Alive series spaceships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Re: Alive series ships post there.....not good but......

Post by Imaillusion »

I'm sorry but that last ship is one of the worse I have seen. It's really just a jumble of sections that have been badly put together. The shape is wack, the ageis you can do without, and really you should just try to make ships that can impress youself first, not us.

Possibly the only redeeming factor about this ship (and it may sound contradictory of what I have said beforehand) is that I actually like how asymmetrical it looks, even if it is ruined by everything else :|

Back to the drawing board, I'm afraid
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

You seem to be making the most common and biggest beginner mistake around; you're not making actual ships, but rather shapes. If you're making a ship, always try to think 'is this plausible?'. Your latest ship is less of an actual spaceworthy hull than it is a scrapheap. At least that's what it looks like. The shieldship you've built, on the other hand, is a lot better; it's a decent beginner ship. It may be spindly and simple, but at least you didn't overarm it and it's not a jumble of sections. Try making more ships with an idea; this ship is supposed to do that, so it should have this shape and so functionality. That's a good line of thought.

Practically this should translate in ships with an overall simpler, more tucked in shape and less conflicting internal sections. In the end it will allow you to make engine sections, weapons pods, gundecks, bridge areas,... It will allow you to diversify your ships from small to large, arm them accordingly and make them look like actual plausible ships (as far as BSF might allow you). If you need inspiration, look around the forums, specifically the Holy Ship! thread. Or just watch some scifi again, it might help you get an idea of what I mean.

Second, I recommend two practical things; switch to SW sections. There's a lot of variety in them and they look better overall. Of course, this is just a recommendation, follow it as you please. Finally, and this has already been said, use BSF's built in screenshot function or simply save your screenshots as PNG's to avoid the jumbled effect your pictures have.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

Thx of the criticize. Shipyard is just a joke:D

I post the ship in game instead of in SM because the glow is cool. I closed the interpolate for the performance in some big battle. No matter what, if you still hate it I will try to take screenshot in SM.

A changes of Pow so that it looks not too spindly by reducing the size of the wings.

Pow-ch(It looks bulky but centre axle is still spindly)

---------
The prototype of SW sprite. So just call it Proto

I still face some problem in usint SW sprites. The core is original sprite, turret problem, uncomfortable of section placing, pixel shadow problem etc. Actually I do not like reality too much.

Proto(normal size travelling-use space ship. Good in space jumping.)

Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

There's something about the first ship that I really like, I think it's how the colouring was done and how you did the glows, it looks really nice. There's a bit too much weapons on it though, might wat to trim back

The second ship is... generic, I suppose. I don't really find anything interesting about it. At least you're trying the SWA-style sections, that's a start
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

Yey!! I finally create my dream station in pentagonal radial shape!!! I search about the rotate function in ED2 for a long time and then the stations can move slowly but still spinning!!

Now the amazing, GO!!!the Sakura Eternity!!!!

Base - Sakura Eternity(pentagonal radial shape provides the less area but most facing. Opposite usage of Enalanic energy recycling technology makes the giant cyan plasma output become possible.)(aegis can be destroyed by tactical attack)

Arrr....so cool.

I set the aegis line a bit differently so that you can see it has a little spinning by optical illusion.

ummm.....it seems it is not bigger then the dreadnaught at the gallery. Ummm....
(but Sakura Infinite will crush my computer.....)

And I make a funny thing. It is a Jumpgate.

ESTA(Earth's space travelling association) Business Jumpgate(focusing high tension gamma ray beams create a controlable black hole)

free to enjoy(it is not wonderful in an image)
http://www.mediafire.com/?3ltlyjryniz

25000st
Captain
Captain

Re: Alive series spaceships_authority of radial

Post by 25000st »

I rather like the big station. Reminds me of a kaleidescope. :lol:
You've also managed to use the aegis lines pretty well too.
I'm not too sure about what or how the jumpgate works. You've zoomed too far out on it.
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

Yey my Pow got a admiration.

