Alive series spaceships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Alive series spaceships

Post by alive916 »

(final design always in the lastest page)

Hi all. It is my about thirtieth created but the first post in this forum. I called it Wing Angel.(Its just named by The Wing Series that I created)It looks like an eagle more......

Is it ok?

And in some reason I want to reduce some parts that I can play it in a smoother performance. Which parts can I reduce?

Finished Wing Angel is shown at the bottom of this page

(You may ignore the aegis beacuse it can be destroyed by tactically assault)

14fps lol

also I asked for some shining core in custom contacts that can make it cool. Hope someone can help me.
Last edited by alive916 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:22 am, edited 9 times in total.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Re: My first ship post there

Post by Kiltric »

Lurk more.

Have a look at the stickies and the threads of the more experienced members. I recommend Blackhart's thread or Lactosetolerant's Archalieus Shipyards, just to get a sense of what good shipbuilding is. Then come back and try again.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

looking at your other ships aesthetically the smaller ones are better. atleast you've used more than the stock 24, but you should cut down on the repetition, except on the kind of feathery wing bits - repetition looks good for that effect - and you should bulk the bigger one up a lot more. try downloading and using some SW sprites as well. the colour scheme is quite nice (except for the yellow) and it would do well with some depth shading
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

I see. Now I am working on the Wing Angel.

SO, The ships below is my other creation. Could you command with this?
(I am just scared about posting some abnormal shape ships)

Name:
left-top
Destroyer(horrible plasmabolt core and shock beamer)

right-top
Pow(main cannon tower with protective deflector energy core)

left-bottom
Armoroid(denser section-placing which has more total HP)

right-bottom
Carrier(Plz focus on the protected ship deployers and some PD system)

Is it playable?
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

I like the shapes, but the ageis pretty much ruins it, there are holes everywhere on your ships, and you have too many weapons (E.g. look at the top-left ship, where the clump of bolters are. I mean, what the hell :?)
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
James510
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by James510 »

I like the shape of the bottom left ship, but try to fill in the holes and remove the aegis. Your ships don't have to be combat proven, they can just look nice.
Fail
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

I know your point. After I use the "fill the holes" and "repeating the unit like a wing feather is good" suggestions, I created three ships below. But sorry I am a aegis frency so that it look a bit nice and...... enough defense. (just for my ship series......)

left-top:
Defender(normal aegis defense with denser section placing like a mini Armoroid)

left-bottom:
Sidin(focus on side attack)

Right:
CronusEX(a huge Cronus that have a number of beam system)(my dreadnaught-class ships has a shining core)

Is the design looks good by filling more holes?

And, under the Droid's request, there has some radial symmetrical space stations.(wonderful avatar~)(where is my ctrl C...)

p.s. :They are space stations

Left:
Mana hexagon(hexagonal star shape and aim-outside turret. Concentrated nano matrices.)

Right-top:
Roundvision(aim-inside turret which prevents melee attack-type ships. also defensive boards prevent the destructed sections of the enemy ships)

Right-bottom:
Nano(retanglar shape space station. Defending with 4 mega tachyon which can output a huge damages suddenly for the defensive giant ships)

p.p.s. :The placing of aegis can be easily destroyed by tactical attacking.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Alive series ships post there.....not good but......

Post by calvin1211 »

Glowy core on the cronus EX is far too bright. And it seems... kinda odd. Does not resemble the cronus much.
The other ships are much nicer, especially the defender, with somewhat nicer shapes and less more subtle glows.
The stations themselves are rather nice, but they seem rather cluttered. The glowy core on the Nano looks out of place on the cross-shaped center portion.
Also, lay off the aegis. Ships usually don't look good with it on.
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

Suggestion: use SW-sprites. They are easier to play with, and they make your ships look better anyhow.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

I know SW sprites look more like a reality ship sections and they are easy to place. But if I replace SW sprites, I will face a lots of huge problems......

1. Because of I use more than 24 sections, I afraid all of the ships(both base on games and my creations about 40 ships and bases) will have two different types of sections after the sprite replacement. And I need to replace all original sections to another suitable SW sections of the beauty.

2. The replacement of sections is hard. Especially some key sections which connected to a huge group of sections and the replacement works make a chance that I forgot the original design.

3. Sw sprites is cool but......I feel good in using original sprites.(respectiveness to the game author?)

4.The color type becomes only one color, white. I mean only white can show the true color of SW sprites. The combinations of other colors become unsuitable.

