my newer ship that i have made

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

lonewolf2121
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

my newer ship that i have made

Post by lonewolf2121 »

ok here's a new ship with some newer parts and with look back at my old topic it told my how to put guns under stuff so here is my mk1 light carrier :) note this a newer remade one so Anna improvement or what...

please if you hate tell why and what i should do to fix it and please still fell free to comment
Last edited by lonewolf2121 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: my newer ship that i have made

Post by Anna »

You're a horrible person without the slightest idea of what a good ship is. Alternatively, you're a troll. Everyone else will say the same thing, so there's really not much point in posting ships like this. You ignored all the advice given to you in your first thread, that you made two months ago, and now you come back and paste something that's somehow worse. :|

Lurk more.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
lonewolf2121
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by lonewolf2121 »

Ok that was 2 MONTHS AGO so i have forgot ok. so don't go all mad at me for forgetting
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

It's not about remembering. It's about common sense. Besides, in those 2 months, you'd think you'd have had the time to check a few other threads, no?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

ArcaneDude wrote:It's not about remembering. It's about common sense. Besides, in those 2 months, you'd think you'd have had the time to check a few other threads, no?
Or practice and make something just a little better then your previous works. Like Anna said, this is somehow worse then those. So you went backwards.
lonewolf2121
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by lonewolf2121 »

well i had school up to a month ago so i had homework homework HOMEWORK :cry:
i had to catch up or i would have a very bad summer so I had no time to do so i have just started up again and had a computer restart so im doing this all from scratch so.... i have no more parts to anything with OK!
lonewolf2121
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by lonewolf2121 »

ok tell me what is wrong with my ship your are saying its bad but how and why?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I think you could figure it out if you tried, but heres some advice.
-go to the custom sprites section and download new stuff! Theres plenty out there and the downloads are mostly easy to find in the first posts so really no excuse there. All you need is 7-zip or some free program to unzip the .rar files and drop them in your custom sprites folder. There is even a .ini file someone made to automatically put many of the new sprites into the shipmaker menu so you don't have to drag and drop.

-Don't use special effects. You've altered the alpha and added aegis to parts of the ship. This does not improve the look; quite the opposite. Aegis is a rather ugly effect and if you must use it to make the ship more functional, there are ways to make it less obvious. Either applying it to shield sprites only or making it invisible so it only flares up when something hits it.

-Think out the ships you build. This does not really look like a ship, and the effects make it make even less sense. I don't remember what you built when you were here before but try just building the stock ships to start with and then play around with modding them. I know looking at Holy Ships can be intimidating but if you looked at even a few threads you would understand the negative reaction to what you've posted so far. Take some time and have fun making something that looks good to you. Hope that helps.
lonewolf2121
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by lonewolf2121 »

ok i have gotten some new parts and guns so im am going to make a new ship with some of the advise you give me. so i'll see how you like the next one.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Don't use the SW weapon sprites with non-SW ships. It just looks bad.
Also, too dark.
lonewolf2121
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by lonewolf2121 »

@calvin1211 maybe because your screen lighting is low cuz it a light gray for me so i don't know why is dark but i am rebuliding it with sw hull parts and not normal parts ok
Last edited by lonewolf2121 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
lonewolf2121
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by lonewolf2121 »

Ok i have over hulled my carrier with new parts so it from scratch so here is my new carrier with new hull and newer guns

here's a lighter 1 for people who have their screen on low lighting
Last edited by lonewolf2121 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

1. It´s still very dark and no we don´t need to brighten up our monitors, I think you have to pull the sun out of yours.
2. The runway has no runway....
3. If it is a carrier, make it a bit more beefier, where are is your payload stored?
4. Center your core more efficient, I can see the circle at the back but not at the front.
lonewolf2121
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by lonewolf2121 »

well this is a light carrier not a holy ****ing carrier so it does not need to be huge and the core can do more in the center than in the front? the runway well your in space so do you really need a solid runway and there are shields and stuff so can't it be made of plasma?
Last edited by lonewolf2121 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

It´s still a bit too slim, where do you store your ships? Where are the crewquarters, storage/supply room, I think you´re getting what I mean. Kay, your runway is an energyfield, try to place something at its place make it transparent with alphafade, you did make an border, so it´s looking kinda weird. Placing the core more centerd or more backwards leads to a more realistic movement of your ship. It´s looking weird if a ship pivots at its front.