But in my thought it is not in perfect. I agreed that I make a good glowing in engine part. So I add a side sub-wing in there. And focus in alien weapons so that it fires a purple bullet wall to set off its style.

Another creation is Cruiser. I try to make its shape suit in broadside AI. But, yes, it is too slim I think. Hope you have a suggestion.

Up:
Pow-ch-ch(engine wing added makes the engine seems substantial. Most part of alien turrets .)

Bottom:
Cruiser(side-pointing turrets enhance the power in broadside. With the wide side it gives an effective side attack that can prevent to be ambushed.)

alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

I am back. Just need some comments on this alien ship.

It can use its grav. beam to treat the ship in the trap and "tesla" it. Also with intercept turrets outside.

Commander boss ship - Bloody Sphere(round curve design to trap ships inside for massive tesla electro-hell.)

Moreover I captured a nearly beautiful photo shoot to the Sakura Eternity. For a bit romantic mood. :P

(Forgive the hole. Just for maximum beauty with minimum lag.)

project twin cannon on work.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Horrible aegis spam is horrible, horrible section repitition is horrible, bad spindly ships is bad. Okay that's about it. Why don't you use more sections, especially SWA ones?
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Actually the most recent station looks rather balanced in the way of the in-game alien station. Meaning that its covered in Aegis but the generators for each layer are exposed if you target them. Mass use of aegis is not always bad, most people just tend to cover their whole ship, thats all. The use of stock sections, of the original 24 at that, is not bad for such a use and you shouldn't presume to tell someone so. Your comments might apply to the bloody sphere but not the Sakura Eternity. That said, there could have been some more creative use of even those limited sections, but its something to work toward. I'll play these if you release them.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

What everyone else has said. Less section and aegis spam, especially on the Bloody Sphere.
The Sakura Eternity is very nice though.
Sun
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sun »

Contrary to what everyone else here has said I like a lot of your ship designs. You obviously have a lot of talent in making nice shapes and especially in nice color schemes. I also do like the fact that you're only using non sw sections, one reason is because it looks nice with the colors you're using, but mainly I like the fact that you're using those sections just because everyone else here is telling you not to. It's good to actually be creative and not make ships that look like every other ship on here just because they tell you to.

Now having said that, I still would like to see what kind of ships you could make using SW sections, since you clearly have some good skill in making ships. But that should only be a side project, your original style is too unique to give up.

As a last note, the ship that looks like a giant bird (can't remember the name, sorry) is a really cool idea and obviously not easy to make, and you made it look quite beautiful. Sorry that everyone here doesn't appreciate the artistic value in these ships, but don't let it get to you. I'd love to see some of these people try to make some of your more complex designs before they try to insult them.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

@jwa8402
Yeah, it was the sphere I was mainly talking about. The Sakura Entity, now that you talk about it, is actually really good.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

At first I thought the bloody sphere's arms moved...if they did, then I would forgive you for the aegisspam. You probably shouldn't listen to me right now but I kinda like the section repittition you put on the arms for it. Anyways its kinda like a scarier version of the besieger core in the archives.
naysayers will be shot
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

Ar......Moving arms......It is a great idea! I got a fantasy-fantastic idea in it! I will upgrade the Sphere later on. Also try to remove aegis and make it better.

There are some small frigate class ships that I refer to fighters or skiffs. Playable with specific usage but what I want is to improve their design. (Yes I still cannot get out of the generic of fighter shape.)

Strike
(Extra copy of the game Hell Fighter's strike. Mobile movement with basic weapon: missile, beam and turret.)

Seeker
(Battle skiff that equips a long range vulcan cannon. Like a machine gun.)

Outseek
(Broadside design and weasel turrets for side assault. Also the invisible pulse turret with 1 range on the shaking wings make a "electric saw cutting effect".)

Bringon
(Tachyon fever for fight against big ships with ageis deflector.)

Previs
(Flak pulsar for wide damaging area.)