Creativity on a Stick

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Do you want all of my Mech available to download?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:58 am

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 10

Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Creativity on a Stick

Post by Doogie12 »

If you really want to see the full animation...theres a download further down.

Myenar. Explained below.

The Military
The standard military only sports two kinds of Mechs, relying more on fast and hard hitting ships to do their job.
The All-Atmosphere Assault Mech; a basic machine armed with a heavy machine gun.
The Heavy Assault Mech; sporting top of the line machine gun, twin box rockets, and heavy shield plating, this mech can deliver painful retribution to its enemies.

The Navy (Marines)
The Navy utilizes more elite and tactical mechs to do their job. However, due to lack of heavy artillery, they never stray from a mothership/station/carrier etc.
The Tactical Assault Mech; A close range mech sporting a powerful shotgun.
The Relentless Assault Mech; A powerful and hard hitting mech with a mounted shoulder-chaingun and minigun.
The Long-Range Support Mech; With a deadly accurate sniper rifle, this mech supports ships and other mechs. It is armed with two shoulder-mounted machine guns to help defend against the rare enemy that can close in.

The Demolitioneers
The Demolitioneer branch of the military sport only explosive weapons and are usually used in number to tackle larger ships.
The Standard Bombard Mech; A simplistic mech outfitted with an RPG.
The Heavy Bombard Mech; Armed with two box rockets and an RPG, this mech packs a punch.
The Grenadier Mech; This terror shoots grenades at high velocity towards any enemy in sight.

Standard Commando Chassis; authorization is granted to customize these mechs at will, so long as they stay within a budget.

And last but definately not least,
The Red Warrior.
Doogie's legendary customized mech has been known to reduce fleets to nothing more than scrap metal.

Feel free to post any customizations of my mechs in this topic
you will need the MIRV beta for these...for the most part
Heavy Assault Mech.shp
(6.04 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Heavy Assault Mech.sb4
basic mech
(6.67 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Commando Chassis.shp
(6.17 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Commando Chassis.sb4
(6.97 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Comments and criticism much needed.
Last edited by Doogie12 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:09 am, edited 11 times in total.
naysayers will be shot
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Re: I found my calling

Post by Icy »

I do like the color scheme that you put on it. The blue sections on the outside of the (I'm assuming) engines might look better if they were depthed above the struts. I think that it would look really cool if you were to put the eri_grunge sprites, in additive, on top of the blue ones.

I tried, hope this helps
Last edited by Icy on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

With the blue orb, maybe if you put some lightning doodads between the orb and the centre and side wings, and they flick back and forth from the orb, that way it'll look like part of the ship, and not like it's been randomly placed there
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

@icy. The blue plates already are on top of the micro engine struts. Maybe i'll get around to the grunge later, but I don't have much (or any) experience with them.

Anyways i took imaillusion's advice and put a crap load of lightning. However for some reason this computer doesn't like it when I make GIF's. I'll work on that later.

If you really want to see the full animation...heres a download. You will need the new MIRV beta for this
Serras (with lightning).shp
(15.08 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Last edited by Doogie12 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
naysayers will be shot
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

New Ship, yeah...

Post by Doogie12 »

Myenar. Guess where I got the inspiration for it. Unarmed at the moment.

Promethean. Got bored and made a little experiment. Thought it turned out quite nice though.

I'm a little unsure about both names so if anyone has a better suggestion you are more than welcome to say it.
Comments and Criticism much needed/appreciated/wanted!
naysayers will be shot
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

hmm, on the first one perhaps you should be more choosy about which sections you try to outline. I'd go for the further in ones that don't blur every chance they get.

The second one is nice in a simple, realistic way. I like the placement of the torpedo tubes.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I just realized I made like a dozen ships I never posted!
Ashteroth, AKA the most awesomely-cluttered triangle fail of all time. I know its horrible so spare me that since I simply want to know what part about it is good so I can delete the rest of the ship and build off of it.

Mjolner, clearly based on a previous design of mine with a few extra things.

And now for my mechs...
Normal

Heavy

Waaaay overpowered Commando (REALLY fun to use in DC mode)

so once again, comments and criticism much wanted.