5. Base on the problem of 4, the ships are not playable because of the team colors. Use the team colors directly makes ships look strange. I don't want to become a 100% designer. I enjoy more in putting the ships in the bloody sandbox arena. XD

So, sorry. But, otherwise, I downloaded SW sprites and try to group into other section group. Maybe I will make some ships that only for admire.

.........(._.?)
(remain before: yes the core of Nano base is in (-1,0). thanks for noticing)

In the thousands of dislike from both about aegis, I post the ships without it.(For playing-use ships they still have aegis.)

top-left:
shielder(I suppose you know which sections have aegis, don't you?)

bottom-left:
Pre Cannon(high tension electro-densing technology gives a terror tesla shock for castle attack)

top-right:
Pow-changed(rapid side attack. Good in facing huge ships)

bottom right:
Cronus-changed(still have beam placement)

.........(._.|||)

Finally, I find something interest that may suprise you.

(GLaD:deploying suprise in five......four......bzzzp....)

I call it.......(alt-tabbing x8....)
QuadihesaheliomoirasinoarcashecaticronusEX

Or, Quadihesa-heliomoira-sinoarcas-hecaticronusEX

Or, maybe QuheshousEX

p.s. :19fps

If they group them togather and tune the positions right, is it a good ship?XD
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

you don't have to convert all your ships (and mixing stock and sw never works anyway) leave these creations as stock and experiemt with sw, they tend to have to be used quite different to get good looking results. the shipmaker version 4 was made so that you can import custom sprites, so surely it would be doing it credit to use this feature to its full extent. sw sprites can be recolored, there's no limit to that. i mean, look around the forum at all the ships, do they look like they're all done in one colour? and anyway, you don't have to use team colours to define different sides, you could even build two entirely separate fleets to fight one another, and then it gives the whole thing more interest rather than facing the same ships against each other.

anyway, onto the ships

the shielder is quite nice. i especiallt like the use of the red sections at the back and the shape gives it an alien feel, although the repetition on the front armour isn't doing it any favours

the pre-cannon: arghhh! weapon span! seriously, don't use loads of teslas, just use one and mod it so its more powerful. you could even layer it with more beams etc. to make it look more awesome

the other two are alright, although the pow looks far too spindly and the cronusEX has a huge hole in it which you should get rid of

the final thing:

all i can think of now is power-rangers and their wierd transforming/combining giant robot things xD
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

left:
Shielder-replaced(I found a curve sections and replaced it)

right:
Cronus-ch-tunedEX(fill the holes. But it seems there has a overlapping.)

Oh I forget the shading.

left:
Shielder-shad-replaced(shading added)

right:
Cronus(use in comparing)

alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

I complete the changing of Wing Angel now......free to command......

Wing Angel-sub-2-changed(outside sub-wing removed. Some shielding sections removed.)(Boss-class dreadnaught)

After that. Oh what the.........

What am I created? How long I wasted?

Oh shit I make a shipyard.....

I become crazy and get a wooly thinking......

Oh my......What the shipyard......

Enina space shipyard(4x mini Enalanic energy recycling core provide the matter creating. Good in point defense and anti-invasion laser/drones)

building Sidin-------building frigate-------completed Pump
building Defender---nearly completed Shielder

I am prepared for your anger. Free to criticize.

p.s.: 6fps
Maart3n
BANNED

Post by Maart3n »

One thing before I comment on the ships them selfs: BSF comes with a build in screenshot button, F9, which saves the screenshots in .PNG format making them a lot less crappy.

The ships have some potential as basic outline, but now they just look like just that; quickly made outlines for ships that would reasonable.
The station for example has an interesting shape, but the flimsy(and I mean paper on it's side flimsy) arms, which look like they would break if the smallest know bullet know to man kind would smash into them. This makes the entire thing look WiP and like you build it in 10 min(you probably did). So just spend a little more time on your ships, wait till they look like something that has gotten good criticism here, and bigger is not better.
alive916 wrote:p.s.: 6fps
p.s. WE REALLY DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR SHITTY PC.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Maart3n wrote:p.s. WE REALLY DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR SHITTY PC.
Now that? That was uncalled for. Consider yourself in acquisition of a third warning, and as a result, a new permanent ban. This one is not being removed, period.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