Preacher's ships, fleets and random designs.

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

25000st
Captain
Captain

Re: Preacher's ships, fleets and random designs.

Post by 25000st »

download/file.php?id=183&mode=view
This one could become really cool. It's just you have that one mecha section that's totally killing the flow (not section-blending).
download/file.php?id=184&mode=view
Main body is too cluttered. The section usage in it also needs a lot of smoothening out.
download/file.php?id=182&mode=view
This one looks like it was taken out of a cartoon lol. I guess it's decent but reminds me of one of those moonwalk thingies.
download/file.php?id=181&mode=view
Depth needs a lot of work. The back also feels unfinished along with the colors. I'd like to see where you could take this one.
download/file.php?id=180&mode=view
My favorite out of all of them. The colors aren't quite working but they're still pretty good. IMO desaturating and brightening the red would really help. The TSA_Grd011 also doesn't blend or fit that well with your ship.

KIU
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

Right, been away for a while, due to unfortunate events with my accommodation, however ive got a few bits and pieces that need a critical eye cast over them:

I'm aware that a Papal fleet was created by someone a while back and it gave me an idea or two, unfortunately i couldn't find the actual ships so if my fleet is similar i apologise

Also some of these are my first real experiments with TSA sections and they are a joy to work with.
Attachments
I just wanted to make something big, i couldnt help myself but don't worry i hate it
I just wanted to make something big, i couldnt help myself but don't worry i hate it
A small delve into the world of asymmetrical ships
A small delve into the world of asymmetrical ships
A random cruiser ive been working on WIP
A random cruiser ive been working on WIP
Inquisitor Crucifier
Inquisitor Crucifier
Templar Knight
Templar Knight
One of the black and blue fleet i might make a seperate thread for these
One of the black and blue fleet i might make a seperate thread for these
Vatican Apostle
Vatican Apostle
Vatican Cathedral class
Vatican Cathedral class

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

that big... thing... isn't too bad; the white just contrasts with it too much.
the next 3 are meh. interesting in their own way, but none too special.
The templar knight is beast. just beast. only problem w/ me is that that thing on the end, behind the glow, looks kind of "slapped on"
the black and blue is cool, but i think it would be better in a more angular scheme
the last 2 are an interesting concept, but the color scheme really throws me.
keep it up!
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

hey guys just wanted some c and c on this bad boy,
by the way thank you Kaelis for these awesome sprites!!!!!!!
Oh yeah and a peek at this glowy WIP
Attachments
SMscreen07.png
SMscreen06.png
Last edited by Preacher on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I have to say most of these ships aren't exactly top notch. I am, however, eager to see more of the black and blue fleet. The sample you posted could use a bit more depthing but otherwise it's quite decent. More I say!
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The first ship in your recent post is passably decent, though very unrefined in the center mass. The area around the engines looks decent though. If you could apply those design concepts to the rest of the ship, I think it would look better.

The second ship is interesting, but has some major repetition issues. The manifold pieces, the "curvy" ones that wrap around, are a bit overused. It wouldn't be as bad if the ship were larger or more complicated, but right now those sections alone dominate a lot of the body.
Also, those "wing" pieces are a jumbed and excessive mess. The quantity itself wouldn't be so bad if they didn't just look stuck-on.

I see some very good things in your ships, I hope you can fix the problems.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

One day I will remake all my old ships and try and remember all the ones I lost that never got posted here but for now heres a couple I have been amusing myself with, one is from the BP, the other is a bounty hunter esque ship with a full structure underneath, I have some more stuff just thought id see how these went down :)
Attachments
Marlboro.shp
(38.14 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
IM Susini class.shp
(23.76 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
SMscreen01.png
SMscreen00.png

Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

You've definately gotten better. You have this interesting steampunk style that I quite enjoy.
naysayers will be shot
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

Doogie I downloaded some of your ships the other day, words cannot describe the level of awesomeness. Its just practice though, as long as you have some sense of aesthetics and section usage its just playing around for hours to see what you can do.

I wish i had known it was this simple sooner

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Both of these new ships look great and are an order of magnitude above your previous works. I think my favorite is the top one just for the design, but the second one has lots of interesting detail work as well. Keep it up!
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

Thank you so much, really encouraging. I have had a sudden spree of building, alot of it is tat. or simple ships that i use for gaming BSF, but i will try and produce an 'art' piece soon, thinking of remaking my old designs with shiny and more skill. good idea? Y/N ?

Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

made a big flying gun
Attachments
look at the big shooty shooty
look at the big shooty shooty