Preacher's ships, fleets and random designs.

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Preacher
Captain
Captain

Preacher's ships, fleets and random designs.

Post by Preacher »

Im prepared for alot of criticism so feel free to assrape my designs im currently developing back stories but constructive criticism would be appreciated i have only had this game for like four days and my ships don't even approach some of the quality Ive seen but here they are:

p.s start from the bottom and work your way up i added the files the wrong way round i know stupid should rectify unfortunately im in a hurry
Attachments
support ship for alien fleet which again isnt good enough
support ship for alien fleet which again isnt good enough
SMscreen08.png (35.49 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
couldnt help my self its a triangle i know
couldnt help my self its a triangle i know
SMscreen07.png (16.76 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
first time i havnt used the mirror i think asymmetrical suits the JW wreck sprites better
first time i havnt used the mirror i think asymmetrical suits the JW wreck sprites better
SMscreen06.png (13.89 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
small ship but there is a fleet for it unfortunatley there not good enough to post yet
small ship but there is a fleet for it unfortunatley there not good enough to post yet
SMscreen05.png (21.44 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
had a crack at a space station/ ship yard it would have a ship deployer on it but i havnt worked out how to use it yet
had a crack at a space station/ ship yard it would have a ship deployer on it but i havnt worked out how to use it yet
SMscreen04.png (237.91 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
SMscreen03.png
SMscreen03.png (65.97 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
and a long range support ship
and a long range support ship
SMscreen02.png (33.43 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
and a little brother
and a little brother
SMscreen01.png (17.69 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
3rd ship i made
3rd ship i made
SMscreen00.png (19.71 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
Last edited by Preacher on Sun May 23, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Noob Alert hi guys built some ships

Post by Anna »

Welcome to the forums, we're pleased to meet you, lurkmoar etc.

I'm going to leave commentary on these ships for people who even acknowledge that stock sections still exist. As far as I'm concerned they're a relic of a dead era, but hey, always welcome some fresh blood, and some of these seem to demonstrate a degree of skill, so that's always good.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

thanks having difficulty downloading new sections at the mo hence the large array of stock sections.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

still having difficulty downloading swa sprites and mecha sprites not sure why probably because of my girfriends crap on this computer

Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Everything you need to get started into the TSA style should be here:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4500

more specifically, this:

http://individual.utoronto.ca/Squishy/S ... sueSWA.rar

download into your bsf directory and use 'extract here' or something so that the files get sent to the right places.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

That green and orange ship, the one with the angled sides? Keep working on that because the shape is awesome.
You're off to a good start, seems like you've got a good sense of shape aesthetics and decent section usage. Keep practicing, and when you get ahold of SWA sections I'm sure you'll be able to toss together some pretty awesome things.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

Chiiro wrote:That green and orange ship, the one with the angled sides? Keep working on that because the shape is awesome.
You're off to a good start, seems like you've got a good sense of shape aesthetics and decent section usage. Keep practicing, and when you get ahold of SWA sections I'm sure you'll be able to toss together some pretty awesome things.

thanks man i actually got the inspiration from another ship i saw is that plagiarism? i didnt copy it but thats where i got the idea
and that spritepack from squishy thanks i shall see if it works

Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

i have vista so i don't know if that makes a difference but i downloaded the sprite pack you suggested but it asks me which program i should open it with and i don't know which one to use i have also probably said something horrendously stupid and feel very annoyed about it

Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

the alien ship, much as i dislike alien ships, i have to say that it is a true work of art. my only concern is that the guns in the middle of those circley-wingy things doesn't look right
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

Da_Dooley wrote:the alien ship, much as i dislike alien ships, i have to say that it is a true work of art. my only concern is that the guns in the middle of those circley-wingy things doesn't look right
the circley things are meant to be some sort of energy force field which hold the guns in places the force field can then be manipulated to rotate the guns incredibly quickly making them able to track fast moving targets or something like that all will be explained when i develop my back story thanks for the comment though

Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Preacher wrote:i have vista so i don't know if that makes a difference but i downloaded the sprite pack you suggested but it asks me which program i should open it with and i don't know which one to use i have also probably said something horrendously stupid and feel very annoyed about it
Vista sucks. Get to Win7 asap.

You need WinZip to unpack RAR files. It's pretty much the staple archive program.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

will do as soon as possible i now understand my inability to use sprites thankyou

and ive never liked vista but i didnt buy the bloody laptop why didnt they let me choose they know nothing of computers :x

Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

finally got hold of some sprites and threw this together in like 15 minutes just wanted to see what you thought
Attachments
sorry forgot to add photo first time round this has got weapons but its not a functioning ship yet just a design and perhaps the basis for a fleet if its any good personally im not sure
sorry forgot to add photo first time round this has got weapons but its not a functioning ship yet just a design and perhaps the basis for a fleet if its any good personally im not sure
SMscreen022.png (19.27 KiB) Viewed 7713 times

Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Nice ship, interesting design, agreeable choice of paint...

Some holes in the ship itself and those nacelles look rather...flimsy.
Don't you have stuff to do?
Ya know. The important things.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

yeah the holes i can plug this was just something i threw together and i could come up with a reason for them being flimsy cooling or something thanks though. heres another ship based on my earlier design
Attachments
changed first ship slightly
changed first ship slightly
SMscreen028.png (80.34 KiB) Viewed 7685 times
D-SS114 Destroyer<br />The Diridian fleets philosophy is that the more metal you have on your ship the more metal you can recieve from enemy fire. As a result D-SS ships are heavily armoured with great point defence and the         D-SS114 is no different, it has 2 flak turrets to provide an almost impenetrable wall of fire and missile launchers that deal with larger torpedoes, to fight back the D-SS is armed with two long range artillery weapons and for closer encounters its devastating shredder beam. the thick armour and bulky weapons however mean that this ship although considered relatively quick by the fleet is slow and cumbersome compared to other races destroyers
D-SS114 Destroyer
The Diridian fleets philosophy is that the more metal you have on your ship the more metal you can recieve from enemy fire. As a result D-SS ships are heavily armoured with great point defence and the D-SS114 is no different, it has 2 flak turrets to provide an almost impenetrable wall of fire and missile launchers that deal with larger torpedoes, to fight back the D-SS is armed with two long range artillery weapons and for closer encounters its devastating shredder beam. the thick armour and bulky weapons however mean that this ship although considered relatively quick by the fleet is slow and cumbersome compared to other races destroyers
SMscreen023.png (89.75 KiB) Viewed 7691 times