@jwa, I tried "outlining" the more center sections but just looked silly every time. I'm surprised the second one turned out so well since I made it in about 5 minutes...interesting. Thanks for the comment!
naysayers will be shot
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

wow man love your mechs! the armour looks like it fits perfectly onto their bodies very nice, the ships are a bit meh in my opinion. The second ones ok but nothing special it needs some colour to spruce it up a bit but the glows are nice, maybe close up the hole in the middle a bit more to make it a bit more solid. And the giant triangle, well if you removed everything the core would be a good starting point for a new ship :P sorry i know thats useless criticism but im not sure what you could do with that, on a positive note the engines are nice but yeah thats about all i like from that one.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

I think the Ashteroth looks quite decent, actually. The depthing looks nice, and the only nitpick I have is the border: looks a bit bland. The rest, well, just put a bit more contrast and it's good.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Silver Swordsman wrote:The rest, well, just put a bit more contrast and it's good.
Can you clarify more on "contrast" please?

And yeah Preacher, I know the ships are meh...I really wasn't experienced when I made them last summer. (exaggeration)
Last edited by Doogie12 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
naysayers will be shot
Kal Adama
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kal Adama »

I think the Ashteroth looks quite like a Super Star Destroyer. It might just be me. Regardless, all the designs are quite good! (better than what I usually get up to, at any rate...)
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Ok lets see if I get this right.
The first ship's main problem is the outer layer. The pieces look weird and spammy being mostly uncovered. The outer most edge should be the shallowest if your looking at the design from above.
The second ship is a fairly standard design and I like the work you put towards the engine. The bow could use some work though.
The mechs are delicious! I would have changed up the bodies a bit and not just the guns, maybe the commando could have its wings elongated, but largely these are perfect. Maybe some unit decals from Arc's pack on their shoulders? Keep this up!
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Due to the fact that you all love my mechs, I decided to dedicate a post specifically towards them. I believe I will make another strand of mechs before too long. done

The Military
The standard military only sports two kinds of Mechs, relying more on fast and hard hitting ships to do their job.
The All-Atmosphere Assault Mech; a basic machine armed with a heavy machine gun.
The Heavy Assault Mech; sporting top of the line machine gun, twin box rockets, and heavy shield plating, this mech can deliver painful retribution to its enemies.

The Navy (Marines)
The Navy utilizes more elite and tactical mechs to do their job. However, due to lack of heavy artillery, they never stray from a mothership/station/carrier etc.
The Tactical Assault Mech; A close range mech sporting a powerful shotgun.
The Relentless Assault Mech; A powerful and hard hitting mech with a mounted shoulder-chaingun and minigun.
The Long-Range Support Mech; With a deadly accurate sniper rifle, this mech supports ships and other mechs. It is armed with two shoulder-mounted machine guns to help defend against the rare enemy that can close in.

The Demolitioneers
The Demolitioneer branch of the military sport only explosive weapons and are usually used in number to tackle larger ships.
The Standard Bombard Mech; A simplistic mech outfitted with an RPG.
The Heavy Bombard Mech; Armed with two box rockets and an RPG, this mech packs a punch.
The Grenadier Mech; This terror shoots grenades at high velocity towards any enemy in sight.

And last but definately not least,
The Red Warrior.
Doogie's legendary customized mech has been known to reduce fleets to nothing more than scrap metal.

EDIT*you know, I bet using grunge on the marines would be nice...
...strike that...its silly looking.
naysayers will be shot
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: NEW! Top of the line MECHS!

Post by jwa8402 »

Hmm, ya the camo effect would have looked pretty awesome if it worked. Keep trying! It also strikes me when looking at the commando that it might look cool duel wielding pistol type weapons, but maybe not. All in all, bad-ass mechs!
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Re: NEW! Top of the line MECHS!

Post by Doogie12 »

Argh! you read my mind!
Standard Commando Chassis; authorization is granted to customize these mechs at will, so long as they stay within a budget.

(which is good cause I'm giving an sb4 download and permission to post any "customizations" in this thread)
Commando Chassis.sb4
(6.97 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Commando Chassis.shp
(6.17 KiB) Downloaded 199 times

You don't have to stick with the color scheme, in fact I kinda want somebody experienced with grunge to try a camo effect.

Edit*added a basic laserpointer on the pistols
Edit* Almost forgot, I used the MIRV Beta to build all of these (cept the military cause those are older) but none of them use MIRV weapons or features so I'm not sure if you will need it or not. Just thought I'd post a warning
naysayers will be shot