass Driver
3x Twin Laser Turret
1x Spike Missile

"Amazon" class Support Frigate; this heavy frigate was constructed by Alliance Armatures, and is designed to give heavy weapon support against larger ships.
"Amazon" class Support Frigate; this heavy frigate was constructed by Alliance Armatures, and is designed to give heavy weapon support against larger ships.
Amazon.png (16.68 KiB) Viewed 6158 times
Armament:
1x Spinal Mass Driver
1x Plasma Beam Emitter
2x Assault Cannon
1x Light Mass Driver
1x Automatic Mass Driver
1x Spear Missile

Destroyers
"Orion" class Combat destroyer; this small destroyer is an all round ship, designed as a brawler for mid-size battles. The design is Sargasso.
"Orion" class Combat destroyer; this small destroyer is an all round ship, designed as a brawler for mid-size battles. The design is Sargasso.
Armament:
1x Spinal Mass Driver
2x Assault Driver
4x Medium Mass Driver
2x Solenoid Cannon
1x Ballista Cruise Missile

"Stygia" class Heavy Destroyer; considered a pocket cruiser, this large ship is the smallest to carry the dreaded plasma torpedoes. It can deliver excellent long range support.
"Stygia" class Heavy Destroyer; considered a pocket cruiser, this large ship is the smallest to carry the dreaded plasma torpedoes. It can deliver excellent long range support.
Armament:
1x Spinal Mass Driver
2x Solenoid Cannon
2x Heavy Laser Beam
8x Light Mass Driver
2x Spear Missile

"Eradwaith" class Assault Destroyer; this heavy destroyer sports a rainbow of heavy weapons, designed to harass far larger ships.
"Eradwaith" class Assault Destroyer; this heavy destroyer sports a rainbow of heavy weapons, designed to harass far larger ships.
Armament:
1x Spinal Mass Driver
2x Solenoid Cannon
1x AM Mortar
1x Plasma Torpedo
2x Spear Missile
6x Light Mass Driver
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
wingstorm
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: The Intergalactic Alliance

Post by wingstorm »

Looking good. Looking forward to see the rest of the ships.
Please do make them available for DL when you have settled on the designs. Me want to play test them!

On the suggestions side, I notice that the "Swift Intendant" class Corvette has a different core when compared to the other 2 ships. The Assault Corvette and the Devious Assailant Monitor has a "opened core", but the Swift Intendant's is covered by a piece of armor. Is this an intended design? As it does makes the Corvette a different from the other 2 ships.

There is also a lack of doodas(?) on the "Silent Watchman" class Assault Corvette. The little yellow and orange lights/dots. Suggest placing some on it to make it more inline with the other 2 ships.

Other then that, GREAT JOB! Love seeing great looking small ships. Hope to see more!
I am a user, a player, a gamer. I am the end user.. the one playing with your designs.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Added two frigates, the Amazon and the Belyxia.

I've added some doodads on the Silent Watchman, I'll post a new picture soon. I'm leaving the Swift Intendant's core as it is, it's as I intended. There is no fluff behind this, it's simply a design feature.

EDIT: whoops, forgot the Belyxia's core glow...
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

You're going to at least list the weapons fluff in the Galactic Database thread, right?
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Yeah, sure. In fact, I'm working with a list of weapons similar to the one in the metagame. But I'll post some tech fluff too.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Bump for posterity, and with some new WIP content. Tell me what you think.
Attachments
Alliance Armatures 'Stygia' class Destroyer
Alliance Armatures 'Stygia' class Destroyer
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I like the body (the gold outline's nice), but the wings need some work; mainly in the middle at the struts and the area further forwards, where the sections look kind of randomly slapped down compared to the body. Also the glowy core seems a bit stretched horizontally, although that may be deliberate.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I like it, but have you tried turning it around, or is that too cliche? It looks good where you have the dark grey under the blue, might add a touch more of that on the outside of the wings. The batteries of guns are cool!
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Intergalactic Alliance (Updated 8/11)

Post by ArcaneDude »

Bamp

A third destroyer has been added. C&C much appreciated on all three of them.
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Re: The Intergalactic Alliance (Updated 8/12)

Post by Skull13 »

It may just be personal taste, but the sharp angles at the bow of the Belyxia and Orion don't feel like they fit the rest of the fleet. Too jagged, IMHO. Smooth it out.

Other than that, I like the fleet and hope to see a download soon!
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s